• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen New Types?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Azure-Supernova

Trainer of mediocre Champions!
    Years
    Of all types, why? Being SE vs bug back in RBY never helped. You already had fire and flying to trump both. Adding flying and Ice is a better option anyway. Or just get fire/ice and ignore Poison altogether. Between those two, the only type your Poison is better against is water.

Because right now it really doesn't pay to have a poison type on your team, considering a fair few Pokémon can learn Toxic and moves of its kind. Considering Poison has one SE and does half damage against poison, rock, ground and ghost, that tiered with it's nonsense weakness to Psychic and a weakness to Poision... well it makes it a bit redundant when it's on it's own.

I'm not saying it should be buffed up a load, it'd be nice to see it a little less... useless...

Years
    • Age 38
    • Seen Dec 1, 2014
    I'm going to ignoire the rudeness and leave it on a simple point:

Case in point, we cant live on 17 types forever or the game will get... stale!

We will need more!

Abyssumi

Future Legends Z-A Mod
    Years
    • He/Him
    • Seen Mar 22, 2024
    Because right now it really doesn't pay to have a poison type on your team, considering a fair few Pokémon can learn Toxic and moves of its kind. Considering Poison has one SE and does half damage against poison, rock, ground and ghost, that tiered with it's nonsense weakness to Psychic and a weakness to Poision... well it makes it a bit redundant when it's on it's own.

I'm not saying it should be buffed up a load, it'd be nice to see it a little less... useless...

maybe theres better types to be SE against than bug and flying but bug is logical so anything bug + one other type sounds reasonable?

Years
    • Age 38
    • Seen Dec 1, 2014
    maybe theres better types to be SE against than bug and flying but bug is logical so anything bug + one other type sounds reasonable?

Parasect already has 2 4x weaknesses. Might as well roll it into a coffin!

Abyssumi

Future Legends Z-A Mod
    Years
    • He/Him
    • Seen Mar 22, 2024
    I'm going to ignoire the rudeness and leave it on a simple point:

Case in point, we cant live on 17 types forever or the game will get... stale!

We will need more!

no rudeness whatsoever that i could see. and saying we need a new type doesnt explain why it should be wood or time

Parasect already has 2 4x weaknesses. Might as well roll it into a coffin!

am im not targeting parasect im just saying we kill bugs with poison why shouldnt poison be SE against it?

Last edited:
    Years
    • Age 38
    • Seen Dec 1, 2014
    no rudeness whatsoever that i could see. and saying we need a new type doesnt explain why it should be wood or time

Purely, it was for balance reasons that I was able to juggle the types in just a way I could calibrate just the right mix of SE, immunities and NvE in ways I felt would prevent inferiority, excessive overlap and... well, it's an old list.

Abyssumi

Future Legends Z-A Mod
    Years
    • He/Him
    • Seen Mar 22, 2024
    Purely, it was for balance reasons that I was able to juggle the types in just a way I could calibrate just the right mix of SE, immunities and NvE in ways I felt would prevent inferiority, excessive overlap and... well, it's an old list.

yes but wood and time are completely unnecessary and illogical types. wood is essentially the same as grass and time is just ridiculous

Azure-Supernova

Years

There's a point there. Besides, wouldn't wood just essentially be grass? Except maybe with a weakness to Steel tacked on (steel blades).

am im not targeting parasect im just saying we kill bugs with poison why shouldnt poison be SE against it?

Exactly, that's just poor typing on Parasect's part =/ Though I can understand, the some bugs are poisonous and whilst we do kill them with poison, it's not the same type of poison that is represented by the type. Perhaps a SE against Water and Fighting? Water because of how toxins pollute water and Fighting because... well... okay I'll say it, a lot of fighting types are vaguely humanoid and humans kinda suck when there's poison in them

Abyssumi

Future Legends Z-A Mod
    Years
    • He/Him
    • Seen Mar 22, 2024
    There's a point there. Besides, wouldn't wood just essentially be grass? Except maybe with a weakness to Steel tacked on (steel blades).

