• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen New Typing Combos for Gen 5

Jerme

stupid
    Years
    • Seen Dec 14, 2010
    Ice steel would be nice but it would be th WORST typing in the game..

4x weak to Fire
    4x weak to fighting
    2x weak to ground

3 very common Types.

I'd like to see.

Ice rock-Possible a worse type than the above..
    4x to Fighting
    4x to steel
    2x to ground
    2x to water
    2x to grass?
    without the various immunities and resistances that steel has also.

Electric Ground

Steel Ghost

Bug Rock

Bug Ground

Bug Dark

oh haha but the worst typing is actually bug/grass that makes parasect and wormadam unusable online
    4x fire
    4x flying
    2x poison
    2x ice
    2x rock

Jaiyke

Dog Wizard
    Years
    You mean like how Empoleon was a combination penguin + torpedo? XD

I'd like to see poison/fire, poison/steel, bug/dark, and electric/rock. :P

holy hell how'd i forget about that stupid penguin? @.@
    it's a Torpedo? i didn't know that o-o i knew Sharpedo was...

how about a Normal/Ghost xDD that'd be interesting to see ;D
    and an Electric/Ice o-o
    maybe a Dark/Steel =DD

it would suck if they started to do Tri-Types all of a sudden
    Steel/Ice/Dragon xDDDDD

Bay

Years
    holy hell how'd i forget about that stupid penguin? @.@
    it's a Torpedo? i didn't know that o-o i knew Sharpedo was...

how about a Normal/Ghost xDD that'd be interesting to see ;D
    and an Electric/Ice o-o
    maybe a Dark/Steel =DD

it would suck if they started to do Tri-Types all of a sudden
    Steel/Ice/Dragon xDDDDD
    Oh man, you forgot Empoleon? That penguin is quite well known and been used in competitive battles a lot. :P

I don't think there's going to be a Normal/Ghost. Both Normal and Ghost Pokemon won't be able to hit it. Then again, you have Dark/Ghost. D:

As for triple-types, don't think that's going to happen either. It'll be hard to keep track of the weakness and resistance for those Pokemon that have that. Also, it hasn't been confirmed (yet) that there will be triple types. In short, yes it will suck if triple types were to happen. :P

Years
    • Seen Feb 27, 2012
    I love dragon, so I want

Dragon/Grass
    Dragon/Ice
    Dragon/Rock
    Dragon/Steel
    Dragon/Water
    Dragon/Ghost

Jaiyke

Dog Wizard
    Years
    Oh man, you forgot Empoleon? That penguin is quite well known and been used in competitive battles a lot. :P

I don't think there's going to be a Normal/Ghost. Both Normal and Ghost Pokemon won't be able to hit it. Then again, you have Dark/Ghost. D:

As for triple-types, don't think that's going to happen either. It'll be hard to keep track of the weakness and resistance for those Pokemon that have that. Also, it hasn't been confirmed (yet) that there will be triple types. In short, yes it will suck if triple types were to happen. :P

yeah i just never use Empoleon =P

that's why i thought it would be Interesting to See a Normal Ghost XDD

the triple types was a joke >.< i would NOT want them to make that >.>

and yeah theres been a Flying type of with every type combo except
    Fighting/Flying =P so i wanna see that too =DDD

Bay

Years
    I love dragon, so I want

Dragon/Grass
    Dragon/Ice
    Dragon/Rock
    Dragon/Steel
    Dragon/Water
    Dragon/Ghost
    There's already Dragon/Steel (Dialga), Dragon/Water (Kingdra and Palkia), and Dragon/Ghost (Giratina).

yeah i just never use Empoleon =P

that's why i thought it would be Interesting to See a Normal Ghost XDD

the triple types was a joke >.< i would NOT want them to make that >.>

and yeah theres been a Flying type of with every type combo except
    Fighting/Flying =P so i wanna see that too =DDD
    Yeah, I knew you were joking. Just like to give my two cents on it. XD However, that won't stop from other people from actually wanting that to happen. D:

Doomsaloto

Learning to be Pr0
    Years
    I'd like to see more Dark and Steel types. Maybe Dark/Electric, like some sort of evil porcupine thingy with electric quills. (Don't steal that, I'm making that in my hack!) and with Steel, perhaps Fire/Steel. I don't think that's been done. That might be cool. And also a Ground/Fire pokemon. Has that been done? It needs to be.

Bay

Years
    I'd like to see more Dark and Steel types. Maybe Dark/Electric, like some sort of evil porcupine thingy with electric quills. (Don't steal that, I'm making that in my hack!) and with Steel, perhaps Fire/Steel. I don't think that's been done. That might be cool. And also a Ground/Fire pokemon. Has that been done? It needs to be.
    Heatran is Fire/Steel while Numel and Camerupt are Ground/Fire. I would like to see that evil porcupine you have there one day, though! :)

vietazn654

A sound soul dwells within me
    Years
    Pure flying-types! Seriously, we need that.
    And there should be a legendary Pokemon that's Fire/Water!
    And Ghost/Ground. :)

Planetes.

@n_diiv
    Years
    • Age 27
    • Seen Jun 6, 2017
    Pure flying-types! Seriously, we need that.
    And there should be a legendary Pokemon that's Fire/Water!
    And Ghost/Ground. :)

they won't change it and never will, its part of the game (normal/flying types)

Lamb2

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Aug 24, 2010
    they won't change it and never will, its part of the game (normal/flying types)

Oh, that's too bad. It gets pretty annoying when a Machoke or something uses Karate Chop on your Staraptor, and it deals normal damage. It should be not very effective...but I guess that's the way things have to be...:(

Spinor

<i><font color="b1373f">The Lonely Physicist</font
    Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2019

Heatran and Camerupt say Hi.

As for types, It'd be pretty hard to get creative. And then when you do get creative your Ideas a swooped down like a mouse to a hawk.

But an Ice/Fire type would be interesting. I'd like to see how that would be pulled off and I think it'd have a fair type dis/advantage coverage.

Doomsaloto

Learning to be Pr0
    Years
    Heatran is Fire/Steel while Numel and Camerupt are Ground/Fire. I would like to see that evil porcupine you have there one day, though! :)

Apparently I don't know as much about Pokemon as I thought... I always thought Numel/Camerupt were Pure fire. And Heatran is just wierd. Then again, I thought Skarmory/Slugma were 3rd Generation Pokemon, too.
    I know for sure Poison and steel has never been done, though. I can't be wrong about that.

Years
    Okay, lots of people are bringing up Dialga, Palkia, Giratina, and Heatran. Can legendaries really be valid in this discussion? You don't get them until really late in the game, and they are banned from competitive play.

Eternal Nightmare

Stunningly Handsome
    Years
    • Seen Aug 21, 2015
    I have quite a few abnormal typing xD

Fire/water
    Fire/grass
    Fire/ghost
    Fire/normal
    Fire/Psychic
    Fire/ice
    Ghost/grass
    Ghost/flying
    Psychic/electric
    Psychic/dragon
    Electric/grass
    Ice/Electric

and.......I will stop here xD

Jerme

stupid
    Years
    • Seen Dec 14, 2010
    ghost/grass thats a jackulantern
    fire/grass thats a chili pepper that blows flames from its fingers

Andrut

Collecting dust since 1898
    Years
    We need Ice/Dragon! >_< I love both of these types. Ground/Grass and Ground/Rock would be cool too.

Back