• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

News: New Ultra Beasts revealed for Pokémon Ultra Sun & Ultra Moon!

Years
  • I think that Assembly would be part Rock. It seems pretty obvious considering it's design. Not sure about the other ultra beast.

Rock definitely looks obvious since it's meant to be this giant wall of bricks. The lit-up lines seem to suggest Psychic for a secondary type. Unfortunately, Rock/Psychic is one of the worst defensive typings due to having seven weaknesses, though unlike the other type combinations with seven weaknesses (Grass/Psychic, Grass/Dark, Grass/Ice, Rock/Ice, Rock/Dark) it doesn't have a 4x weakness, so that will be a plus.

Burst's type looks more ambiguous, but I'm guessing it'll at least be Fairy. Maybe Ghost or Psychic for a secondary type. I figured I'd pick Psychic for these two since S/M's version-exclusive UBs shared a type (Bug and Fighting for Buzzwole/Pheromosa, and Steel for Kartana/Celesteela).

Last edited:

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2023
    I am not. I am getting tired of stuff being made up about me. Can we all move on?

If you think we are assuming, then you must be blind of your own posts, but if you want us to stop and 'move on' as you say, then I suppose we could.

Granted, someone will call you out again if you don't change your forum behavior for the better. I repeat that there are a better ways to express your disappointment/disagreement. The forum doesn't revolve around a single person, unless the thread topic is about a single person, or if the forum is about one person, but that'd be a boring topic unless that person isn't boring and I should stop blabbering now.

Last edited:

Alexander18

Banned
    Years
    • NZ
    • Seen Dec 29, 2017
    If you think we are assuming, then you must be blind of your own posts, but if you want us to stop and 'move on' as you say, then I suppose we could.

Granted, someone will call you out again if you don't change your forum behavior for the better. I repeat that there are a better ways to express your disappointment/disagreement. The forum doesn't revolve around a single person, unless the thread topic is about a single person, or if the forum is about one person, but that'd be a boring topic unless that person isn't boring and I should stop blabbering now.
    I am not blind. My posts are fine. You all so keen to target me for no reason. My behavior is fine. Everyone else is not behavioring right. No one said that the thread was about a single person. People are assuming. Just drop it already.

Can we all go back to the actual topic?

I think the assembly would have good defense.

MaSterBarth

Pokemon MaSter
    Years
  • I'm getting a Fire/Fairy or Fire/Psychic vibe from UB Burst. Mainly because the move it used appeared to be fire type and it just looks like it would be either Fairy or Psychic.

Fire/Fairy would give us a fairy different type combo. Like in gen 2 when they did water/dragon. I'd be alright with that.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    As expected, we got small doses of new information. I really wonder if TPCi are beginning to get stricter as far as news control goes.
    I don't know if it's really that they're getting stricter so much as it's like, what exactly can they reveal? There's probably a lot less that they can, given that these are based off of the previous games (so we already know about the majority of the stuff, unlike where S/M were first revealed and we knew practically nothing about them), and they can't reveal everything that is new either, then there'd be no surprises.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    We still have zero idea of what the actual post-game and most of the plot would entail, assuming the latter is noticeably different than SM's plot as well as what the extra islands would consist of, the giant black hole in Alola's map, etc...

there's a lot vague stuff we don't know that I'm assuming will either be told to us by next month or remain hidden.
    Most of that would probably fall under "things they can't reveal" tho

On an unrelated note, I....really don't see how UB-Burst looks like a clown

blue

gucci
    Years
  • With enhanced versions I suppose it's a lot harder to continuously provide new content when it's limited compared to how Sun & Moon was. While it would be nice to have had more information at this point, we don't really know the extent to how much new content can be covered if that makes sense? Since these games take place in an alternative storyline, it seems that because of that reason a lot if not most of the changes in USUM will be plot related and that's something that they may want to keep under wraps.

Years
    • Age 122
    • Seen Jan 27, 2019
    I'm intrigued to see the types of these UBs, if they're anything like the previous UBs then we could get some more unique typing combos!

Actually only Nihilego had a unique type combo, Xurkitree was a pure electric, and the rest stole unique type combos from previous Pokemon. Celesteela stole from Skarmory with steel flying and Buzzwole and Pheromosa robbed Heracross with the bug fighting

EC

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen Jul 1, 2022
    I clearly made the right choice in getting Ultra Sun. UB Burst looks hilariously awesome.

blue

gucci
    Years
  • Actually only Nihilego had a unique type combo, Xurkitree was a pure electric, and the rest stole unique type combos from previous Pokemon. Celesteela stole from Skarmory with steel flying and Buzzwole and Pheromosa robbed Heracross with the bug fighting

That's true. Well I hope we get at least one unique typing for one of these Ultra Beasts, Burst being Fire/Ice would be awesome.

pkmin3033

This entire thread has had me cackling more than a little.

That aside, I actually love these things. I've always been a fan of the wackier Pokemon designs - any idiot can design a creature based on an existing creature, after all - and these are about as wacky as they come. UB Burst is a disco ball balanced on crayons, and UB Assembly is one of the stationary Guardians from Breath of the Wild given a Minecraft makeover. I can totally live with this.

It's heartening to see them introducing these this generation as well, rather than in Gen VIII - I doubt we'll get any more UBs in Gen VIII, making them Gen VII's gimmick much the same way Mega Evolution was Gen VI's gimmick, but it's nice for them to expand upon them the same way they did Megas in ORAS.

I hope there are more than just two new ones, though. Let's see some more weird creativity for a change.

Last edited:

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
    Years
  • Another rule broken by Game Freak. This time, it's the "new Pokemon = new generation" rule. Now we wait for the reveal of new Alola forms in the next month or earlier this week.

The clown has a funny timing with the remake of IT.

Don't forget Lola Pop from ARMS. Even Pearl from Splatoon 2 is being compared to Pennywise.

Years
  • Mid-gen pok?mon introductions brings us one step closer (probably the first step so far actually) towards having more MMO style releases, with one big game that has small expansions every year. That release model would suit Pok?mon better now imo, with too many new pok?mon always leading to crummy designs and annual releases leading to annual complaints about post-game.

Unfortunately in this case the designs are straight up ugly. Celesteela might have new rivals for the ugliest pok?mon design.

At least if new species are being introduced we could have new Alolan forms too?

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • Late to the party, but I really like the new UBs, Burst in particular because of its exploding head. Assembly could be the new Celesteela, assuming that it doesn't end up with a garbage defensive typing.

That being said, I agree that Burst could be Fire/Fairy because of its use of explosions and whimsical design by UB standards.

Most of that would probably fall under "things they can't reveal" tho

On an unrelated note, I....really don't see how UB-Burst looks like a clown

The bright color scheme, ruff on its neck, and use of a circus ball springs to mind.

Last edited:
    Years
  • Late to the party, but I really like the new UBs, Burst in particular because of its exploding head. Assembly could be the new Celesteela, assuming that it doesn't end up with a garbage defensive typing.

I'm likely speculating Rock/Psychic for UB Assembly (since it's a wall of bricks and those glowing lines look like Psychic to me) which is unfortunately one of those garbage type combinations with seven weaknesses, however unlike the other combinations with seven weaknesses, it doesn't have a 4x weakness.

Back