• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen New Types?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Calder

Gamertag: LycaNinja
Years
    • Seen Apr 28, 2011
    I read both of your posts in their entirety. You obviously didn't mine.
    Do not call me an idiot unless you can prove yourself otherwise.

You said if they had to be categorized between the two, Zekrom would be Light and Reshiram would be Dark.

You were wrong.

I did read the couple of words you put as a post as well... You are just not understanding and plugging your ears to any discussion and yelling "I'm right lalalalalalala"... In other words your an idiot...

Ravecat

I'm Right.
    Years
  • No, I made a rebuttal to your argument and you are mad.

Calm down, read what I wrote, and respond in a decent, legible manner.

Because at the moment nothing you say makes any sense.

Years
    • Seen May 17, 2016
    I'm gonna say this one more time...in caps...

RESHIRAM WOULD BE THE DARK TYPE AND ZEKROM WOULD BE THE LIGHT TYPE...

Okay so stop commenting on Reshiram not being Light as if they made the Legends into Light/Dark it would be:

Reshiram: Dark/Dragon
    Zekrom: Light/Dragon

I think you missed my point. It doesn't matter which way round they would be; people were arguing that as Reshiram wasn't Light-type, then that meant that Light-type wasn't going to be introduced. But that argument doesn't make sense, because the only reason that Reshiram should have been a Light-type would have been if Zekrom - his counterpart and opposite - was a Dark-type (or vice versa). Which he is not.

Therefore Reshiram and Zekrom's typings do not mean that there will definitely be no Light-type.

Calder

Gamertag: LycaNinja
    Years
    • Seen Apr 28, 2011
    No, I made a rebuttal to your argument and you are mad.

Calm down, read what I wrote, and respond in a decent, legible manner.

Because at the moment nothing you say makes any sense.

Actually I couldn't care less about you or anything you said I'm in no way, shape, or form mad at all. Your rebuttal is "You are wrong because" and the Because is that you are thinking of a different culture than I am... As many cultures use different meanings to Yin and Yang and Reshiram and Zekrom cannot possibly represent them all... All I am saying is that that saying they should be Dark/Light types is stupid as they need to be balanced to be Yin and Yang.

I think you missed my point. It doesn't matter which way round they would be; people were arguing that as Reshiram wasn't Light-type, then that meant that Light-type wasn't going to be introduced. But that argument doesn't make sense, because the only reason that Reshiram should have been a Light-type would have been if Zekrom - his counterpart and opposite - was a Dark-type (or vice versa). Which he is not.

Therefore Reshiram and Zekrom's typings do not mean that there will definitely be no Light-type.

I'm saying saying they have SO many posts just saying the same stupid thing being "Reshiram should be Light and Zekrom should be Dark OMGBBQ that be coolz" so yeah it got quite annoying...

Pokémon Ranger ✩ Moriarty

I lit a wee fire...on a boat!
    Years
  • I really like the idea of new types. inb4 ZOMG YOU CAN'T / GAME IS UNBALANCED HURRRR etc. One of the most exciting aspects of GSC for me was holy crud look at these Pokémon types I've never seen before! Yowza! It really made me feel there had been a revolution between RBY and GSC. So adding another new type to B/W would, I imagine, inspire the same feeling =]

As for making the game unbalanced or 'not true to the canon' or whatever - Isshu is a whole. new. region. At the moment there are no announcements stating that old regions can be visited. So why not? A whole region that has a type all to itself? Brilliant. That would make it different from the others. *shrug*

EJ

everything is purple
    Years
    • FL
    • Seen Mar 19, 2022
    ^I get your point of view but the addition of new types in G/S were actually to balance the psychic type. That's actually been explicitly stated often in this thread. This is one of the main reasons some of us argue that new types won't be introduced; so it's not something that can be discarded since balance played a huge role.

Damn calder, you need to chill out. We all may disagree on subjects, etc. but we certainly haven't insulted one another.

Pokémon Ranger ✩ Moriarty

I lit a wee fire...on a boat!
    Years
  • ^I get your point of view but the addition of new types in G/S were actually to balance the psychic type. That's actually been explicitly stated often in this thread. This is one of the main reasons some of us argue that new types won't be introduced; so it's not something that can be discarded since balance played a huge role.

Damn calder, you need to chill out. We all may disagree on subjects, etc. but we certainly haven't insulted one another.

Yeah, I wasn't trying to look at it from a practical perspective, just a fan perspective. A new type would be something to look forward to as much as new Pokémon being revealed; that said, I'm highly doubtful that any will be introduced.

EJ

everything is purple
    Years
    • FL
    • Seen Mar 19, 2022
    Well in a fan perspective, I actually like the idea too. I mean, why not? It sure would be awesome to see something fresh along with a new region but...

