• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: New Users Chit-Chat - come say hi!

Years
    Hello Jo! Exciting to see you back! I have missed you and was worried, and am relieved to hear that you are feeling better. Welcome back, now go enjoy yourself here! So glad to have you here for a visit :)

Alex_Among_Foxes

A lover of Foxes
    Years
    Hello there DadPokemonHunter, and welcome to the PC.

Since it would appear that my fellow Mod gave directions already, I'll just ask a question.

What got you into card collecting?

DadPokemonHunter

DadPokemonHunter
    Days
    • Uk
    • Seen Aug 13, 2023
    I am 34. Collected EVERY card that came out when I was in Junior school. Everyone one. Put in attic. Moved out.

Mum, car boot .....£18 😭😭😭💀💀💀💀

My lad is 5 now so decided to collect again. ✌🏽🙏🏼

Days
    • Seen Feb 22, 2024
    Hello,

I am Dioptase and I am beginning an emerald based fan game project.

I love all things Pokemon and I looking forward to meeting y'all!

Days
    • Seen Oct 1, 2023
    Hi :) I haven't explored this website before, just found out about it while watching some Pokemon Youtube videos :) I do remember using Serebii.net extensively as a kid when I first played Pokemon in the early 2000's though! My favorite Pokemon is Nidoking, I have collected almost every single Nidoking card I have seen, even the sticker cards. All I am missing still is the Crystal Nidoking and a Japanese Giovanni's Nidoking! I've had Pokemon cards through most of my life and started collecting them again in 2016 then took a break for a few years and am starting to collect again, mainly because I got into Magic the Gathering around 2015/2016 as well. I believe the most expensive Pokemon card I currently have is a Japanese Registeel Star worth around $200. My favorite type is Dragon, as I have adored and been fascinated by dragons for a long time now. I also enjoy using Dark, Steel, Electric and Ice types and I almost always end up picking the Fire type starter in Pokemon games because I always think they look the cutest and most fascinating. Nice to meet everyone :)

Days
    • Seen Feb 22, 2024
    Hello Dioptase, and welcome to the forums!
    If you are on a fan game project, you might be interested by the Fan Games sections. What features do you plan to put in your fan game ?
    Looking forward to hear more from you!

Hi FactCheckingGardevoir,

Thanks for the response and the link!

I have a lot of ambitions for this project but I am not sure what is feasible long term. Features I want to include in no particular order:
    Custom region based on south america.
    Tie in the Cinnabar Mansion notes about mew (faraway island and mew are important for the story.)
    Gen 7 national dex and movesets.
    Physical/Special Split.
    Retain the battle frontier from Emerald.
    Demake some of Alola for postgame.
    Pokeride like feature.
    IV/EV judge from PC.
    Bottlecaps, mints, nature items and other modern items.
    Mega Evolution and or Z moves depending on balance.
    Grand Underground.
    Secret Bases.
    Berries.

I

Alex_Among_Foxes

A lover of Foxes
    Years
    Hello,

I am Dioptase and I am beginning an emerald based fan game project.

I love all things Pokemon and I looking forward to meeting y'all!

Hello there Dioptase, and welcome to the PC!

Since my fellow Mod took care of linking to the relevent section, all I can really say is good luck!

Do you have any favorite Pokemon?

Hi :) I haven't explored this website before, just found out about it while watching some Pokemon Youtube videos :) I do remember using Serebii.net extensively as a kid when I first played Pokemon in the early 2000's though! My favorite Pokemon is Nidoking, I have collected almost every single Nidoking card I have seen, even the sticker cards. All I am missing still is the Crystal Nidoking and a Japanese Giovanni's Nidoking! I've had Pokemon cards through most of my life and started collecting them again in 2016 then took a break for a few years and am starting to collect again, mainly because I got into Magic the Gathering around 2015/2016 as well. I believe the most expensive Pokemon card I currently have is a Japanese Registeel Star worth around $200. My favorite type is Dragon, as I have adored and been fascinated by dragons for a long time now. I also enjoy using Dark, Steel, Electric and Ice types and I almost always end up picking the Fire type starter in Pokemon games because I always think they look the cutest and most fascinating. Nice to meet everyone :)

And hello there to you as well Azelia! Welcome to the PC!

Sounds like quite the impressive card collection you've got going! The PC has a section dedicated to the TCG which you can check out here if you'd like!
    You've got great taste in Pokemon Types as well!

Do you have a favorite Pokemon game?

Days
    • Seen Oct 1, 2023
    Thank you :) Favorite Pokemon game... whew that's tough because I've played almost all of the mainline Pokemon games :P I started with Pokemon Yellow so it holds a special place in my heart ♥ I can't say I have a favorite but I think Pokemon Black/White had one of the best stories overall.

Alex_Among_Foxes

A lover of Foxes
    Years
    Indeed! Black and White were some of the very best story wise! (at least to me)
    Yellow was also technically my first Pokemon game as well, but I was so young (like 3 or 4) when I got it as a hand-me-down from a relative, that I coundn't understand what was going on at all, and eventually traded it for some other game I never really played lol. (I thought status lowering moves were permanent outside of battle lol XD) I did manage to find it again in a shop later in life, but still, funny memories.

Really nice avatar by the way!

Years

Hello Azelia, and welcome to the forums!
    Nidoking looks cool indeed! Good luck on getting the two remaining Nidoking cards.
    I love dragons too, in Pokémon and beyond! What are your favourite Dragon type pokémon ?

Back