• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

NFC - Nintendo Fan Club

Years
    https://gonintendo.com/?p=10138
    I pretty much agree with all that in there (don't care for 2, 3, 8, or 9). I mean sure Nintendo might have rushed to get it out, and a lot of that stuff might get fixed or updated later on. But still, stuff like the messages is slow as everything (you send an email and it's there right away, send an IM, PM, or post and it's there with no or very little wait. So why is there a big gap for the Wii?)
    Yeah, its taking my Wii ages to register my e-mail, and my friends, its really annoying me, but its not essential

Trikip

Can you Handel this?
    Years
    Arcanine said:
    Exicte Truck. XD

Eventually, my friend.

What does the wrist stap look like, anyway? Does it come with the Wii?

*searches Google images*

Stevo-kun

Push to the limit, Give more!
    Years
    Well, if you have a computer, you can just use that for email, I mean, it isn't essential for you to use the Wii for it like you said, you have a computer, use that for it.

Well, I dunno what game I will get next, probably DBZ or something, I love fighting games and such, or maybe Super Monkey Ball, but, I ain't getting one yet, I have enough with Wii Sports and TP. XD

Trikip: The wrist strap is the little thing hanging off the end of the Wii-mote.

Years
    Well, if you have a computer, you can just use that for email, I mean, it isn't essential for you to use the Wii for it like you said, you have a computer, use that for it.

Well, I dunno what game I will get next, probably DBZ or something, I love fighting games and such, or maybe Super Monkey Ball, but, I ain't getting one yet, I have enough with Wii Sports and TP. XD

Trikip: The wrist strap is the little thing hanging off the end of the Wii-mote.

But its fun to use my Wii to e-mail people who want one but can't get one, curse UK shortages.
    But <3 Pre-orders Delivered on the day.

Dawson

The Rebirth Is Upon Us
    Years
    Umm...thank goodness for wrist straps. O_O

I almost lost my remote. I was playing tennis on Wii Sports and I stumbled on the carpet and woosh. Bye bye Wiimote. It would've went straight for the vase on our mantle if I wasn't using the strap.

Afterwards I thought to myself, "Oh no. I'm one of those people who throw the remotes at their TV screens."

So, let that be a lesson to you kids. Always use the wrist strap.

Or don't play on the carpet.
    Proof that the wrist strap does actually work. Though, I would've thought that playing on the carpet would've been safer than, say, wooden flooring whilst wearing socks XD

But at least you only let go whilst slipping, rather than the idiots that just threw them around acting like..well..idiots.

Dawson

The Rebirth Is Upon Us
    Years
    Yeah but, from what I heard at GAME, the Wii will be sold out from now until February at the earliest in the UK. America gets a lot more shipments than Europe as well.

Stevo-kun

Years
    Yeah but, from what I heard at GAME, the Wii will be sold out from now until February at the earliest in the UK. America gets a lot more shipments than Europe as well.
    Yes, that is probably true, but thie thing is, they've even sold out in the UK including the other shipments that will arrive at the UK before Christmas.. because they didn't have enough because of all the pre-orders. Hence why some will wait until after Christmas, even if they pre-ordered it.

Years
    Yes, that is probably true, but thie thing is, they've even sold out in the UK including the other shipments that will arrive at the UK before Christmas.. because they didn't have enough because of all the pre-orders. Hence why some will wait until after Christmas, even if they pre-ordered it.

Yeah, I have several friends that want to come over to play on my Wii.

One of my friends has his, but its a christmas present so his mum gets it, unpacks it from the box, plugs it in checks the games work then puts it all back into the box right under his nose.
    Cruel. Yes. Funny. Yes

Dawson

The Rebirth Is Upon Us
    Years
    Man..I finally got around to playing the Wii this morning (I've been really ill and bed-bound for days, with only my laptop and TV for entertainment) and I started playing Wii Sports. I was playing Wii Bowling, which is good fun but I found that the ball always seemed to swerve to the right everytime I threw it. Anyway, I was on the 9th frame when my TV broke. Not a Wiimote incident, the damn thing just frazzled. Now I have to take it to a repair shop to get it fixed before I can play it again. >.>

Arcanine

There is no "-tina"
    Years
    Umm...thank goodness for wrist straps. O_O

I almost lost my remote. I was playing tennis on Wii Sports and I stumbled on the carpet and woosh. Bye bye Wiimote. It would've went straight for the vase on our mantle if I wasn't using the strap.

Afterwards I thought to myself, "Oh no. I'm one of those people who throw the remotes at their TV screens."

So, let that be a lesson to you kids. Always use the wrist strap.

Or don't play on the carpet.
    Ouch. That wouldn't have been pretty if you didn't have your strap on.
    And Triffy, you wouldn't be one of them people that throw Wiimotes. Them people sling it like crazy. XD

Yeah, its taking my Wii ages to register my e-mail, and my friends, its really annoying me, but its not essential
    For right now I think the wait isn't that bad. Because it's not like we're in a rush to register everyone. But when online play comes around I do hope they speed that up. I mean I can add someone to Mario Kart DS, get online and race them within a min or so (there is no wait time). So I don't see why can't Nintendo do the same with the Wii.

Eventually, my friend.

What does the wrist stap look like, anyway? Does it come with the Wii?

