• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen New Wifi Event! (Shiny Hydreigon and Golurk)

Years
    • Seen Jan 11, 2012
    Didn't see a thread so I thought I'd create one.

Scroll down to the bottom.

For all Japanese B/W players, there is a new event that is scheduled to run from June 17th to July 7th in McDonalds restaurants, then on Wifi between July 8th and September 8th. This event is to run based on specific characters in the 14th Pokemon movies. Version Black holders will get a shiny Hydreigon based off Carita's Hydreigon from Victini and the Black hero, while Pokemon White players will get a shiny Golurk based from Janta's Golurk from Victini and the White hero.Seems like a whole lot of regurgitation from Serebii, lol.

Thoughts on a guaranteed shiny? Personally, I'm looking forward to a shiny Golurk, if they come out as events for English versions of B/W.

Last edited:

Scat Away

Screws the Rules
    Years
    • Seen Nov 21, 2011
    its a shame theres no such event for U.S. players. hope there is though, because that sounds too good to pass up!

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    I heard 'bout this earlier. I'm interested to see whether the two shinies lead to another event Pokemon, considering how Entei, Raikou and Suicune did during generation four. Either way, I have both games so when they come to English games, yay.

Pyrax

Midnight Guest
    Years
    • he/him
    • UK
    • Seen May 13, 2024
    Free shinies? :D

Sounds interesting, can't wait for when they're released in the UK.

pokewalker

If it ain't Dutch,it ain'tmuch
    Years
  • Awesome, I can download this on my Jap White! :D And when it comes in Europe, I'll get shiny Hydreigon! :cer_laugh:

Years
  • Sounds awesome!

I wanted shiny Hydreigon :( I have white so I get shiny Golurk, but that's alright. A shiny is a shiny!

Alternative

f i r e f l y .
    Years
  • Well I'll be damned. This seems like a nice deal. Since I have Black I'd naturally be getting the Hydreigon, but I would prefer the Golurk, as it's probably one of my favourite Pokemon this generation. :)

Calamity

Just for the love of the game.
    Years
    • Seen Nov 10, 2020
    Dayum, beat me to making the thread. But yeah this seems a pretty nice offer for us if it ever comes to America & Europe, I've already got a Hydreigon so I'm happy I've got White. Golurks shiny form looks pretty nice aswell.

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
    Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2016
    Seems like an awesome event, plus their shiny. :D

I'll be sure to download both if the event comes to europe, since I have both games.

Locket

nothin' but a latiarse.
    Years
  • yaayyy. fingers crossed that this is going to come to europe:3.
    shiny hydreigon for me! nomnomnom.

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
    Years
  • Oh wow, seems like there's quite a few events circulating for this new movie. :o But this seems pretty awesome! :3 Hopefully they'll come to Europe, if not, I'll just troll the trade corner until someone has one! >:3

Years
  • eh... i really like hydreigon but its shiny is just ugly. i dont have a good golurk so this would be better.

Kenshin5

Wanderer
    Years
  • I am eager to see the moveset, hopefully they have some event exclusive moves. They sure are having a lot of events with the movie. First it's Victini, then Reshiram & Zekrom and now this.

Years
  • Ooooh. I can't wait till it hits the US. I think I'm gonna go ahead finish my game tonight after all I'm on the 5th gym leader. :D

DeeJay

Mr. Excitement
    Years
  • @Spyderlyze: Thanks for posting this! I usually get my event info from Bulbanews. I don't check Serebii that often.

Personally, I LOVE Hydregions. The only flaw that drives me nuts is their slowness, but they are otherwise absolute beasts. Even though they take so much time to raise up to their full power, its worth the effort. ^_^

A shiny one would make my day.

Back