• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

News: PS3 concept model revealed!

jj984jj

Elite Beat Fansubber
Years
  • Some news about when the PS3 will be shown and it's concept art has been revealed.

Click here for more information. Personally, I don't like how it's round, but the colors are nice. :)

Shadow

Original Flavor Darkness
    Years
  • *looks at his entertainment center with his Gamecube and PS2 wedged together on a shelf quite tightly*

WHY MUST YOU ALWAYS SCREW ME OVER WITH YOUR GIANT SYSTEMS SONY? ARRRRGGGHHHHHH!!!!!

*runs around on a homocidal rampage*

Shiney

Sometimes, we come back!
    Years
  • Shadow said:
    *looks at his entertainment center with his Gamecube and PS2 wedged together on a shelf quite tightly*

WHY MUST YOU ALWAYS SCREW ME OVER WITH YOUR GIANT SYSTEMS SONY? ARRRRGGGHHHHHH!!!!!

*runs around on a homocidal rampage*

Put the gamecube on top of the ps2, like I do with my xbox/gcube combo.

I never thought that sony would charge over $200 bucks for a giant waffle iron, and you know that it's going to be at least that much.

Shadow

Original Flavor Darkness
    Years
  • Shineyelectrode said:
    Put the gamecube on top of the ps2, like I do with my xbox/gcube combo.

I never thought that sony would charge over $200 bucks for a giant waffle iron, and you know that it's going to be at least that much.
    I have my videogame system router-like thing on top of the PS2. I have no room for anymore systems on my entertainment system ._. Guess I'll have to start venturing out of my room into the living room to play video games for any new systems.

And now that you mention it, it does look like a waffle iron. Mmm DVD-shaped waffles. XD

Kyosuke

.·Simple Complexity
    Years
  • LOL.. waffle iron thats funny.

Interesting choice that Sony made for a design for their next console, in a way it looks sort of sheek and cool, but at the same time looks very weird and like a wide tin can, but who knows it could be as small and compact as the PSone, in this case looks can be deceiving.

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
    Years
  • I've seen that picture a while ago. It's nothing new, at all. I don't remember if it was fake or not. And nothing at the Kikizo site suggests that that image is of the actual system. I'm pretty sure its fake though. The source of the image is "Kanex Opened Mind" which is an artist's online portfolio.

EDIT: Fixed Spelling

Chairman Kaga

living in the past
    Years
  • If this is real, I don't know whether I would put that thing in the living room or the kitchen...I think it might serve more of a purpose slicing bagels and making omlettes...what are the premiere games going to be, Grand Theft Auto: IHOP? But anyway, I don't see why they have to make it so sleek looking; the body design doesn't make the games better or anything. I bet at this rate the Xbox 2 will be a tetrahedron and Nintendo's next system will be a sphere or a torus or something...

aaaaaa

We got a bunch of photos from our Sony rep, showing all these apparent PS3's, and confirmation that they were all fake.
    And that was one of them.

BigBoss

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Sep 14, 2007
    Sorry, but thats a fake. why? you'd know imeddiatly(sp) cause the conroller would not work Because the slot is round; It would not fit. Sony is not stupid.and I think they would have said somthing about it at E3, and the model reavealed already? Hah. E3 was not that long ago if you have not noticed......

Dizzy

My Father is a Baron!
    Years
  • I found a whole bunch of pictures, which one is fake, and which one is real ;)

Pretty much everyone knows which one is real..it just looks real, while the others look mythical.

BigBoss

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Sep 14, 2007
    I think they are all fake. Why would they say nothing at E3 about it yet reaveal a model now? and PSM would probly have said somting other than Rumors about them......

Last edited:

jj984jj

Elite Beat Fansubber
    Years
  • Well, that's what I get for not reading the full article, heh. They don't actually state that that is a concept, just that the model will be revealed before their fiscial year is over, so not too long before E3 then. :) Sorry for the miscommunication people.

BigBoss

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Sep 14, 2007
    :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: Heh heh heh heh! That's funny.....Hah Hah Hah.....

Brittany

Back?
    Years
  • All of those pictures are fake. The Very first picture was a creation of a student who worked in console designing. He made a PS3 for homework and that was his product. It IS NOT REAL.
    Niether is the waffle iron, toaster, CD holder, CD player, Jigsaw, or the Jello-Like Box.

AND THE VERY LAST PICTURE IS A MACHINE USED AT AN AIRPORT. It is just a coincidence that it's initials are PS3.

Also, the PS3 concept model is not even finished. They haven't even finished designing the PS3's Cell Processor. The Cell Processor is being designed as a group project with Panasonic and Sony. The Cell Processor will have hundreds or maybe even thousands of mini processors that work together to provide the greatest gameing experiance ever. Sony commented that the PS2 would have Toy Story(or better) graphics. Fans were dissapointed when they found that the PS2's graphics werent as good as Toy Story, so now Sony wants to provide a gaming console with a processor that can handle those kinds of graphics. Thats why PS3 is taking so long to make.

It will take a long time to finish this processor so the concept design is not an important detail to Sony at this time.

But because of this long wait, Sony will provide a system with the best gaming possible. You can expect for normal gameplay on PS3 to have graphics as good as the FMV's of Final Fantasy 10. And FMV's on PS3 might look....real.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Apr 2, 2023
    It seems that most of the people here dont even care about the specs....oh well it looks ok...not great but better then the ps2

Back