• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

NFC - Nintendo Fan Club

Years
    • Seen Dec 8, 2023
    It ain't working for me. When I click on the link for the video, I get this awesome picture of Ganon riding his horsie, with the words "ERROR 404 BANNED!"

And then some quote beneath about doing evil and that.

Years
    • Seen Feb 16, 2020
    If we ever find out. XD

Well you guys get Wii Play with every controller you buy. Over here we're still in limbo on if we're going to get that or not.

You got a point there, 'sides Wii Play is going to be a pretty good game for non-gamers. BTW has anyone seen the Aussie-Nintendo Wii Play summaru? Good description of each minigame in Wii Play, worth checking out.

Anyone seen that video Matt (of IGN) playing with the debug version of the Wii? Goes through the menus. Really nice, really simple. I'll look for the link.

EDIT:ta-da

I've seen it, and I'm downloading it. XD I believe IGN's gonna get millions of hits a day (OK maybe I'm being a little exaggerated, but meh, who cares? XD) when they do it to the channels themselves, when they update the debug unit.

Arcanine

There is no "-tina"
    Years
    Anyone seen that video Matt (of IGN) playing with the debug version of the Wii? Goes through the menus. Really nice, really simple. I'll look for the link.

EDIT:ta-da
    Wow, that stuff looks pretty darn good. I love the one friend code thing. And how you can change the sensitivity of the Wiimote, it looked pretty darn smooth (I mean like at that Wii press even where we found out the price and date, the dude had jumpy hands and it was moving all over the place shaking etc). And then you got things like the sensor bar on the top or bottom of the TV. And I'm glad he showed how the discs load (both the Wii and the GC).
    And did anyone see how fast that friggen thing booted up? I mean WOW.

Question for you smart people. If I have an HDTV do I need some other type of cables to play in widescreen (as in do I need component cables to play widescreen)?

You got a point there, 'sides Wii Play is going to be a pretty good game for non-gamers. BTW has anyone seen the Aussie-Nintendo Wii Play summaru? Good description of each minigame in Wii Play, worth checking out.

I've seen it, and I'm downloading it. XD I believe IGN's gonna get millions of hits a day (OK maybe I'm being a little exaggerated, but meh, who cares? XD) when they do it to the channels themselves, when they update the debug unit.
    If NOA doesn't give us them games with the Wiimote then I'll be pissed. XD

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
    Years
    You shouldn't. The cables will just give you progressive scan.

Donkey Kong 64 and Star Fox Adventures had a widescreen option, you didn't need special cables. Same with DVD players. The cable it just high quality picture.

Nell

Years
    • Seen Sep 2, 2009
    I wouldn't be too sure about that, the upgrade from GameCube to Revolution or Wii is quite considerable, with the focus being on the controller. I would say we won't know until the time comes.

Years
    • Seen Feb 16, 2020
    Although rumours are surfacing about a DVD-playing Wii to be released in 2007, and most are already considering this to be pretty much true, since it's coming from Edge magazine. Do note that not every console upgrade from Nintendo was considerable. I mean, think about the DS and the DS Lite. Should we be expecting a Wii Lite? Maybe, maybe not.

Arcanine

There is no "-tina"
    Years
    The next console after Wii will probably just have better graphics and a more acurrate WiiMote.
    Better graphics yes. But we don't know what Nintendo has in store for everyone after the Wii.

Although rumours are surfacing about a DVD-playing Wii to be released in 2007, and most are already considering this to be pretty much true, since it's coming from Edge magazine. Do note that not every console upgrade from Nintendo was considerable. I mean, think about the DS and the DS Lite. Should we be expecting a Wii Lite? Maybe, maybe not.
    Nintendo has said that most people own like 5 DVD players so there's no need for one in the Wii. So I'm not putting much stock into thinking the Wii will have DVD Playback.

https://gonintendo.com/?p=7577
    I think that's also crazy but might as well post it.

Years
    • Seen Feb 16, 2020
    I think it's definately got to do with WiiConnect24. Seriously. I just know Nintendo's got something awesome up their sleeves just waiting to be revealed.

Oh, and btw, regarding that DVD compatibility thing? It's only gonna be available in Japan, in 2007.

Years
    • Seen Feb 16, 2020
    This, and the new secret that's just waiting to be revealed. HAS NINTENDO STOPPED MAKING SURPRISES? NOT REALLY! 8D

*shot*

Arcanine

There is no "-tina"
    Years
    https://www.thewiire.com/news/541/1/62_Games_Before_2007

I think that's a pretty crummy VC lineup...

https://www.nintendowiifanboy.com/2006/11/01/the-wii-gets-un-boxed/
    https://thattechchick.wordpress.com/2006/11/02/wii-unboxing-photos/
    Not bad...

https://media.wii.ign.com/media/748/748589/imgs_1.html
    3 new LoZ: TP pics.

Anyway, yesterday I got Final Fantasy XII, and well.... I'm going to be busy with that. I'll pop my head in every now and then, so no need for all of you to run off and make another Nintendo club. XD

Morkula

[b][color=#356F93]Get in the Game[/color][/b]
    Years
    That was...really offtopic and spammish. >>

But yeah, the VC list is really disappointing. Especially when you compare it to Japan's. I mean, we don't even get Super Mario Bros. =/

Years
    • Seen Mar 13, 2022
    I want Brawl so bad. Playing as Pit is going to so own EVERYTHING!

Guys that can fly and have bows will rule the earth. Someday.

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
    Years
    The North American VC lineup is pathetic. Well, I guess we are getting the Wii first (and more importantly, Zelda). We can't win them all I suppose.

Still...at least Super Mario Bros.! It's you're flagship game and character, Nintendo! It made you what you are now!

Maybe they chose these games so they can be adapted to the Wii remote, or something. O_o

Arcanine

There is no "-tina"
    Years
    https://gonintendo.com/?p=7831

OH OH OH OH OH OH OH OH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It be the Super Smash Bros Brawl trailer!
    ATM GT is down, but I got to see it (I mean RIGHT before it went down) and it looks pretty darn friggen sweet. Watch it when you can, because it's real time gameplay (or so said some Nintendo person), and Fox is in it, and then you got new levels and all that sort of stuff (just watch it).

Last edited:
    Back