• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: New Users' Hangout!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Left for a few months, now I'm back. Mostly gonna hang in the Underground.

Nice to see you back... and Underground gained some new mods while you were gone, so while it may take a while to get used to a new leadership I'm sure you'll still enjoy the games.

Years
    • Seen Jan 5, 2017
    Hey guys just saying hello, I just found out about hacked roms and im really liking them, only problem is some won't download to my phone. Anyone have a good hack that I can download to my phone? Thanks!

LegendChu

❤ CAREFREE, BUT CARING ❤
    Years
  • My formal Introduction!!!

I've been (active) on this forum for exactly an year now (my first post was on March 26th, 2015 :)), but I think I never formally introduced myself. Since I've just started adding to my Friends List here, I thought I might as well share a few things about myself, so here goes.

About me - I'm 6' 2", with a 45 inch chest, 20 inch biceps & looks of a Supermodel. I live in a big five storied mansion, own about 25 cars of the latest models & wear only designer stuff specially imported from abroad. Whenever I'm out on the streets, girls go all crazy around me. I've always been the best of the best in any discipline be it sports, studies or just about everything I've touched.

Okay, all that is complete hogwash lol{XD}{XD}{XD}{XD}, now on to a real introduction.

Hi, my name is LegendChu (that's what I prefer to be known as here :P). I'm from the beautiful country of India. Unlike what I mentioned above, I'm just your average guy-next-door, not bad looking & maybe not the best, but I was quite good at studies & actively participated in sports. In fact, I represented my college at state-level in Cricket & wanted to take up the sport professionally, but sadly that didn't materialize. I do aspire big though, everyone should or there won't be a purpose in life.

I have a good sense of humour & like to keep people around me happy too. If someone tries to mess around with me though, I'll ignore him/her a couple of times, but if they persist, I make sure I give it back equally. Well I am human, so I do make mistakes. But I always try to learn from them & make sure they aren't repeated. I can be a bit outspoken & brutally honest at times, which people may not like, but that's how I am. I'll try though, not to show that side of me here.

Romantic movies bore me (but am forced to watch them coz of my gf), I'd rather watch an action flick or even kiddie movies or cartoons instead. What kinda music I like, well I don't have a particular taste, I listen to whatever fells good to the ears, something that strikes a cord & stays on. As for sports, Cricket comes first. Other than that I love playing soccer, badminton, tennis & hockey. And I'm also a big fan of professional wrestling.

My other hobbies - playing outdoor sports (oh I've already mentioned that above :P), playing on my gaming console, face-reading (am quite good at it), solving sudoku puzzles, going for long drives & just taking out some "me" time.

On weekends (if I'm not busy), I like to have get-togethers with friends & catch up on what's happening in their lives. Though I don't smoke (never had a puff in life) & I don't drink (have always been a tee-totaller), I do like to party hard.

My biggest passion - martial arts, coz it really taught me how to be disciplined in life. A few years back I was really indisciplined, a major reason being my passion for gaming (its still there, but maybe not as much as before). In fact I was so obsessed with games, that I would spend hours on a stretch, playing on my gaming consoles, neglecting just about everything else.

That was until I was introduced to the world of martial arts. For the past few years I've been religiously dedicating time for that & believe me, its drastically improved my lifestyle.

Things I hate - people telling me how I ought to do stuff even if they have no knowledge about it themselves, people who use social media just to vent out their personal frustrations, people with no sense of humour, traffic jams, rash drivers on the streets, egotists, hypocrites, wannabes.

I don't think I'm very good at expressing my feelings & usually don't like to speak unless spoken to (which is the reason it took me so long to send out Friend Requests here), unless its absolutely necessary, If I see something wrong happening though, I make sure my voice is heard. Even so, I think my real life social skills are good.

I can't say the same about my social media skills though, in fact I'd go to the extent of saying that I'm not a big fan of twitter, facebook, instagram or any other social media site, I'd rather prefer to talk to a person face-to-face, so that I can (try to) read their real feelings. Ya, that might sound a bit strange in today's media savvy world, but that's how I am, I don't like following trends, I like doing my own stuff.

My first tryst with Pokemon was when my uncle gifted me a Pikachu toy. At that time, I had no idea what it was. As a kid, I never liked stuffed toys, I rather preferred playing with cars, bikes & planes (toy ones obviously), but there was something about that Pikachu, which made me fell good. In fact, even after all these years, I still have that toy.

Then, the Pokemon series started airing here & I've watched every single episode that has been aired here since. And then I got to know about the Pokemon games. The first one I played was Pokemon Yellow & I guess that made me like Pikachu even more. After that I played Red & Blue, & then one by one, I've played every game till the 5th Gen. The game I played the most was Pokemon Emerald & in the Spin-Off series - Pokemon Red Rescue Team.