...realistically speaking ...I just don't see it happening xD

dithyrambos

PHANTOM girl
    Years
    • Seen Apr 8, 2012
    I think I understand what Calder is getting at now. I was initially really kind of confused (and still am confused) which is why I never touched upon this topic 'til now. But I'm going to take a stab at it. SO, @Calder, are you saying Reshiram would be a Dark-type and Zekrom a Light-type because of the black dot within yang and vice versa, and that being typed the opposite of what they represent makes them complete... ? Idk, man. It doesn't sound quite right to me. I mean, it's perfectly fine for them to represent one half of something and to be "incomplete." After all, women represent only yang and as far as I know, women get along perfectly fine representing only one half of the yin-yang symbol.

If I completely missed what you were talking about, then you can disregard what I've said above. But I still don't get why yang = dark and yin = light. :B

And I completely agree with you Moriarty. :( I really want to see a new type, too, because it would bring something new to the games and make me feel.... so excited, even more than I am now. I doubt it's going to happen as well.

Cyberglass

the stuff Porygon are made of
    Years
    • Seen Jun 1, 2022
    Spoiler:

Also, the light and dark that yang and yin represent are actual physical brightness and darkness, not good and evil, so it wouldn't make sense for either legend to be Light type anyway (or a Dark type, for that matter), even if Light type was introduced.

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    I don't know why, but I've always wanted sound to be a type. I personally think they covered all the types there could be, though. I'd be really surprised to see any new types introduced in this generation. New type combinations are a strong possibility, though.

fireyboy345

Skilled Pokemon Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Oct 10, 2014
    That new green pokemon looks like a giant germ and could be a new type.....hello virus type :)

Lunyka

Pokemon Breeder
    Years
  • No because they basically have their own light type already. It is called Normal.

A light type pokemon would just be a normal/fire type pokemon.

Kieran

the Blueberry Champion
    Years
  • Just so you know, females are Yin, and males are Yang in the chinese Taoism.
    I'm a Taoist myself, though this is not the point.

People arguing about the Yin-Yang elements when they know nuts are just what pissing me off, &&. I don't see why they NEED to make a Light type, it's so annoying and unneeded.

Go ahead, flame me, but this is my own opinion.

Ram is great being Fire/Dragon and Rom is great being Electric/Dragon.
    All is well, I like what have happened up till now.

PrinceBlackheart

Taking Revenge on Dusknior
    Years
    • Seen Jul 8, 2010
    I dont think that nintendo would put a new type this far into the pokemon series.If they would they would have done it a long time a go.

Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen yesterday
    That new green pokemon looks like a giant germ and could be a new type.....hello virus type :)
    That would just make those who don't want Pokemon to resemble Digimon even more vehement. Digimon has a Virus typing.

Besides, I personally see Poison as the Pokemon's version of viruses. They can cause illnesses.

And besides that, not every new Pokemon needs their own type. The green floaty thing could be a Poison type, or whatever one/two of the preexisting types. Like Grass, because it's green, amirite? (That's a joke, people. I'm not being serious.)

Penumbra

Do you enjoy reading this?
    Years
  • I was too lazy to read all your hypothetical stuff, so I'm just going to make my comment.

So it's been stated, Dark/Steel were added for balance. But nonetheless, we still have broken pokemon in the game, which is why Garchomp, Latias (both with a confirmed verdict of uber) and now Salamence were teetering between OU and Uber play. Perhaps light types could somehow... magically fix everything? Of course there will still be flaws, but I'm hoping for a new type - if not a new type, a move, to a lesser extent - which will return pokemon to the oirigins, such as Garchomp back into OU.

Of course, competitive play isn't the main thing to focus on when it comes to typing, but I'm saying that if there is a new type added, it would mostly be for beneficial purposes such as an even sturdier game play and less infrequent pokemon.

Jerme

stupid
    Years
    • Seen Dec 14, 2010
    I was too lazy to read all your hypothetical stuff, so I'm just going to make my comment.

So it's been stated, Dark/Steel were added for balance. But nonetheless, we still have broken pokemon in the game, which is why Garchomp, Latias (both with a confirmed verdict of uber) and now Salamence were teetering between OU and Uber play. Perhaps light types could somehow... magically fix everything? Of course there will still be flaws, but I'm hoping for a new type - if not a new type, a move, to a lesser extent - which will return pokemon to the oirigins, such as Garchomp back into OU.

Of course, competitive play isn't the main thing to focus on when it comes to typing, but I'm saying that if there is a new type added, it would mostly be for beneficial purposes such as an even sturdier game play and less infrequent pokemon.

NO LIGHT TYPE. or any new type.

all they need to do is make adjustments. for example, bugs should not be weak against rock type anymore.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back