• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

(NEW) Signature Contest #1 - Pokémon [Submissions]

Snowdrop

Back and ready to babble!
Years
  • tumblr_mpl3866oIy1refwjmo1_1280.png

IMPROVED GRAPHICS COMING SOON

tumblr_mpl5akq5X91refwjmo1_1280.png

tumblr_mpl5zqh45g1refwjmo1_250.png

Pokemon!

Host: Snowdrop
    Co-Host: To be Determined

Welcome, every member of PC, to the new signature contest! It's like the Icontest... but with, you know, signatures! :D We hope to gain many participants. Also, this thread is going to be redecorated by me soon, as the large text above states.

In this contest, you will be creating a signature that can range in size from 280 x 150 pixels (280 width and 150 height) to 550 x 290 (550 width and 290
    height). You have 8 days to create a signature and voting will take place for 8 days. Winners will gain access to a userbar or emblazonry if they want, and will also win an emblem.

The details of this theme: Anything related to Pokemon including human characters and even landscapes, buildings, or items featured in the Pokemedia.

tumblr_mpl6a7MvcE1refwjmo1_400.png

1.) You can use fan art as long as you tell give credit to the artist under your submission. This means that, if you find some fan art on Google, you must find the source and give proper credit. You do not have to give credit to photos are anything official from Pokemon, such as screencaps from the anime or the TCG.
    2.) You may not just color adjust a picture by upping the contrast or tampering with the saturation or anything along those lines. Put more effort into it than that!
    3.) You must post your original stocks and renders.
    4.) There is only one entry per person. You may change your entry at any time during the submissions round.
    5.) No pixel art or other mediums that are not considered graphic art unless you incorporate it into the proper signature.
    6.) Your post must relate to the current theme.
    7.) No voting for yourself.

If you use someone else's signature or create duplicate accounts to vote for yourself (as I have seen done before elsewhere), you will never be allowed to participate in this contest again.

Have fun!
    Your deadline is Wednesday, June 17th

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen May 4, 2018
    Oh, ok. I think I have something already.

Is it okay if it's animated? In that case I'd make something different.

Years
    • Seen Dec 30, 2013
    I should be participating if my exams go well this weekend. Seems fun!

Snowdrop

Years
  • Oh, ok. I think I have something already.

Is it okay if it's animated? In that case I'd make something different.

Sorry for a late reply, I was busy all yesterday :C Yes, it can be animated so long as it is still graphic art.

Snowdrop

Years
  • Guys, are you serious? No submissions? I'm going to extend the deadline until we get at least 3 signatures up in here.

Years
    • Seen May 4, 2018
    Oh, Sorry xD

I was actually waiting for the deadline to come closer.

Here's my signature:

OqiVXTu.png

I got lazy and didn't animate it xP

Snowdrop

Years
  • I'd hate to sound like Ms. Picky-Pants, but even if you found them on Google you didn't get permission from the artist. And Google often does not give credit to an artist. I'll let it slide this once, but I'll have to add that to the rules. No fan-art, even from Google unless you've received permission.

Years
    • Seen Aug 2, 2013
    i post mine later =_= (will edit this post)

(Edit) :

3f24bdfd886ff95e816a34c52dd3f37b.png

Spoiler:

Last edited:

Snowdrop

Years
  • Sweet mother of syruppy pancakes, that is one spiffy signature, Zenesis! I'm going to extend it to 5 signatures and then we'll gate this late show on the road.

Years
    • Seen May 4, 2018
    That's not fair, I was careful not to use any fanart because it was a rule. xD

Snowdrop

Years
  • That's not fair, I was careful not to use any fanart because it was a rule. xD

Well, it's being allowed for now. It's still fanart, even if it's on Google. Unless it's official and you find it there, of course xD

EDIT: OH SHOOT LenSho, I wasn't addressing you I was addressing Felly. Yours is fine, the background picture is a photo so it doesn't really matter. You're fine, dude!

derozio

[b][color=red][font=helvetica][i]door-kun best boi
    Years
  • Just gonna post my thoughts on one of the rules if you don't mind?

This is your contest and you're free to do what you like with it when it comes to things like rules and whatnot. But I really feel as if you're limiting graphic artists by putting up a rule against using fan-art. I totally understand the reasoning behind the rule and it is actually the morally correct choice to disallow usage of stuff that's been done by others but...this is graphic art we're talking about. The sole objective of graphic artists is to work on pre-designed/made stocks and make them more visually appealing. Now there are certain exceptions like Signomi who do their own art in their graphics but everyone's not as good at traditional/digital art like she is.

My point being that...the medium itself comprises of people working on things that have been done by other artists to come up with something more visually appealing. I feel that people should be allowed to use any kind of art as long as they credit the artist properly. If people have permission then that's great! If not then at least they're giving credit where due?

I'm saying all this because there have been thousands of instances where people have used fan art in contests like these. The artists generally don't mind as long as they get appropriate credit. Plus, while it IS indeed better to use official art where possible, sometimes fan art just tend to be much more delicious to work with. You see what I'm sayin?

Just my two cents. With that said though, a damn shame I can't participate. I really eanna but...I can't on this phone of mine..

Last edited:

Snowdrop

Years
  • ... well, alright. Your logic surpasses mine, honestly, I was being kind of a stickler xD As long as credit is given to the artist, then fan-art is permitted. As for photos, I'll be a lot more leniant. However, if you find an photo and the owner says "Credit me when you use this" please do. However, I pretty much have never seen anyone ask for credit when using a photo. Okeydokey, thank you, Alexial!

Back