• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen News Discussion Thread [use the threads in forum for new things]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Humm96

Fly little Mockingjay!
Years
Does the water Gym Leader remind anyone else of Finnick Odair?

You called? :D Haha i love Finnick!
Back to the subject, Does anyone know when any high quality scans will come through? The flash kind of cuts quite a bit off, and i would kill to see the poison gym leader in a better scan, scolipede guitar for the win!
I can see cosplays happening already!

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
Okay, I saw the scans this morning before coming to school, and here are my opinions:

Wow, it turns out the "girl" wearing the blue jacket was a guy all along. And what's wrong with his hair? The spiky-haired guy, on the other hand, is the rival, if I remember correctly. I actually kind of like him.

I'm also happy that Pokemon like Lucario, Tyranitar and Metagross are in the new Unova dex. Judging by the fact that the latter 2 are in it, I seem to have a gut feeling that all 6 pseudo-legends may be in the game, but that's just me.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Did anybody happen to see the translation of one of the images involving the professor?
It says:

He created Genesect?

Hmmm, that'd be interesting but what about B/W? It... makes no sense to include Genesect in an event then. XD; Perhaps like, A NEW POKEMON?

Years
  • Seen Feb 14, 2021
Yeah, there are a large number of possibilities. IMO, the most plausible thing to me sounds like Genesect.

We should have the high quality screenshots from the official website in the next 24 hours hopefully since Coro Coro is officially released there tomorrow. Then the next day, we have Smash! I'm really pumped for Smash! I honestly don't care MUCH for the Kyurem battle they are going to show, I mainly care for the promotional video and playthrough Masuda is going to do. Although the Kyurem battle will still be interesting!

The Lord of Smug
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Oct 17, 2013
It says that Team Plasma created Genesect. It is currently being speculated that the professor is secretly Team Plasma. The professor creating Genesect makes perfect sense. Tie that in with him focusing on Pokemon strength, and you've got him confirmed, pretty much.

I think that the professor used to be Team Plasma, but turned over a new leaf.

Years
  • Seen Oct 4, 2013
Yeah, everyone is making fun of the Playable character's hair but not Akuroma's
tumblr_m2e7eh3AVT1r5ttf9o1_500.png

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
Years
  • Age 8
  • +
  • Seen Sep 15, 2020
It says that Team Plasma created Genesect. It is currently being speculated that the professor is secretly Team Plasma. The professor creating Genesect makes perfect sense. Tie that in with him focusing on Pokemon strength, and you've got him confirmed, pretty much.

I think that the professor used to be Team Plasma, but turned over a new leaf.
If that were the case, why are the clothes behind his white professional coat so Team Plasma related? I mean from the little of what we've seen of it anyway.

It's kind of funny how one's character design can simply give off anything.

SolarAbusoru

Go Go PokéRangers
Years
First off, the person who made Genesect is actually in the first game, in the P2 Lab, he only appears when you have Genesect and his name is Dudley, but the fact is, Akumora could not have created Genesect, so I'd say he's talking about a different pokemon, maybe black/white kyurem.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
@post above: Truuee. I forgot all about that, actually. Don't think Black Kyurem and White Kyurem were created by somebody though, I'd rather if it happened naturally through a war. :(

Also, zomg two days to go until the playthrough. I hope not too much is spoiled, but I do kinda wanna hear the music at least and just ignore the vision? lool. ;x

blue

gucci
Years
Just a quick update, reservations for the games begins tomorrow guys!

A leaflet about reservations for Pokémon Black 2 & White 2 has stared to appear on various Japanese forums and showcases several of the screenshots we see in CoroCoro. It notes that reservations for the game begin tomorrow. However, the noteworthy part of this poster is the showcase of various other old Pokémon and new Pokémon that are shown to be in the game; Marill & Volcarona and showcases the Unova starters: Snivy, Tepig & Oshawott with the trainers, potentially indicating that they remain the starters in the game, but the placement could just be coincidental. For more on Black 2 & White 2.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
First off, the person who made Genesect is actually in the first game, in the P2 Lab, he only appears when you have Genesect and his name is Dudley, but the fact is, Akumora could not have created Genesect, so I'd say he's talking about a different pokemon, maybe black/white kyurem.

