• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen New Types?

Status
Not open for further replies.

EJ

everything is purple
Years
    • FL
    • Seen Mar 19, 2022
    Damn, I thought this thread was long forgotten.

Most Dragons are 4x weak to ice. I mean...how exactly can you be overpowered yet still have such a gaping weakness?

Also, light type isn't gonna happen. lol

austy14

Cannibal
    Years
  • No new ones this game, too late to just come out and say "New types everyone!" But I hope there will be a couple more in new gens, make an even 20 types. 20 just sounds better than 17...but 15 was a clean number.

Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2014
    I support Light types.

Yes it is, and no it does not.

I am a huge fan of all pokemon, especially my nolstalgia for the oriinal 151. However, i see no real reason to just completely write off a light type. What's so dumb about the idea of a light type in a game that has a Dark type, but no logical counter to it? You may say that there are already many counters to Dark, but They're just not really a great substitute for actual Light

If the big deal with it is that it will mess up the balance, make a new one. I mean, hell, if two nerds on a Saturday night with nothing better to do can make one, I'm sure the fellows at Gamefreak can make something revolutionary!

Planetes.

@n_diiv
    Years
    • Age 27
    • Seen Jun 6, 2017
    guys you know that new Pokemon...Swana?
    New Types?

Well its supossed to be a "Trumpeter Swan" do you think this provides any evidence for a sound type?

Years
    • Seen Aug 14, 2010
    I consider the Light type would be... Electric or Normal xD
    Please, no new types...
    The whole scenario of modifying values and move sets and all that crap, its like OMG Hyper Beam is so awesome! *teaches to Gyarados* yeah baby... I'm going to KO you, sum hypah beamz and your faintz.
    Gyarados uses Hyper Beam!
    Psyduck is still alive and kicking!!!

They just need to put the current type combinations to good use.
    The Dragon/Fire and Dragon/Electric ones are pretty good.

orange discontent

pogeymans?
    Years
  • Light type would probably be fire or electric since it's just energy, isn't it?

Names like "Black" and "White" would have surely tipped the scales in favor of a Light type, right?

Remind me, what are Zekrom's and Reshiram's types again?

:P

I hate it when people think of a Light type as some sort of divine anti-thesis to Dark. That's called Psychic, and we don't need those types of themes in Pokemon. It's already bad that people think Arceus is the "zomg GOD POGEYMAN!!!!11!!1 GF CAN'T TOP THAT."

austy14

Cannibal
    Years
  • Ooh, there's an idea! They since they make some Pokemon 2 types, just have certain combonations of types be referred to as something else. Like a light type gym leader could really just use fire and electric pokemon. A sound type gym leader could just use Pokemon thought of as "sound" pokemon. That would be fun! Then there could be be new "types" but no real type changes.

Dark Pulse94

Scienta Potentia Est
    Years
  • ok, lets get this straight - Zekron is going to be Dragon/Electric type (black one) and Reshiram (the white one) is Dragon/Fire - NO!!! there iwll be NO light type - new types will not appear in Black/White - this is purely taken from Srebii.net - if you don't believe me, check there

Years
  • I would find if they added a Light Type to one of the new pokemon games (I.E Black, and White). It would be a perfect time to make awhole new type of pokemon, giving alot more NEW pokemon plus, alot of types like Chris, said himself. Dragon types are very overpowerd enless mixed with some other type, there ONLY weakness is Ice. If you put a Light type into the deal, it would be easy to balance it out frankly.

Anyway, this is not a place for me to rant my Ideas.

I believe they will add a new Type of pokemon, and hope they do.

Edit:

Come on, if I made a new type in A game, that has probably over a Million fans, I would love to hide something this big, and release the game on a bang. Why would you want to release all of the big stuff, when you could suprise the public with it? ;3

- Ryan

When G/S first came out the new dark and steel types were leaked in Corocoro and other media sites before the games actually came out, so i doubt there will be new types as we're too close to the release date, and the next corocoro comes out after the games are released. ( i think)

Game freak is still withholding a bunch of info on B&W trust me, but all those websites and blogs have really leaked a massive amount of info. had some website found evidence of new types, they would have leaked info about it.

Abyssumi

Future Legends Z-A Mod
    Years
    • He/Him
    • Seen Mar 22, 2024
    ^well a powerful psychic attack from an Alakazam or Gardevoir can KO a Pokemon regardless, so I still think psychic is powerful
    ------------------------------
    and you know that new swan, well its a TRUMPETER SWAN, (sound type anyone?)

yes but having powerful pokemon does not mean a powerful type.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    When G/S first came out the new dark and steel types were leaked in Corocoro and other media sites before the games actually came out, so i doubt there will be new types as we're too close to the release date, and the next corocoro comes out after the games are released. ( i think)

Game freak is still withholding a bunch of info on B&W trust me, but all those websites and blogs have really leaked a massive amount of info. had some website found evidence of new types, they would have leaked info about it.

This is what I'm thinking - however, CoroCoro IS coming out about three days before the games are released, so, there is a slight chance new types could be revealed.

Years

• This is what I'm thinking - however, CoroCoro IS coming out about three days before the games are released, so, there is a slight chance new types could be revealed.

Hmmm if they hypothetically did release New type info right before the games come out, then it sure would whip up a frenzy that's for sure. (so everybody goes and buys B&W XD)

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Yeah, the chance is really slim, but still, there may be a new type, you just never know with Game Freak.

Planetes.

@n_diiv
    Years
    • Age 27
    • Seen Jun 6, 2017
    Well here's the catches for both types.

Sound-They probably already pondered and scrapped the idea during RS with the loudred family, although the Loudred families types could always be modified to Normal/Sound like they did with the Magnetons.

Light-Light is a little bit less creative then sound since it is sort of in the middle of Electric and Psychic, but it could still be made as a counter to Dark.

Also I agree with what forever said, that CoroCoro isn't spoiling everything for us, and as someone said earlier, "Can someone name the mascot for the Steel or Dark types ". There is isn't one, the new types just snuck up on us.. I watched the commercial and the only steel type on there is Scizor although its hard to see because its running by with the other Pokemon.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    ^ Just a note, the light type isn't confirmed. At the moment it's purely speculation.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back