What brought me to this forum - my interest for Pokemon & the idea that you can modify a Pokemon ROM & make it as you like. I try to make a few modifications every now & then, to the ROMs I own, with Tools & Tutorials available here. Making my own Hack though, would be time consuming & as much as I'd love to make one, I can't see that happening, coz it requires a lot of time & dedication, which sadly I can't spare, as I usually have quite a busy schedule.

Finally, for all the friends I've recently made out here & the ones I'll be making in the future (hopefully), I've just one request - don't be mad at me if I don't get back to your VMs & PMs. You see, I'm a working professional (just started working a couple of years or so back), that apart I have a few more commitments to take care of, so I can't dedicate too much time here, but I'll try my best to come here as often as I can. Even if it takes a few days (or sometimes weeks), I'll make sure I get back to everyone. If you really think of me as a friend, you'll have to understand that.

I think that's the main problem with online friends, you tend to expect a lot & start making demands, forgetting that they have a life outside of the internet world too. Sorry if that was a bit rude, but I'm just being honest, coz its happened before on a couple of other forums (there was a bit of an issue here too, albeit a different one, but it was quickly solved).

I must say one thing though, that this is the longest I've been on any forum & hope to continue being here :).

Well, that's it about me, cya guys!!!

Pika Pika :chu:

Last edited:

Flowerchild

fleeting assembly
    Years
  • Hey guys I am shadow rohan and I want help creating a hack called Pokemon Wrath of the legends
    Welcome! You'll want to look in the Beginner's Lounge section. Once you come up with a few ideas you can post an Idea Thread in that section and try and recruit people from there.

You should probably look through the Tools and Tutorials section as well. While getting a team together is a great idea, there's still a lot you're going to have to do yourself and a lot you'll need to learn if you want to make a hack that stands out.

Don't let that scare you, though! Get in there! Good luck :)

Years
  • umm hi guys!

A BIG STARTLING HELLO FROM THE PHILLIPPINES!

so basically, what a very well organised community relating to the very existence of a franchise we all continue to wait and love.....that is Pokémon.

so hi anyways and hope that all succeed in life

BEST WISHES!!

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    umm hi guys!

A BIG STARTLING HELLO FROM THE PHILLIPPINES!

so basically, what a very well organised community relating to the very existence of a franchise we all continue to wait and love.....that is Pokémon.

so hi anyways and hope that all succeed in life

BEST WISHES!!
    Welcome to PC, kiloude! Best wishes to you, did the pokémon anime bring you here by any chance? (;

Years
  • Hi everyone,
    I'm a new member from Belgium. only started playing alpha sapphire 2 weeks ago and i am working on completing my dex right now.
    So if anyone wanna help me, you're more than welcome. only at dex 406 right now.

Hope i can also help other people out.

greetz
    divine dutch

Years
  • Hi everyone,
    I'm a new member from Belgium. only started playing alpha sapphire 2 weeks ago and i am working on completing my dex right now.
    So if anyone wanna help me, you're more than welcome. only at dex 406 right now.

Hope i can also help other people out.

greetz
    divine dutch

Hello there Divine! I do hope you're doing well, especially after that terrible terrorist attack that happened over in your native Belgium. If you're interested in linking up with fellow members to complete the Pokedex, maybe consider looking around the Trade Corner section? I'm sure everyone will want to help you achieve it since the service over in that section is known to be really good and you might make some new friends.

Best of luck, and I hope you can complete the Pokedex!

Years
  • Hello there Divine! I do hope you're doing well, especially after that terrible terrorist attack that happened over in your native Belgium. If you're interested in linking up with fellow members to complete the Pokedex, maybe consider looking around the Trade Corner section? I'm sure everyone will want to help you achieve it since the service over in that section is known to be really good and you might make some new friends.

Best of luck, and I hope you can complete the Pokedex!

Yes i am doing good, same as my friends. It's offcourse a really terrible thing that happened in Brussels.
    I will make a little topic in the Trade section. so you are all welcome to join me there

Years
  • Hi everyone,

I'm a new member here in PC, so I thought I would drop by this thread and introduce myself.
    My name is André and I've been playing Pokémon for a long time. I've always loved it since Gen. I, and I'm planning to start playing competitive. Also enjoy playing some hacks and fan-made games, so I joined the community because I felt it would be a good place and resource for all of that good stuff.

So, see you around.

Flowerchild

fleeting assembly
    Years
  • Hi everyone,

I'm a new member here in PC, so I thought I would drop by this thread and introduce myself.
    My name is André and I've been playing Pokémon for a long time. I've always loved it since Gen. I, and I'm planning to start playing competitive. Also enjoy playing some hacks and fan-made games, so I joined the community because I felt it would be a good place and resource for all of that good stuff.

So, see you around.
    Welcome :)

I assume you've already checked out the Hacks Studio and Games Showcase, but here are the links just in case you haven't. As you can see, there's a lot to check out, and we've got some great tutorials in case you're interested in learning to make one of these yourself.

We've also got a competitive battling section, which might interest you. Have fun! :3

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back