• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen New Videos!

Turnabout

bonk!
    Years
    The music!
    The music is glorious!
    And it seems to change to match the situation, oh man, I can't wait to hear more of that.
    At least the "beep beep" of low health won't be quite as annoying anymore.

Not crazy fond of the starters cries though.

Years
    • Seen Jul 2, 2017
    I'm happy that the beeping of low health has now become the rhythm of the "warning" music. The only thing that would make me happy is if that music fades the moment you use a potion. It was one thing that was in 1st gen but not 4th, that once you use a potion, the beeping immediately ends.

MegaKuriboh

Yare Yare Daze
    Years
    The music is cool, and weird at the same time I likehow the rival battle music soun europeanish with the acordian (no duh I like it I AM Portuguese)
    I also like how it becomes more "epic" when you start losing.
    Most of the music sounds like legendary battle music

Calder

Gamertag: LycaNinja
    Years
    • Seen Apr 28, 2011
    The video with the starting events is very good, however I think the battles are put in the wrong order because your room isn't a mess when you battle belle. Also I am the only one that think the starter town music resembles the R/S/E one?

Thats what I said I think its Belle then Cheren and the Cheren battle makes the room messy because you are equally strong or after the battle a Pokemon runs in ****s up your room and runs out... Starting your adventure at chasing down said Pokemon... Maybe Cheren catches that Pokemon and thats the Catch a Pokemon tutorial...

I'll tell about second video.
    It starts with a Munna floating in the air. Then the camera rolls to the trainer, he sends a pokeball which contains Mujimaru. But then suddenly instead of Munna its that pigeon pokemon (I don't remember the name). Then something happens, with the two HP bars a third bar shows up. Then the screen changes to Pokabu vs Chiramii and Chiramii attacks pokabu. Again a screen change. This time Mujimari Vs that Zebra pokemon(I forgot the name again). Zapbra attacks Mujimaru with Wild bolt. Screen change. Tsutaja vs that Alligator pokemon.
    Thats how far I went

There is no 3rd HP bar... o.o

It seems Munna evolves at Lv 10...

Last edited:

Storm_has_formed

"The Storm is here!!!"
    Years
    Kind of sad... I wanted my rivals to be like this...

Me: Erupork
    Cheren: Smugleaf
    Belle: Shellbear

I'm guessing the Pokemon mess up your room or you and your friends do when deciding who get which Pokemon... I just wish that you could choose which rival gets the type advantage and which doesn't...
    The nickname Smugleaf is starting to grow on me... dunno why

SargeantMajorKururu

Loves Pokemon Black
    Years
    FINALLY!

I'm so glad they made Cheren! Finally, a cool kid with glasses! We aren't ALL nerds! =P

Anyways, I'm quite pleased with the cries. They sound better than the weird ones in D/P...Now I can't wait for this. The battle animations are cool, I like Belle's because it's funny and Cheren's because it makes him so much more awesome...Honestly, I haven't understood a word of dialogue he has said and I already think he's the coolest character in the series.

Calder

Gamertag: LycaNinja
    Years
    • Seen Apr 28, 2011
    Is italready confirmed that we can change the camera angle while we're choosing our moves? It's looking that way to me.

It just pans randomly like in console Pokemon games...

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Jun 7, 2015
    It just pans randomly like in console Pokemon games...

I honestly think we can control it somehow too. Some of the camera movements end up with both Pokemon pretty much off screen, and why would the game do that for no reason? So I think it might move when idle, but only a little bit, but we also have the ability to move it wherever we want, thus producing the pans that go a bit too far.

Hibaru

Advanced Pokemon Trainer
    Years
    Lucky they're loading pretty Quick at my first time see them. But I won't watch it too much, Or else my Modem's Speed will turn into a Slowpoke. But I love those Video. Its soooo Cool!

PokeLawry

Pokemon Master!
    Years
    the battle music is amazing! :D I Just finished the first video, working on the second.

okay, i'm more excited now. I Can't wait!

Years
    • Seen Dec 7, 2010
    The videos were great. I think Black and White will be one of if not the best Pokemon game made.

On a Side not, having seen Lawry's signature, the Water starters are by far the best. The Grass and Fire (mainly the Grass) starters are inconsistant. Chikorita is an all around WTF Pokemon, Torchic's final Evo is fugly, and Treeko is only cute in fan art.

Ninja Caterpie

AAAAAAAAAAAAA
    Years
    Brilliant, the music in the first video (Professor or Starting Town?) is brilliant, as I expected. The rival battle music is a bit...unbattle-like. It feels too happy or something. :x The other battle themes are good though. (b'-')b

Years
    I honestly think we can control it somehow too. Some of the camera movements end up with both Pokemon pretty much off screen, and why would the game do that for no reason? So I think it might move when idle, but only a little bit, but we also have the ability to move it wherever we want, thus producing the pans that go a bit too far.
    Yeah, there was this one part where the camera just randomly panned left for a while. That would be a pretty cool feature.

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Jun 7, 2015
    Brilliant, the music in the first video (Professor or Starting Town?) is brilliant, as I expected. The rival battle music is a bit...unbattle-like. It feels too happy or something. :x The other battle themes are good though. (b'-')b

I'm thinking, and I hope I'm right with this, that the rival music changes throughout the game. The battle in the video takes place right at the start of the game where all 3 trainers are having their first battle (I'm guessing). They're not going to be that strong or know what they're doing that much, so the music reflects that. As they progress and get stronger, I can see the music changing to match their skill, which reminds the player how far they've come.

That's what I'm hoping for anyway.

Years
    These videos are awesome. It definitely feels like a new generation.

I like the music in this game. It fits in quite well with all the other Pokemon games. I especially like the trainer battle music.

The animations are very cool as well.

Back