• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen New Typing Combos for Gen 5

rocky505

<Now who's awesome!
    Years
    I have quite a few abnormal typing xD

Fire/water
    Fire/grass
    Fire/ghost
    Fire/normal
    Fire/Psychic
    Fire/ice
    Ghost/grass
    Ghost/flying Drifloon line
    Psychic/electric
    Psychic/dragon
    Electric/grass
    Ice/Electric

and.......I will stop here xD
    So close but you said one we already had.

A grass/steel type would be hella awesome.

PiPVoda

water, Forever
    Years
    • He / Him
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 2, 2022
    Don't we already have water/fighting? I don't think we do, but if we do then oh well I still want to see more of it. It's a good combo, imo.

Bay

Years
    Okay, lots of people are bringing up Dialga, Palkia, Giratina, and Heatran. Can legendaries really be valid in this discussion? You don't get them until really late in the game, and they are banned from competitive play.
    I would count them in my book. Legendary or not, those Pokemon still have the type combos many people wished for.

I have quite a few abnormal typing xD

Fire/water
    Fire/grass
    Fire/ghost
    Fire/normal
    Fire/Psychic
    Fire/ice
    Ghost/grass
    Ghost/flying
    Psychic/electric
    Psychic/dragon
    Electric/grass
    Ice/Electric

and.......I will stop here xD
    Ghost/Flying we have Drifloon (which someone already mentioned) and Drifblim. Psychic/Dragon we have Latios and Latias.

Bay

Years
    I would like to see a:
    Water/Fighting
    Dragon/Grass
    Dragon/Rock
    :3
    Water/Fighting we have Poliwrath, as mentioned already. A bit off topic, but Chuck's Poliwrath is annoying. XD

I meant grass/rock. xD We also need an Ice/Fighting.(It is quite easy to make)
    rocky505 already mentioned there are grass/rock, but didn't say which Pokemon. :p The Pokemon that are grass/rock are Lileep and Cradily.

dieter57

pokemon master
    Years
    fire/grass.
    but not a chili pepper like some people have said.
    more like a leafy monster with all of hi leaves singed and burned partly and a fire on his right arm, left leg, and part of his back.

Bay

Years
    As far as typing combos are concerned, I'm neutral. Reason being that I've never been a person to really care about type combinations and the such; I'm rather the person to just go with the game and play through with it and have fun. If anything, I'm satisfied with any type combination that doesn't have an insane amount of weaknesses, though Jynx and Exeggutor are exceptions because they're awesome enough on their own. ♥
    I don't care too much about type combos either because I'm not a competitive battler and such. I just want to get through the game. XD However, only reason I want an Ice/Fighting and Electric/Fighting are Thunder Punch and Ice Punch. :x As for Jynx and Exeggutor, I still need to try them one day. XD

BartCiao

It has always been Pokemon :)
    Years
    I give you:
    Normal - Fire
    Normal - Grass
    Normal - Electric
    Normal - Ghost

And the one I want the uppermost is:

Normal - Dragon

Years
    We have Houndoom for Dark/Fire

Latios and Latias for Dragon/Psychic

Also,nobody has mentioned Ice/Bug and Dark/Bug..
    Although Ice/Bug would be x4 weak against Fire and Rock but whatever.

King Gumball

Haven't been here for ages...
    Years
    I really want an Ice/Dragon combo because I love Ice dragons. I definately think there will be many new typings in 5th Gen.

Back