Dudley only says that he was surprised to see a Pokemon he was Working on under Team Plasma's watch appear in the Player's team. I don't think he solely created Genosect himself, but was one member of the team that was working on reconstructing it before the project was scrapped.

Akuroma could have been the lead researcher on that. The "Lead" researcher usually takes all the credit for the work of the team. He could have been involved with the development and after that started his Research on Pokemon Strengths due to findings he made with Genesect.

It would be hard to believe that he made the Kyurem forms because then it has two conflicting origins Canon wise. Kyurem's forms would be artificially made Game wise if true, and Natural ability in Anime which conflicts.

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
Years
  • Age 8
  • +
  • Seen Sep 15, 2020
@post above: Truuee. I forgot all about that, actually. Don't think Black Kyurem and White Kyurem were created by somebody though, I'd rather if it happened naturally through a war. :(

Also, zomg two days to go until the playthrough. I hope not too much is spoiled, but I do kinda wanna hear the music at least and just ignore the vision? lool. ;x
I'm all for being spoiled. Nothing gets me more excited than to see some gameplay and all of the CoroCoro scans. I just love when a mainstream Pokémon game is announced and we slowly get new information and pictures for it. It's just so fun, especially with speculation and discussions about it all.

Super hyped for the playthrough!!

blue

gucci
Years

I'm all for being spoiled. Nothing gets me more excited than to see some gameplay and all of the CoroCoro scans. I just love when a mainstream Pokémon game is announced and we slowly get new information and pictures for it. It's just so fun, especially with speculation and discussions about it all.

Super hyped for the playthrough!!

I agree, when we we're receiving HG/SS news slowly I really enjoyed that! Once it was over I thought it's not as exciting anymore which was quite a bummer.

Cello

Tonight!
Years

I'd take that playthrough bit with a grain of salt, haha. You know how Pokemon Smash is when they say something is going to be done on their show. :P
I feel like they'll probably just walk around for a couple of seconds and be done with it.
Who know though, amiright? We may be pleasantly surprised. I hope they show something like the player getting their starter or travelling through on of the aqua tunnels, perhaps even taking on one of the new gym leaders.

Irregardless Either way we know we'll be seeing actual footage and not screenshots, so i'm looking forward to it. :D

Last edited:

blue

gucci
Years
One of the main things I look forward to in new Pokémon games is the music and I'm assuming there will be new soundtracks in B2W2 which I for one cannot wait to hear! I was so impressed with the brilliant music in Black & White I can only imagine that it would be just as good with the Kyurem battle, new towns etc oh and if there is a new villainous team then that should be good too.

Years
  • Seen Feb 14, 2021
Well at least we can for sure expect the Kyurem's battle and the first official promotional video for the game on Smash. I'm a bit skeptical of the playthrough like Cello said, as it could just be Masuda playing it for like 10 seconds just walking around in the first city.

Hopefully we'll be surprised though as in the preview, it showed one of the cast members having a playthrough of it too!

The 5/15 CoroCoro comes with an entire separate booklet of BW2 info. Includes 48 pages of BW2 manga as well according to Gin from Sunyshore.com. We should get LOTS of info then! :D

Last edited:

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
A seperate booklet? DAMNIT, why must it be a month away. :( If this week's Pokemon Smash disappoints, then definitely next week better not let us down with new information. :3

Bluerang1

pin pin
Years
Pokemon Smash is probably going to be a bust. We got the video they'll show on the official website. Well, until May for more news then that's it. I don't want plot storylines, I did well with avoiding them in BW. The game was more or less a surprise.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back