• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen New Pokemon - Like/Hate?

malicreet15

Mighty Midget
Years
  • I really love pokemon. It's the best thing since sliced bread.

Hell, it's the best thing since BACON, dammit.

But, with some of the newer versions and pokemon...I dunno. Some of them are just dumb, or rip-offs of older pokemon. I mean, I like Starly/evolutions, and combee/evolution was SUPER neat! But still...some of those newer pokemon are just lame. Those slug-pokemon whos enames I never bother to remember, Parchirisu, Glameow...Some of them are really lame and just don't have that classic-Pokemon feel.

What do YOU think about the newer pokemon?

RTHookers

Banned
    Years
  • You wanna see a ftw-ish Gardevoir?
    See mine.

Anyway, I didn't really like most of the 4th gen. Half of it were evolutions of Pokemon we already had, some were useless but some are awesome for battling.

Katie_Q

Pokemon master in the making
    Years
  • I love the sinnoh region. I thought it was a great game, and has some pretty awesome pokemon (Like my Torterra, Floatzel and Luxray). And I love hoenns pokemon... After picking up an emerald game (hadn't played in the hoenn for like 2 years), I realized I don't really like the game as much as I remember... but maybe it's because I got it off ebay, and its stupid and if I even go on my diamond while the emerald is in the ds, the emerald game deletes. But I still love the pokemon in it.

Sure some of the designs are a bit... fail. But some are really good.

Nero_

Flygon Flock!~
    Years
    • Seen Jun 28, 2010
    I like most of the new pokemon but I will never forget the originals. ^^;

LayZee_in_charge

Thinker....hmmm
    Years
  • please say it aight so.....THEY GOTTA STOP MILKING the pokemon brand...its gettin' more childish as the season go on....

Hatenko

Hiya!
    Years
    • Seen Oct 16, 2010
    i personally found sinnoh to ba actually pretty good, despite how ape-**** alot of "veterans" went. sure, there are some pretty crappy generation iv pokemon like Lucario, Infernape, and Garchomp, but there's also pretty cool ones like Drifblim, Tangrowth, and Mismagius. I don't get the people who thought the games were better when they were primitive and glitchy.

Skull Guardian

I am now FrostPheonix.
    Years
  • Well, my favorite gen was the 2nd, but Sinnoh was ok... but the 5th generation is...well, its not original. They are just copying mightyena and so and making more wolves... It seems pokemon is running out of ideas for new pokemon.

Years
  • I dont really like some of the new evolutions in the newer games. Glameow was okay until it evolves into purugly. Seriously, what was that ._.

Their names are even more complicated now. How do you even pronounce some of them ?! ._.

Years
    • Seen Jul 9, 2010
    First generation was the biggest and bestest. Second generation was quality over quantity. Hoenn was same. Sinnoh was neither :/ (excluding the lake trio, giratina, and cresellia)

Sire

Making Flareon Own You
    Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2024
    i personally found sinnoh to ba actually pretty good, despite how ape-**** alot of "veterans" went. sure, there are some pretty crappy generation iv pokemon like Lucario, Infernape, and Garchomp, but there's also pretty cool ones like Drifblim, Tangrowth, and Mismagius. I don't get the people who thought the games were better when they were primitive and glitchy.

I hope you realize Lucario, Infernape, and Garchomp are amazing pokemon. Hell, Garchomp is even Uber. All of those other pokemon you mentioned can't even get into BL. People like the old games because they were original and better.

To be honest, a particularly despise most of the 4th Generation's pokemon. Most of their designs were just rip offs of old pokemon or just fail in general. There's practically NO difference between East Sea Gastrodon and West Sea Gastrodon, but apparently they had to make two different ones for some reason that only god knows.

Last edited:

Luck

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Years
    • Seen May 20, 2023
    I hope you realize Lucario, Infernape, and Garchomp are amazing pokemon. Hell, Garchomp is even Uber. All of those other pokemon you mentioned can't even get into BL. People like the old games because they were original and better.
    What a stupid thing to say. He wasn't talking about battle wise, he was talking about design. READ CLOSER NEXT TIME PLOX.
    Also, PEOPLE LIKE THE OLD GAMES BECAUSE THEY WERE ORIGINAL AND BETTER?
    If they were really better, people wouldn't be so masochistic and stupid as to say inferior games are better. Take your nostalgia glasses off as well please.
    To be honest, a particularly despise most of the 4th Generation's pokemon. Most of their designs were just rip offs of old pokemon or just fail in general.
    I hope you aren't mentioning bidoof, because every game has a mandatory rodent and bird.
    Otherwise, get out. I never remember seeing any pokemon that resembled buizel, drifloon, drapion, toxicroak, or stunky. Most of them were actually very original, TYVM.

There's practically NO difference between East Sea Gastrodon and West Sea Gastrodon, but apparently they had to make two different ones for some reason that only god knows.
    Design wise, it's very different if you aren't colour blind. You don't even know why they made two different forms. Mt. Coronet split the region in two, and shellos evolved into different forms to fit their environment. I like it because it gives the region more dimension and back story. I don't see how that's hard to understand./endrant

I am of the minority who thinks that the pokemon designs actually got better overall. There are failures like lickylicky, lucario, magnezone, and kricketot, but I found the majority of them to be unique and well designed. But I guess I'm in the minority since my nostalgia glasses aren't on.

Years
  • I really don't like Bronzor and Breonzong. The fossil pokemon are really cool. Lucario is cheap-ish Garchomp is pretty boring. the legendaries are pretty boring except shaymin and giratina. Hmmm, Floatzel is AWESOME. I like the new eeveelutions but their names aren't that great :/

Back