• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen New Pokemon and Type Combinations Speculation

pedrito3_poke

Banana
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jul 25, 2022
I'd like to see all kinds of type combinations, just for the sake of having more variety, even if they suck at battles. For example, I like that we have Pokémon like Abomasnow, even though I'll never use it.
Still, there are some pretty good combinations that have never been used and would be pretty good at battles, like Electric/Poison or Fighting/Dragon.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Jan 5, 2018
They had some kind of Roach pokemon protoype:
Kasanagi_evolution.png
Kasanagi.png

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
Years
It has been about 10 days since the last post on here, but I wanted to share a lot of ideas that I had and can't find any where else to post them. Also, I would like to say that the lowest amount of pokemon ever added at one time was 100 and that was back in 2nd Gen. I don't think we will have has many as the other generations this generation as they could be copying the flow like that did with Johto. I am going to say that they will go up 750 or so total pokemon. So 101 or 102 new pokemon, but I could be very wrong with Kalos being so big.

First off I will be starting with legendary ideas. My guess there will not be more that 10 legendaries this time. Again this is a guess at the amount.

Legedary Trio:
  1. Fairy/Fire or Dark
  2. Fairy/Grass (Only 1 Legendary Trio Member is grass.)
  3. Fairy/Water ( Only 1 Legendary Trio Member is water.)

Z Legendary and Event Legendaries:
  1. Dark/Fairy (I really do not have anything to base this off of. Possibly a Zaltys which is a type of fertility snake. A Zana which is a type of wood fairy or elf. A Zilant which is a flying reptile with chicken legs.)
  2. Fairy (Just any type of Fairy that may be a pokemon. Also could be a Zana.)
  3. Dark (Some sort of evil mythical beast that could be considered just a dark type)

These are just a few ideas for legendaries. I have more, but for the sake of space I will keep it at that. Spoilers can get annoying.

These are 15 other pokemon or lines I would love to see.
  1. A Dolphan based line: Fairy/Water ( I sometimes think of dolphins as fairies.)
  2. Evo Form of Litleo: Fire/Dark (The image would be different with gender)
  3. A Shield Pokemon to match Honedge: Ghost/Steel
  4. Rock or Ground Eeveelution: Rock or Ground
  5. Poison or Steel Eeveelution: Posion or Steel
  6. A badger based line: Dark/Normal or Dark
  7. Hornet based line: Bug or Bug/Flying
  8. A new dragonfly line: Bug/Fairy
  9. Evo of Flabebe: Fairy/Grass
  10. Capricorn Bettle Pokemon: Bug and something else
  11. Evo of Clauncher: Water/Steel possibly.
  12. Evo of Helioptile: Elec/Fairy
  13. Slug/Snail Based Evo line: Bug/Water or Bug/Rock or Steel.
  14. Some type of Fairy/Fighting pokemon.
  15. Some type of Dragon/Fighting pokemon or a evo line of Dragon/Ice

Jake♫

► My Happy Little Pill 
Years
(Don't feel like quoting and deleting 90% of posts so I'm just doing it this way)

@MarinoKadame: I can't stop laughing at that, yet I'm just intrigued and I kind of want it. I have no idea why. It's just one of those things where I want to believe it's real and use it even though it will probably never happen =P

Iceman: Dragon/Fighting oh my lord yes. That would be an awesomely offensive juggernaut that would just wreck stuff type wise. I want it and I want it now. Same goes for Clauncher being Water/Steel. Guaranteed to be on my team regardless, but if it ends up being those types than I would be ecstatic.

Years
Helioptile's based on a Frilled Neck Lizard right? Would it be wrong for me to want an Electric/Dragon evolution??? Gah it was instantly become my favourite Pokemon. :3

Also I hope Litleo evolves into an epic Fire/Poison Lion with a scorpion tail. Ohhh yeah, the Manticore Pokemon!

Years
It kinda looks more like it'll evolve once, but I'll happy however ever they do it, as long as the final stage looks awesome! A kimodo would be so cool! Although honestly I hope it doesn't, kimodos don't look very fast and I want Helioptile to be a sweeper...

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
Years
What about a new evolution line with Ice/Flying. Maybe a snow owl. I think the only Ice/Flying types we have are Articuno and Delibird. I would love to see a full line of Ice/Flying. It doesn't have to be a Delibird line, but a whole new line. I do really want a different type of owl, and a snow owl would be a good choice for this typing.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Sep 11, 2013
Oh man Ice/Flying would be really great.
I'm expecting a ton of fairy types, and I'm really hoping for some ferocious looking ones. Or as ferocious looking fairy can still be anyway :I
I want like they started with in gen V with lots of unique ones. Electric and bug was different and cool, gimme more unique typings like that!

vaporeon7

My life would suck without you
Years
I'd like it if there was a Koala Pokémon. They could make it a Safari Zone Pokémon and they could make it a grass and ground type. Obviously Torterra is already this type, but it never hurts to have another. A caffeine related Pokémon would be cool too. Cause who doesn't love caffeine?

Shrew

is a Shrew
Years
I've wanted a grass-type Koala for the longest time. A cockroach would be a good idea. Perhaps a bug/dark type, because roaches hate light? I would imagine it being very defensive, and hard to squish. It could have Pickup ability.. haha, just kidding.

We haven't had ice/flying since GenII, as long as since fire/flying, so I could see that happening.

I want this generation to take a break from frogs and monkeys. We have enough to spare a generation from them.

Ω Ruby and α Sapphire

the pokemon tirtouga was originally supposed to be a second gen pokemon.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=relmfu&v=s0H5EG-eAsA
here you can see three pokemon who also was supposed to be a second gen pokemon-two of those were supposed to be the water and fire starters and another one a shadow bug.
do you think there is a chance we would see some those pokemons in gen six?

Those two scrapped starter Pokemon are very cute. Shame they didn't make it into the fina version.

blue

gucci
Years
I'd love to see Spritzee evolve into a Flamingo type Pokémon, it's definitely got the characteristics for it and since we haven't had a Flamingo Pokémon yet I think it would be a neat idea.

spritzee_fake_evolution_by_dottedwood-d6d9c4y.png

Years
I'd love to see Spritzee evolve into a Flamingo type Pokémon, it's definitely got the characteristics for it and since we haven't had a Flamingo Pokémon yet I think it would be a neat idea.

spritzee_fake_evolution_by_dottedwood-d6d9c4y.png

If this doesn't happen, I'll lose all hope in common sense.

And then Swirlix will evolve into a Poodle Pokemon :3 It just seems so fitting, being based on France and all.

Years
  • Seen Jul 26, 2013
I feel like the pseudo in this game should be Fire/Dragon or Fairy/Dragon. I personally love all the pseudos in all the generations (except Dragonite cause I never really played Gen 1, but that doesnt mean I dislike him) and I hope the pseudo in this game is pretty badass and strong with a good moveset and typing.

JayTheKing

~~King Of Valla~~
Years
I feel like the pseudo in this game should be Fire/Dragon or Fairy/Dragon. I personally love all the pseudos in all the generations (except Dragonite cause I never really played Gen 1, but that doesnt mean I dislike him) and I hope the pseudo in this game is pretty badass and strong with a good moveset and typing.

I think we already know the pseudo.Noivern.
But we can always have 2 like in Gen 3.

Impo

Playhouse Pokemon
Years
To be honest I didn't picture Noivern as the pseudo

I'm still hoping for an evil #666 pokemon
if it's fairy i will not be happy

Back