• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

New Starters

Years
    • Seen Oct 8, 2011
    What would you want as a starter pokemon if they made a new region? I would want a lion as a fire starter with pure fire or fire/steel as its final evolution, a wolf or polar bear(i don't like bearatic's look) with final evolution water/ice or water/fighting, and a dragon or some type of mammal(isnt it a little wierd that grass starters are the only ones without mammals) with final evolution as grass/dragon or grass or grass/???.

Hawk.

The Hawist
    Years
    • Age 29
    • PA
    • Seen May 19, 2016
    I doubt they'll make a Dragon starter. Most people would probably choose that one. Anyway, I would like to see Orca Whale or a Great White shark as a water starter. But with my luck they'll probably make a Dolphin :/

As for grass/ghost Jack-o-Laturn would be pretty sick in my opinion. And as for fire, I think I wanna see a Saber Tooth Tiger. It would most likely be a pure Fire, but eh it would look pretty cool nonetheless.

Yoshikko

the princess has awoken while the prince sleeps on
    Years
    • Seen Apr 27, 2020
    I think dragon and steel type would be way too overpowered as a starter type, so that's very unlikely to happen. I'd LOVE to see a kind of fire type Salamander though, that's not even that uncommon and I'm kind of surprised they didn't really make something like that (excluding Charmander, which looks more like a Salamander/Dragon to me, and I really mean a Gecko/Salamander).

Pokemon Game Fan

The Batman
    Years
  • I'd love a Fire/Steel type, possibly a Kangaroo or a Fire-Serpent, or maybe a dog.
    For water... I'd defo love a Water/Ice final evolution, maybe a Polar Bear or an Angeler-Fish or some other type of fish.
    For grass... grass/psychic. Maybe a human-shape final evo, something like Roserade but taller and wider or something like that.

I'd love a Fire/Steel type, possibly a Kangaroo or a Fire-Serpent, or maybe a dog.
    For water... I'd defo love a Water/Ice final evolution, maybe a Polar Bear or an Angeler-Fish or some other type of fish.
    For grass... grass/psychic. Maybe a human-shape final evo, something like Roserade but taller and wider or something like that.

Last edited:

cazzler

Feraligatr FtW!
    Years
  • I'd like to see a shark, or well, anything with sharp teeth! :P
    I'd also like the starters to stay in their pure typing.
    If not then, hopefully, there won't be any fire/fighting combo's
    I'd like to see a water/dark, or grass/ghost, that would be interesting...

infersaime

Come and get me
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen May 16, 2024
    A fire/ghost
    A water/ice
    A grass/ground again
    A Fire/electric
    A water/psychic
    A grass/dark
    alone the final form.

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
    Years
  • For the Grass-type I'd want a baby dragon. :3 And then it would eventually evolve into a huge grass/dragon type. The first form would be pure grass and would still have part of the egg around it's lower body. o3o It would gain it's Dragon typing when it goes into its second form.

For the Water-type I want a Seal, that evolves into a Ground/Water Walrus-like Pokemon. :) It would be super bulky and strong. o3o

And as for the Fire-type; I want an Electric/Fire type. I don't know what it would be though. \;

Years
  • I'd like a Panda or perhaps a grizzly bear as my grass type starter, eventually evolving into a Grass/Fighting type.

I'd like a Fire type based off of a dinosaur, preferably a Tyrannosaurus Rex, and it would gain Rock as an additional type upon evolving.

Finally, I'd like something really unique for Water, maybe a deer or bipedial shark, Water/Electric would be a cool typing to gain as a final evolution.

marcc5m

what
    Years
  • I'd like a Panda or perhaps a grizzly bear as my grass type starter, eventually evolving into a Grass/Fighting type.

I'd like a Fire type based off of a dinosaur, preferably a Tyrannosaurus Rex, and it would gain Rock as an additional type upon evolving.

Finally, I'd like something really unique for Water, maybe a deer or bipedial shark, Water/Electric would be a cool typing to gain as a final evolution.

First two aint gonna happen.

Grass = Reptile
    Fire = Zodiac Animal
    Water = Aquatic Animal.
    Always.

Years
    • Seen Oct 1, 2016
    Let's see...
    For fire:
    A fire-ant for a Fire starter that grows to Fire-Bug (obviously)
    A meteorite that proceeds to mutate several times and becomes Fire-Rock or Fire-Steel
    That's it for now...

Grass:
    A Venus Fly Trap Grass-Poison type
    I have a design for that one and I really like it, so I haven't thought of others.

Water:
    Pure water bivalve of some sort
    Water-Electric coral or sponge of some type
    Some sort of pure Water, or Water-Dark or something deep-sea fish line
    A Water-Ground freshwater fish line (some leeway on typing)
    A dolphin line
    A Blackfish line (the dolphins collectively called "whales"; namely the Pygmy Killer Whale, Melon-Headed Whale, False Killer Whale, Pilot Whales, and Orca/Killer Whale)
    Or a more realistic Baleen Whale line.

As you can probably guess, I like cetaceans.

Kevin

kevin del rey
    Years
  • Oh...

For a Fire-starter I would like to see a tiger or some lion thing.

For a Water-starter I would like to see a shark.

For a Grass-starter I wanted to see a snake (Snivy was made, so yeah).

Hawk.

The Hawist
    Years
    • Age 29
    • PA
    • Seen May 19, 2016
    A Grass and Fighting wouldn't be too bad either. I'd definitely wanna see a Fire/Dark starter of some sort. Maybe a Cerberus type of creature would be possible.

psyanic

pop a wheelie on a zeitgeist
    Years
    • Age 27
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 10, 2023
    I've always thought a Fire/Psychic would be very interesting, like a bipedal meditating tiger.

Then a Water/Poison salamander thing. Kind of like what Wooper looks like but with purple colors incorporated in.

7Mufasa7

Velohsytea
    Years
    • Seen Dec 19, 2014
    i would love to see a rock starter. that looks like a frog. final evo water/rock.

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen May 19, 2021
    I just hope they don't make the Fire-type starter Fire/Fighting again...

Back