• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

NFC - Nintendo Fan Club

Years
    Well Wii games cost $109 in Australia compared to $40 for a DS game.
    There are Wii games going for $80 but there games you`ve never heard of.
    Gottlieb Pinball Classics, Impossible Mission, Leaderboard, Puzzle Balls, Super Fruit Fall and Tennis Masters.
    And there is one at $50 Rampage Total Destruction
    But games like that cost only $20 on the DS.

Morkula

[b][color=#356F93]Get in the Game[/color][/b]
    Years
    1. You're not in the group. You're not supposed to post in here unless you're a member of the group or waiting for approval.

2. Why wouldn't the controller come with the Wii? IT'S THE FRICKIN CONSOLE'S CONTROLLER! ><

Samurai X

La Dolce Vita
    Years
    Personaly I really don't like the way the controller looks. I hope that doesn't come with the WII

Wow.

I wouldn't say screw DS games but if I had to pick one or the other I would pick Wii right now because I really want to play it already. Although I am buying Final Fantasy III and Castlevania Portrait of Ruin, at least I plan to.

$H-GAGE$

Jumeraat hai aja!!!
    Years
    count me in

i saw this thread late i guess....
    ...im a HUGEEE fan of Nintendo and i also own a nintendo website [link in signature]

i own a GBA SP, pearl blue colour and i have LOADZZZZ of games on it...

...so count me in the club please!

Years
    • Seen Feb 16, 2020
    Well, first of all, regarding the online-only component cables, you should really see Cubetoon's comic about that. It's hilarious. Click here to see it.

And about the controller not coming with the Wii... wtf? Like Morko said, it's the frikkin console's controller. O_o That'd just be plain retarded if it wouldn't come included.

BTW I hope DS to Wii connectivity goes a step further. We've heard about the Simple Start Wi-Fi feature on the DS, which raised some suspicion some time ago. I mean, I bet there's a whole new lot of ideas to be discovered instead of just using it as a controller. Sure, I might be comparing this with the GBA-GCN link cable, but who knows?

Besides I'm liking the way Nintendo's going pretty much right now. Nintendo's released the new version of the DS to fit the Wiimote design, we've got the Wii channels, etc. We'll just have to wait and see.

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~

Buffalo State College
    Years
    Thats good that its not coming with the WII, but BTW, I'm getting 2nd thoughts that the WII should come with both the remote control and the regular controller. oh yea that comic was pretty funny

:t093:~*!*~Queen Boo~*!*~

Years
    • Seen Dec 8, 2023
    Queen Boo: The Wiimote is coming with the Wii. If you think otherwise, then I'll just laugh.

And you can use your GCN controller with it as well (but not with all the games).

And I hope you noticed what Morkula said before.

Years
    • Seen Feb 16, 2020
    Yeah, could've read my post with a little more attention.

But aside from that, regarding the GCN controller, the Wii will have backwards compatibility for all GameCube games, I believe. o_O Support for memory cards, and even the WaveBird controller.

Image of WaveBird on the Wii:
    NFC - Nintendo Fan Club

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Feb 16, 2020
    I actually don't like having the back of the Wii opening like that. I don't want to knock off that flap by mistake.

I don't think it's the back of the Wii. o_O It's the two flaps located at the top for GCN compatibility. (See the last link below)

My thoughts exactly. XD It sure does looks a little bit overbent in that picture, but hey, consider the durability of Nintendo systems! I dropped my DS Lite on concrete and I don't have a single scratch. Let's hope that even though the Wii is small, hopefully the quality of the materials and how they're tightened will be at reasonable durability.

From the videos we've seen, including Matt Casamassina's exploring of the Wii (and he confirms you're not gonna break it the first day you buy it! XD), it shows that both those flaps are to be easily opened, but meh. We'll just have to wait and see.

Last edited:

Arcanine

There is no "-tina"
    Years
    I would say 600 XD
    Meh. I like my DS, but I'll buy the Wii; when everyone's taken their chill pills and the price has lowered, I'll buy it ;)
    If you're going to wait for the Wii to go down then you'll be waiting some time. I mean it'll be at least a year and a half to two years before it goes down.

i saw this thread late i guess....
    ...im a HUGEEE fan of Nintendo and i also own a nintendo website [link in signature]

i own a GBA SP, pearl blue colour and i have LOADZZZZ of games on it...

...so count me in the club please!
    Welcome to the club $H-GAGE$.

BTW I hope DS to Wii connectivity goes a step further. We've heard about the Simple Start Wi-Fi feature on the DS, which raised some suspicion some time ago. I mean, I bet there's a whole new lot of ideas to be discovered instead of just using it as a controller. Sure, I might be comparing this with the GBA-GCN link cable, but who knows?

Besides I'm liking the way Nintendo's going pretty much right now. Nintendo's released the new version of the DS to fit the Wiimote design, we've got the Wii channels, etc. We'll just have to wait and see.
    Wow.... it works.....
    But it does make me wonder, could it be used for the Wii...

Well not only the Wiimote but the Wii itself. I mean the DSLite is nice shiny and has clean lines to it, so does the Wii.

