• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen New Types?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Weavile05

Currently Hacking BW
    Years
    I just thought of something. If they come out with new types, that will also mean new plates and other items that boost the power of a certain type, and then berries that weaken the power of a certain type.Then, there should be a few light type tms. a new type will also mean more new items. plus movesets of certain pokemon will need to change, namely arceus, and then they may or may not have to come up with a new egg group. It would be alot more complicated than we think to create a new type.

Years
    ^ Yes, and that's why I want a new type. It would add a lot more to the game than simply another line on the type chart. It would add more items and moves, as you said, as well as new, creative pokemon. I don't think we're going to get a new type, but I like posting here anyway, because there are lots of hacks going on in other parts of this forum, and they CAN add new types.

EJ

everything is purple
    Years
    • FL
    • Seen Mar 19, 2022
    @electricscyther: honestly bro anything you say sounds like bs at this point. Before you were guaranteeing a light type, then once Reshiram's type was revealed you stopped and agreed with us that a light type wasn't happening. Now you're arguing that it's the only type that might actually be included....after you suggested horrid types like the "time" and "magnet". You also argued these had good reasons and now you're saying they don't. Actually that last post of yours is confusing as hell...

Long story short: Pick a side or admit you're wrong. You're murdering your credibility man.

SukoSuNa

Nelson Mac Champ
    Years
    I don't think we need any new types.
    If anything Light types should replace normal.
    Normal types aren't really good for anything.

ElectricScyther

The lessons we learn
    Years
    .EJ, I was kinda saying I agree with you on the no new types thing. I was pretty much saying that a Light type is totally unnecessary. And I've been suggesting "time" and "magnet" just for the fun of it.

So yeah, this thread SHOULD be called : No New Types.

Years
    I don't think we need any new types.
    If anything Light types should replace normal.
    Normal types aren't really good for anything.

Actually, I've got a Lvl.8 Eevee with Adaptability and a Silk Scarf that is taking down lvl.9 trainer pokemon in one hit. With tackle. It's making me take back any prejudice I once had about normal types.

And ElectricScyther, I kind of agree with .EJ. It almost sounds like your account is shared by two brothers at this point. It's pretty confusing. Though I'm glad you finally see the truth about magnet type.

Planetes.

@n_diiv
    Years
    • Age 27
    • Seen Jun 6, 2017
    Now moving on...

THE LIGHT TYPE

Keep in mind the following is entirely hypothetical.

I see several fans of the wonderous world of Pokemon intrigued about the concept of Light Type Pokemon. Most think that when I said what I did I implyed that I think that there MUST be a Light Type. I don't think that whatsoever. About 10 posters said the same thing: "I don't think a light type is neccesary". I agree. It ISN'T neccesarry, but it would be nice. I think it would be a great way to get rid of the rediculous power Dragon Types have (Ice being their only weakness is rather irritating) and to give Poison and Bug Types the power they deserve. It would obviously be effective on Dark Types.

Alot of you seem to not like the Steel type and hope that Light will destory it. Honestly, I don't see anything wrong with Steel whatsoever. The type does have it's weaknesses and due to the minimal amount of Steel types I think it's ok. As Fighting Types have high Attack, and Electric Types have high Speed; Steel type has high Special Defense which is fine. Most Types work like that.

Now most of you seem concerned that the Light Type would be complicated/overpowering. This is not neccesarily true. The aforemention Poison and Bug Types as well as the Grass and Rock types would be Super-Effective, while Dark, Ghost and Water would be crippled. A very small amount of Pokemon would need to be changed (Lanturn and Ampharos specifically).

Here is what I think is the most important part of this debate: Will they even do it? I think absolutely yes. Considering the vast amount of themes involving Yin and Yang, and Light and Dark (For God's sake the games are called Black and White) that they will do it. I don't see a reason why not. It would be the perfect moment for GameFreak to add it. Fans have been wanting a new Type and have been speculating a "Light Type" since Generation II and my guess is that Satoshi Tajiri-Sensei will pull through and give the fans what they want.

If you have anymore questions about my theories and ideas about how the Light-Type would be implemented into the carefully thought out Type-Mathematics, please ask and I will get to you as soon as possible. I am looking forward to the new games and your opinions on what I have said. I wish you all good luck.