*searches Google images*
    https://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a247/Arcanine_PC/something.jpg
    You can see it there. But all it is is a strap (much like the DS strap, just thicker).

Well, yes, that's true, but aren't there shortages everywhere and not just in the UK?
    The Wii is pretty much sold out everywhere in the world and still tons and tons and tons of people want them. You got shortages everywhere around the world. I know people IRL and online that lives in North America (we get the most shipments I think) and yet they still don't have a Wii.
    Oh and to add to that. This should make all the UK fokes happy. XD
    https://www.nintendowiifanboy.com/2006/12/12/uk-aftermath-wii-is-fastest-selling-console-ever/

Man..I finally got around to playing the Wii this morning (I've been really ill and bed-bound for days, with only my laptop and TV for entertainment) and I started playing Wii Sports. I was playing Wii Bowling, which is good fun but I found that the ball always seemed to swerve to the right everytime I threw it. Anyway, I was on the 9th frame when my TV broke. Not a Wiimote incident, the damn thing just frazzled. Now I have to take it to a repair shop to get it fixed before I can play it again. >.>
    You wouldn't happen to be left handed would you?
    Because when I throw the ball it curves to the left. And it does the same when I go bowling IRL. The Wii/mote picks up the tilt really good (that's why to me the bowling feels so great).

This is for you TP players.
    https://gonintendo.com/?p=10252

I thought I'd bring this up again. Ever since the TP rating on GameSpot I lost all faith in their Wii ratings (and it has went down down down since then because many of the other Wii games they review also gets low scores).
    https://gonintendo.com/?p=10221

And I'm not sure if I posted about this or not. But it's about the next Zelda game for the Wii (yes, they are already working on another Zelda game). And a little something on Phantom Hourglass.
    https://www.nintendowiifanboy.com/2006/12/11/new-zelda-for-wii-already-deep-in-development/

Dawson

The Rebirth Is Upon Us
    Years
    You wouldn't happen to be left handed would you?
    Because when I throw the ball it curves to the left. And it does the same when I go bowling IRL. The Wii/mote picks up the tilt really good (that's why to me the bowling feels so great).
    Yeah, I am left handed. But I've even tried twisting the Wiimote as I'm throwing but still no luck. Maybe it just needs a bit more practice
    And I'm not sure if I posted about this or not. But it's about the next Zelda game for the Wii (yes, they are already working on another Zelda game). And a little something on Phantom Hourglass.
    https://www.nintendowiifanboy.com/2006/12/11/new-zelda-for-wii-already-deep-in-development/
    No surprise about either Zelda game. It wouldn't be a Zelda game without crippling delays. Though, I read in a Nintendo magazine that Miyamoto wants to make another console game with Wind Waker-esque graphics. But I don't know whether that's the next Zelda game or what.

Stevo-kun

Years
    Oh, my bad, well, even if another Wii Zelda game is in production, it's really unlikely that it will be out next year.. I mean, it took them this long to make TP, if they want to top that, I say there will atleast be a 2 year wait.

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
    Years
    I wasn't as impressed with Twilight Princess as I was hoping I'd be. OoT, MM, and even aspects of TWW surpass TP for me. However, I am expecting big things from the Wii Zelda title. The first true Zelda title.

Prior to it being officially acknowledge that there would be a Wii version of TP, Miyamoto said that TP would be the last Zelda game as we currently know it. And...I doubt that he was talking about the control scheme that we saw in TP. This new title has been in development for a year. Miyamoto made that comment after development had started.

Ooo, I can't wait to see what they've done.

Better audio, better visuals, a nonlinear overworld map, return of free camera control, quick spins, Link, Zelda, and Ganon as main characters, actually mentioning the word "Triforce". I would'vel iked to see all that in TP. But, I didn't. I absolutely need that in the next one.

But I want to see what they're going to do if it's going to be radically different. The next OoT hopefully, and not just in a fanservicey way like TP was. I'm hoping that we'll see something revolutionary just like OoT and SM64 was before it.

I see it like this... NES and SuperNES. Two generations of 2D. NES was revolutionary. Original Zelda was revolutionary.

N64 and GCN. Two generations of 3D games. N64 was revolutionary. OoT was revolutionary.

Wii+. It's time for something new from Zelda once again.

I'm hoping it won't be five year, but I'm good with 10 if it means it'll be perfect. But...I suspect...three?

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
    Years
    Miyamoto said that Twilight Princess would be the last Zelda game in the form that we currently know it in. So...for example OoT was a huge jump from Link's Awakening (although Link's Awakening was not the last 2D Zelda title). The next Wii Zelda title should be a huge leap from what Twilight Princess was. I think that somewhere down that line we'll continue to have 3D Zelda like we currently have, just not on the consoles. I'd love for 2D and 3D Zelda to co-exist on the DS.

TP is not the last Zelda game. There's simply just going to be a big change, like there was with OoT. Or...there should be a big change, unless Nintendo chnaged they're mind.

Morkula

[b][color=#356F93]Get in the Game[/color][/b]
    Years
    I've got a question, Triffy. Not meaning to sound rude, but how much of TP have you actually played? Because I'm really not seeing all that much that you're complaining about.

If you actually get into the game and get towards the middle portion, a lot of your complaints get addressed and the game really starts to pick up.

Back