• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

New Voice cast - Discussion

Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2009
    Well, I don't think that scene needed any personality...but you're right.

And everyone's voices DO sound better, except May still sounds a little bit too old. But Brock is closer to normal and Ash is pretty much good as new, so I guess I'm satisfied enough.

Derrot

Arr...me be Derrot
    Years
    Ichapokemr said:
    Well, I don't think that scene needed any personality...but you're right.

I meant the acting and tone... how she was reading the lines, I could expect Ash next saying "Hi, I'm Ash Ketchum! I'm 14 years old. I'm kind of silly, but I'm also very ambitious. When I shout 'Pokeball GO!' I turn into the magical Pokemon Trainer called *dum dum dum* Ash!"

Ash sometimes sounded very shoujo to me... the voice itself is all right but... that's just how it came off to me. >.<

I liked how she said "my amazing training skills", though. Perfect.

But the "it's Misty and Professor Oak"? Meh. >.<#

Jeremy

<font color="deepskyblue">Sweetie</font>
    Years
    Well sweetie, here's what the Jerjer you all know and love thinks. XD

Ash - Sounds too much like a girl. *Misses Veronica Taylor.*
    Max - Almost normal
    May - Still a tad older (despite her "over development" XD)
    Misty - Is that Rachael? =3 Almost sounds like her.
    Oak - Close...
    Brock - No, no, no, and no. >> *Misses Eric Staurt.*

The only voice actor, that I still say is great is the narrator because he was the old one. X3

Ari-chan

hypnotizing
    Years
    I heard the new Mirage pokemon redub, and I'm quite happy that it sound much better than before.

Ash- I think Sarah did a pretty good job so far. Sure Ash sound a little feminin and monotone at times, but I'm 100% confident that by the time we get up to the latest episode in japan here, she will get the voice just right as she gets used to playing Ash.

May- She was off and on. Though she does sound deep at times, she does hits good tones for the most part. I can definitly get used to her voice though, she she isn't at all bad.

Misty- Perfect!!! To bad Misty isn't seen much anymore, because her voice was the best one.

Max- Great, I had no problems with him at all... much better than before.

Oak- I still don't like it, but at least he isn't seen often.

Brock- Better than before I think, could still use some work but I will adapt either way.

Narrator- Oh yes, I liked the first one anyway, I love hearing him again!!!

Either way The new dub is promising, though I still love the old voices and will miss them dearly, I'm excepting this as an inevitability and will get used to these voices with time. ^_^

What I'm worried about though is Team Rocket, since I didn't get to how they sound now... But I don't think they'll sound as bad as before.

The new song for the special is way better than that pathetic rap one, I actually like it (which is good, since I've hated every 4kids song after the origional english opening).

The new opening for this next season though I can't say what my full opinion is. The screne was very dark and the sound wasn't the greatest. But from what I've seen it looks like it will no different then what 4kids has been doing since day 1.

miyo

grass pokemon trainer
    Years
    Jeremy said:
    Well sweetie, here's what the Jerjer you all know and love thinks. XD

Ash - Sounds too much like a girl. *Misses Veronica Taylor.*
    Max - Almost normal
    May - Still a tad older (despite her "over development" XD)
    Misty - Is that Rachael? =3 Almost sounds like her.
    Oak - Close...
    Brock - No, no, no, and no. >> *Misses Eric Staurt.*

The only voice actor, that I still say is great is the narrator because he was the old one. X3

Oh yes.. now that you've mentioned the narrator, I finally remembered there was still him.. we were all so focused on the main characters that we just forgot about the narrator who has been with us since episode 1. lols.

And yes, I miss Ash's old voice and Brock's too.. especially Brock's.. you know, when I heard his dub for Yugi-Oh movie (Kaiba), I just realised he was such a great VA. Loved him, and misses him. xD

anakin

resigned
    Years
    • Seen Jun 22, 2013
    I wish there is something we can do besides writeing letters. Try to talking with the actors and see if they can do something about it. If the new actors take over then im just going to watch the old episodes. Brock sounds like he is a gay 60 year old. Ash sounds like he is about to murder someone. May sound like she 20. Well I have to agree with Miyo Max almost sounds the same. Professor oak sound a little the same but seems to have a little exsent. I want the old acors back NOW!

Back