With all regards,

-ChrisTom

New Types?
    [/QUOTE]

You are thinking like a fan, not like Nintendo, who is very creative and sometimes tends to think outside of the box. Now if they were to add a new type it would not be light, but something far more original.

Say...THE SOUND TYPE!

Maybe they would have to change the Whismur line, but they have only one type and the Magnemites got changed. Thats not a complete reform is it? A couple moves could fall under the category of sound, but they would contrast from the other moves, unlike light moves.

Here's a chart for the Sound Type.

Offense
    X2 against PSY (wrecks their concentration), FGT (again, can't focus) GHO (Keeps the Ghosts awake,lol), Normal (Can hurt hearing, no protection)
    Weak against ROCK (dense, hard to hear), Steel (same, protected).

Defense
    Electric is the only type that has a X2 advantage on sound (jams signal, light is faster than sound).
    Resistant against (.5)-PSY and GHOST

Calder

Gamertag: LycaNinja
    Years
    • Seen Apr 28, 2011
    Now moving on...

THE LIGHT TYPE

Keep in mind the following is entirely hypothetical.

I see several fans of the wonderous world of Pokemon intrigued about the concept of Light Type Pokemon. Most think that when I said what I did I implyed that I think that there MUST be a Light Type. I don't think that whatsoever. About 10 posters said the same thing: "I don't think a light type is neccesary". I agree. It ISN'T neccesarry, but it would be nice. I think it would be a great way to get rid of the rediculous power Dragon Types have (Ice being their only weakness is rather irritating) and to give Poison and Bug Types the power they deserve. It would obviously be effective on Dark Types.

Alot of you seem to not like the Steel type and hope that Light will destory it. Honestly, I don't see anything wrong with Steel whatsoever. The type does have it's weaknesses and due to the minimal amount of Steel types I think it's ok. As Fighting Types have high Attack, and Electric Types have high Speed; Steel type has high Special Defense which is fine. Most Types work like that.

Now most of you seem concerned that the Light Type would be complicated/overpowering. This is not neccesarily true. The aforemention Poison and Bug Types as well as the Grass and Rock types would be Super-Effective, while Dark, Ghost and Water would be crippled. A very small amount of Pokemon would need to be changed (Lanturn and Ampharos specifically).

Here is what I think is the most important part of this debate: Will they even do it? I think absolutely yes. Considering the vast amount of themes involving Yin and Yang, and Light and Dark (For God's sake the games are called Black and White) that they will do it. I don't see a reason why not. It would be the perfect moment for GameFreak to add it. Fans have been wanting a new Type and have been speculating a "Light Type" since Generation II and my guess is that Satoshi Tajiri-Sensei will pull through and give the fans what they want.

If you have anymore questions about my theories and ideas about how the Light-Type would be implemented into the carefully thought out Type-Mathematics, please ask and I will get to you as soon as possible. I am looking forward to the new games and your opinions on what I have said. I wish you all good luck.

With all regards,

-ChrisTom

New Types?

You are thinking like a fan, not like Nintendo, who is very creative and sometimes tends to think outside of the box. Now if they were to add a new type it would not be light, but something far more original.

Say...THE SOUND TYPE!

Maybe they would have to change the Whismur line, but they have only one type and the Magnemites got changed. Thats not a complete reform is it? A couple moves could fall under the category of sound, but they would contrast from the other moves, unlike light moves.

Offense
    X2 against PSY (wrecks their concentration), FGT (again, can't focus) GHO (Keeps the Ghosts awake,lol), Normal (Can hurt hearing, no protection)

Defense
    Electric is the only type that has a X2 advantage on sound (jams signal, light is faster than sound).

We already talked about the Sound type...Your epic explosion saying SOUND TYPE was a fail because of this...sorry

Jerme

stupid
    Years
    • Seen Dec 14, 2010

Say...THE SOUND TYPE!