Thats good that its not coming with the WII, but BTW, I'm getting 2nd thoughts that the WII should come with both the remote control and the regular controller. oh yea that comic was pretty funny

:t093:~*!*~Queen Boo~*!*~
    What not coming with the Wii? The component cables? I think it's a good idea, but I'm pissed that it's only sold online.
    And you do know the Classic Controller is mostly used for the VC games and maybe games like SSBB. You won't be able to play a game like Red Steel with the Classic Controller.

And you can use your GCN controller with it as well (but not with all the games).
    It's used for the GameCube games.

But aside from that, regarding the GCN controller, the Wii will have backwards compatibility for all GameCube games, I believe. o_O Support for memory cards, and even the WaveBird controller.

Image of WaveBird on the Wii:
    NFC - Nintendo Fan Club
    I don't see why it won't be ALL GC games. It's really no different then the GBC games being played on a GBA.

And if I remember right we were wondering if the WaveBird controller port thingy thing would work in there. I guess it does.

I actually don't like having the back of the Wii opening like that. I don't want to knock off that flap by mistake.
    Nor do I. I just get this feeling that I'm going to break it for some reason.....

I totally forgot these in my last few posts.

https://www.thewiire.com/news/529/1/Ubisoft_14_Titles_By_March_2007
    Nintendo so better not screw them over.... Ubi is really putting a lot into the Wii. They are riding this train in all the way. And Nintendo better not forget them when they stand up top.

https://www.gamespot.com/news/6160561.html
    https://www.gamespot.com/news/6160550.html
    https://www.gamespot.com/news/6160557.html
    Funny.....
    (Just read the header for all three links, no need to read it all)

Zelda Retrospective Part 3 is now out.

Years
    • Seen Feb 16, 2020
    Arcanine said:
    If you're going to wait for the Wii to go down then you'll be waiting some time. I mean it'll be at least a year and a half to two years before it goes down.

And I mean, consider already the price of the competition. I don't think Nintendo'll expect a price drop until they release a new version of the Wii (supposedly Nintendo ON XDD).

Arcanine said:
    Wow.... it works.....

XD Isn't it weird? It worked on my DS Lite too, but the only thing I find weird is the symbol that shows up when you tap it on the corner. What could it be? It definately isn't (IMO) something we've seen before.

Arcanine said:
    But it does make me wonder, could it be used for the Wii...

Well not only the Wiimote but the Wii itself. I mean the DSLite is nice shiny and has clean lines to it, so does the Wii.

Indeed. Initial opinions were that it has to do with a menu option integrated with the Wii, but for now, if Matt Casamassina doesn't give us any hints or tips, we'll just have to wait and see.

And regarding that design combination, indeed. The DS Lite was initally made to "mimic some of the design features of the Wii" (~English Wikipedia[/i]). While the DS Phat (XD I love that name) copied some features of the GBA SP (such as Nintendo logo on clamshell cover, and same height dimensions), the DS Lite and Game Boy Micro do indicate that Nintendo has hired someone new. XD

Arcanine said:
    What not coming with the Wii? The component cables? I think it's a good idea, but I'm pissed that it's only sold online.
    And you do know the Classic Controller is mostly used for the VC games and maybe games like SSBB. You won't be able to play a game like Red Steel with the Classic Controller.

We were talking about Queen Boo's comment saying that he thinks that the Wiimote shouldn't come with the Wii.

Arcanine said:
    I don't see why it won't be ALL GC games. It's really no different then the GBC games being played on a GBA.
    Exactly. And all retail GBA games work just fine. It's just a Game Boy inside a DS, so why not a GCN inside a Wii? XD

And rofl at those GameSpot articles. XD

Last edited:

Arcanine

There is no "-tina"
    Years
    wakachamo said:
    XD Isn't it weird? It worked on my DS Lite too, but the only thing I find weird is the symbol that shows up when you tap it on the corner. What could it be? It definately isn't (IMO) something we've seen before.
    I don't think it's something that's out anywhere.

wakachamo said:
    Indeed. Initial opinions were that it has to do with a menu option integrated with the Wii, but for now, if Matt Casamassina doesn't give us any hints or tips, we'll just have to wait and see.

And regarding that design combination, indeed. The DS Lite was initally made to "mimic some of the design features of the Wii" (~English Wikipedia[/i]). While the DS Phat (XD I love that name) copied some features of the GBA SP (such as Nintendo logo on clamshell cover, and same height dimensions), the DS Lite and Game Boy Micro do indicate that Nintendo has hired someone new. XD
    In some ways I'm glad it's only 21 days left so it might be best for us to find out many things first hand.

wakachamo said:
    We were talking about Queen Boo's comment saying that he thinks that the Wiimote shouldn't come with the Wii.
    I know what she said. But read the first part of the post (it's not about the Wiimote, and that's what I was commenting on).

Years
    • Seen Feb 16, 2020
    Arcanine said:
    I don't think it's something that's out anywhere.

Indeed. Once again, we'll just have to wait and see.

Arcanine said:
    In some ways I'm glad it's only 21 days left so it might be best for us to find out many things first hand.

Lucky you. :x I live in Europe.

Arcanine said:
    I know what she said. But read the first part of the post (it's not about the Wiimote, and that's what I was commenting on).

...XD Apologies for both you and Queen Boo.

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
    Years
    Anyone seen that video Matt (of IGN) playing with the debug version of the Wii? Goes through the menus. Really nice, really simple. I'll look for the link.

EDIT:ta-da

Last edited:
    Back