• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen New Videos!

Bluerang1

pin pin
    Years
    Chen chooses the stronger Pokemon. He Chose Mijumaru while the Protagonist chose Pokabu. So Beru's Pokemon will be stronger than Cheren's. I wouldn't mind watching their battle. It's be a first? Not counting fainting from a Double Battle with another Trainer eg. Cheryl in the Battle Tower.

Edit: I must say, our VS sprite looks damn fine :)

Zeta Sukuna

Descendant of the Inchlings
    Years
    Walking animations = Meh. The new camera bites them hard here, but then again, I'll probably get used to it. Or I won't care when I do get it.

Rival Battle Music = <3. I love Mario and Luigi music, and to hear something that sounds like it in the Rival battle just makes me happy.

Battle music = Pretty good, a bit more epic then the others.

Battle animations = Very good. I really like them, anyway.

Overall, though, being able to watch the 1st video, and half of the second, I'll have to say that this update is... okay. The walking animations are fairly bad, hopefully they don't showcase the flaws in that too much in the game, though I suspect they may. But this is only my opinion, hate on what you want, or like what you want.

KingBBB12

ǝɹǝɥ pıp ı ʇɐɥʍ ǝǝs noʎ
    Years
    That Pokemon the player battles at 1:40 in the 2nd vid looks like some sort of Larvitar with a pair of tusks.

Bluerang1

pin pin
    Years
    Okay, here's what you have to do. When the video finishes Loading (after the red and blue fusion thing) start clicking on the time line to fastforward it, this will take you past each scene like at a second a time, when you stop, the video to start running smoothly. So you can just click the time line once or whatever :)

Years
    Holy crap...

Gear has one badass attack, and also Kibago's Double Chop seems to be damn powerful..or Kibago just has awesome attack stat.

I didn't wanna say this but animation looks so cool, I am sold! Even Munna looks good animated -.-

I also like the sound that the game makes when you survive with low hp - Du-DUN! And then music changes :D

Starters crys are just fine and also, as I see you battle Bell first since the room is in good condition when you start fighting Bell and is in bad condition when you fight Cheren.

Agent Clank

Bye PC
    Years
    • Seen Jan 11, 2011
    Man,that looks so epic!
    I love all of the animations,the Pokemon and the walking animation.
    I am more excited for this game now then I ever was!
    the starters cries sound really good,I like the otter's cry sounds sorta like Piplup's.

Lamb2

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Aug 24, 2010
    The videos are loading incredibly slow. But it's a good thing I have another source where I can view videos.

Anyway, I think the game is looking really great. All it needs is some good battle music, because the battle music right now is pretty boring.

Jaiyke

Dog Wizard
    Years
    muuhahahaha!!
    the videos i try to load always go slow for me due to my incredibly crappy internet!
    suffer as i have suffered muuhahahhaa~!!! =)
    anyway... just barely gonna start loading them... yeah i'll probably take me an hour to watch them =\

Lamb2

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Aug 24, 2010
    muuhahahaha!!
    the videos i try to load always go slow for me due to my incredibly crappy internet!
    suffer as i have suffered muuhahahhaa~!!! =)
    anyway... just barely gonna start loading them... yeah i'll probably take me an hour to watch them =\

lol...but the videos about Black and White are always interesting. It's cool to see the new camera in battles.

Bay

Years
    i love Tsutaja's battle animation! He seems to be a punching bag in the trailers though...
    Yeah, I noticed that too when watching the vid. Poor Tsutaja. D:

Anyways, was able to watch them through YouTube, so I managed to see both of the vids.

First Video
    I quite like the versus animation. Nice improvement on the versus graphics from the fourth gen games. Also, the part where you choose the starters I love too because of the nicely detailed graphics of the Pokemon. One thing is it seems you'll be battling both of your rivals right away. Wonder if you can be able to heal your Pokemon beforehand. Then again, the rivals aren't that tough when you battle them the first time, so it shouldn't be a problem. XD

Second Video
    Like everyone else, nice on the music being changed when HP is low. There is still that annoying beeping sound. I could go with just the music change, thank you very much. XD Also, haha on Freefall. Just like Bounce, except you're suddenly sucked into it. :P The other battles are nicely done too.

Overall, great vids there as they really give a taste of the games. :)

Lamb2

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Aug 24, 2010
    I can't wait until the games come out. They're going to be awesome. A whole new era of Pokemon...

Calder

Gamertag: LycaNinja
    Years
    • Seen Apr 28, 2011
    Kind of sad... I wanted my rivals to be like this...

Me: Erupork
    Cheren: Smugleaf
    Belle: Shellbear

I'm guessing the Pokemon mess up your room or you and your friends do when deciding who get which Pokemon... I just wish that you could choose which rival gets the type advantage and which doesn't...

Last edited:

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
    I've seen both videos in full now(well, I'm almost done with the second one now), but from what I've seen, I'm quite sad that Tsutaaja is getting such a beating(this is in the second vid). I like, how in the first video, it displays the battle between your two....rivals, I should say(I couldn't tell whether the woman with glasses was either your rival or your mother)? But still an enjoyable scene, nonetheless.

I agree with this, too. I love how the music changes to such a dark theme when your HP reaches the red gauge, and the beeping sound doesn't bother me too much, I've grown used to it and I don't really pay attention to it much. It does get annoying after a while of hearing it, though. :(
    Yeah they made Tsutaaja the Punching bag :(...

Back