Offense

Defense

We already talked about the Sound type...Your epic explosion saying SOUND TYPE was a fail because of this...sorry[/QUOTE]

seeing how you put it in huge text you probably think youre the 1st but no, loads of other people brought it up in this thread. and NO to this idea, just giving steel another resistance. it already has like 11. unless they make water super effective to it (rust?). but there may be other balance problems with that, just one problem after another.

not as bad as crystal/diamond type though :laugh:

edit: what the hells going on with these quote problems?

Weavile05

Currently Hacking BW
    Years
    idk, maybe since all you claim that light would put the game in imbalance, how about light AND sound. Sound could help balance out light.

Years
    Finally! Someone makes a description of Sound Type!! I like some of your descriptions, but I have a couple of thoughts: Why not make Sound weak to water, since water effectively muffles it? Water is also a bit weaker than fire in terms of type-effectiveness. Also, with Steel... solids all have some level of sympathy vibration; sound at the right frequency can make steel structures vibrate from across the room. I've played in enough drum ensembles to know that. I'd say that Sound is strong against Steel.

Ravecat

I'm Right.
    Years
    As much as it can shake buildings, it is very unlikely it will effectively damage them, so I think Steel and Rock should stay resistant.

But I agree on the Water, that should be super-effective.

dithyrambos

PHANTOM girl
    Years
    • Seen Apr 8, 2012
    As much as it can shake buildings, it is very unlikely it will effectively damage them, so I think Steel and Rock should stay resistant.

But I agree on the Water, that should be super-effective.

True. I've seen an episode of Mythbusters where they tried to break glass windows via sound waves. They (just barely) succeeded in breaking the windows and also managed to cause a few things in the house to fall from it's place, but the structure of the home remained mostly unaffected.

But I see what you're saying, BleuVII, as well. Perhaps the Sound-type would do normal damage (instead of being resisted, like most other types are) against the Steel-type.

Calder

Gamertag: LycaNinja
    Years
    • Seen Apr 28, 2011
    Yeah and Mr. Mime will destroy Sound-types...(Soundproof)

ElectricScyther

The lessons we learn
    Years
    The Sound type might have 3 pokemon and a few moves, but I just dont see a need for it because you gave it a bad type matchup chart and it just sounds so unoriginal. The sound type is in so many fan-made games and ROM hacks, it's lost its appeal with me. Also, I dont see a whole lot of possibilities for Sound types in Generation 5, so it's unlikely. Besides I'm thinking they would need to change Zubat which could be a problem. No sound types for me.

Planetes.

@n_diiv
    Years
    • Age 27
    • Seen Jun 6, 2017
    haha whoops lol, i didnt know.
    Anyway, how do you think a PSY or FGT Pokemon will react during an attack or training with 10000 screaming decibels through their heads?
    Electricity jams sound signals, like on the radio, and rock types wouldn't really hear it.
    Well, at least its a hell of a lot more unique than Light

BleuIII i didn't know about that but thanks for the suggestions, and electric scyther, they wouldn't necisarlily have to change zubat, maybe its moves like screech and supersonic from normal to sound. And its unique because its the only type that is Supereffective against BOTH Psychic and Fighting with only 1 or 2 Pokemon super effective against it. (AND GHOST ISN'T X2 against fighting)
    Anyway, it could become one of our new favorite types and breach its way into the circle of Steel, Dragon, Ice, Ghost, and Dark.

Last edited:

farage5

The Dead ROM Hacker
    Years
    I thought this thread was about the "Light Type." Let's get back on topic. I am almost 100% sure there is not going to be a light type. First of all, if there was, wouldn't Nintendo have announced it already along with the new Pokemon? And second, if there was going to be a "Light Type," wouldn't Reshiram have it? Bulbapedia already found out it was going to be a Dragon/Fire Type Pokemon Fire is one of the Types that ppl say manifests light. Look at what Reshiram looks like:

New Types?

If the "Light Type" was to be added, its Type would be Dragon/Light or maybe even Ghost/Light, if I had to choose a Type for it.
    New Types?

EJ

everything is purple
    Years
    • FL
    • Seen Mar 19, 2022
    The title of this thread is "New TYPES", not "Light Type" so technically we're on topic. Sound type is one of the few suggested ones that I like. It's definitely not going to happen but it seems nice. The whismur family, chatot, etc.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back