Exactly, that's just poor typing on Parasect's part =/ Though I can understand, the some bugs are poisonous and whilst we do kill them with poison, it's not the same type of poison that is represented by the type. Perhaps a SE against Water and Fighting? Water because of how toxins pollute water and Fighting because... well... okay I'll say it, a lot of fighting types are vaguely humanoid and humans kinda suck when there's poison in them

see! this guy gets it!! except for the fighting bit it makes sense BUT it kind of makes psychic redundant as its claim to fame is being able to handle fighting types. am i think poison should be SE against grass, bug, water and sumting else which i would like to be either flying or dragon

Jerme

stupid
    Years
    • Seen Dec 14, 2010
    hey everyone i have a great idea lets make a marijuana type its immune against flying type and weak against fire type but when hit by fire type it makes your foe poisoned because of the fumes hey lets make a drug type and fighting types are immune because they act as steroids also immune to poison because theres medical drugs that cure poison

Azure-Supernova

Years
    see! this guy gets it!! except for the fighting bit it makes sense BUT it kind of makes psychic redundant as its claim to fame is being able to handle fighting types. am i think poison should be SE against grass, bug, water and sumting else which i would like to be either flying or dragon

I never got a few things, like why Flying is SE against Fighting. I can understand Psychic totally (it's a mind vs muscle thing), but flying?

Also if they introduce a Light type, needs to have a weakness to Poison... Poison desperately needs power...

Jerme

stupid
    Years
    • Seen Dec 14, 2010
    I never got a few things, like why Flying is SE against Fighting. I can understand Psychic totally (it's a mind vs muscle thing), but flying?

Also if they introduce a Light type, needs to have a weakness to Poison... Poison desperately needs power...

that would actually make logical sense. like something holy being poisoned with darkness IDK

and flying is SE to fight because they never expect death from high above.(?)

Azure-Supernova

Years
    that would actually make logical sense. like something holy being poisoned with darkness IDK

and flying is SE to fight because they never expect death from high above.(?)

That's what I was aiming at with the poison, light being tainted by it. But I still don't get how a Machamp gets fuzzled by Pidgeotto... four arms and not one of them thinks to block a peck

DanTheMan12345

Pokemon Champion
    Years
    • Seen Jul 9, 2010
    I doubt that Game Freak would add a new type this far into the series. There wouldn't be many pokémon of that type unless they went back and changed the types of older pokémon (like with Magnemite & Magneton in G/S/C). Plus, a new type is a pretty major addition. Don't you think that we'd have heard about it by now if they were going to add it?

Still, I wouldn't rule out the possibility altogether.
    Well, Game Freak added the Dark type a little while into the series. I think a Light type would be a good addition.

About Steel types- Steel types have many strengths, but Steel moves are not very strong.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Age 38
    • Seen Dec 1, 2014
    That's what I was aiming at with the poison, light being tainted by it. But I still don't get how a Machamp gets fuzzled by Pidgeotto... four arms and not one of them thinks to block a peck

I think the idea of Flying > Fight is the idea of the high ground advantage. Fighting low cannot catch that above you.

It's sort of like why in RTS games where you want to be on higher terrain than your enemies: its an advantage in a fight.

EJ

everything is purple
    Years
    • FL
    • Seen Mar 19, 2022
    I fail to see where the rudeness came from... But if you want rude, I'll supply it.

The types you suggested are ridiculous ideas and are unwarranted.

@Dan: the dark and steel types were necessary to balance the uber psychic type in gen 1. That's the only reason they were added in gen II.

Ravecat

I'm Right.
    Years
    Haha, and you guys thought -I- was arrogant.

First off, people thinking your ideas are dumb is not being rude.

Second, none of the types are necessary, most of them are redundant, and all in all they aren't even interesting.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
    Just because we haven't heard any thing. Doesn't mean anything. I still think we will get Light pokemon. Just by the way then games are.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
    I am beginning to think we will have no new types now...we would have heard of them by now. I really wanted new types just to mix things up :(. Sound type would have been a good addition :), Strong against water!
    Wind is also a good type even if it sounds like flying...it would be strong against electricity...there is a scientific reason behind this, I'm only too lazy to explain :P, it should be strong against fire (reason is like blowing a candle), or weak against fire ( fire gets stronger with wind like in wildfires and devours it)...

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back