• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

NFC - Nintendo Fan Club

Years
    I realize, but it still looks really cool. :< And it's neck exercise! As soon as they get Nunchuk compatibility, it'll be golden.

Yoshistar64

Kanrinin-saaannnnnn!!!
    Years
    I'm not so sure that Helm would work. I mean, you would look even sillier by waving your neck around. I don't even think it's compatible with most games, don't you think?

Example: WarioWare: Smooth Moves tells you to pose "The Janitor", or "The Chaffeur".

Awkward, right?

Yoshistar64

Kanrinin-saaannnnnn!!!
    Years
    Yeah, That 8-bit is pretty cool... I want one to take to a wedding.

As for the pedal, I also doubt its use. I just have negative vibes with it... *shiver*

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
    Years
    ...I am not afraid to admit that I like the Super Mario Bros. movie. It may have little to do with the games aside from character names but it is an enjoyable and cheesy romp. It is so bad that is good. XD A cult classic. Even if I'm the only one in that cult. Lol

I love all the Mario references on sinage and character designs. The masks they wear at the garbage dump? Snifits.

Years
    • Seen Mar 13, 2022
    I am back to remind Andy that I am second in command, and rightfully so.

And Trif, you probably are the only one in that cult. I'm embarrassed about the movie.

Morkula

[b][color=#356F93]Get in the Game[/color][/b]
    Years
    Nope. I am. :x

Am I the only one who's never seen the Super Mario Bros. movie? It looks disturbing. Can't be any worse than the LoZ cartoons though... XD

Years
    Excuuuse me, Princess Morkie-chan, but those are classics. I grew up watching those on TV, even going as far as to tape them. And the Mario cartoons. Sure, looking back, they were cheesy, but I still love them. ♥

Years
    • Seen Dec 8, 2023
    ... I hate that video *shudders* XD

Anywho, I think I have the movie lying around the house somewhere. Or maybe it's the second one XD

I think I'm gonna look for it tonight XD

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
    Years
    Don't dis the Zelda cartoons! I have them on DVD complete with Ganon's animation cell floating off the screen. XD

I'm telling you Mork, the Mario movie is not a bad movie, well...kinda. It just has nothing to do with the Mario name at all. As a movie, it does suck but in a good way. Its so cheesy and bad that its good. Or something.

I like it darn it. The worst thing about it is the opening animation. It looks like it was done on MS Paint. And the special effects in general. It is a dinosaur movie. It came out in 1993. What else fits that category? Jurassic Park which completely blew it away with special effects. T_T;

And the Zelda cartoons are interesting. I like the music, but some episodes are really out there. Like Link turning into a frog. But again, its mostly just a fun cheesy romp.

And you probably wouldn't like either of them if you didn't watch them as a kid. Its all great nostalgia for me.

Yoshistar64

Kanrinin-saaannnnnn!!!
    Years
    Hehe... That Mario movie was totally random, which is why I kinda liked it. I didn't really watch the whole movie though. Like TRIFORCE said, it had nothing to do with Mario. The Goombas are a prime example. I hate those shrunken heads.....

There was a Zelda cartoon? Coooooool.

In my opinion, Movies should be made into games, not vice-versa. It screws up the games reputation. Movie-games are generally horrible, but game-movies are even worse.

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
    Years
    Well...most game-to-movie adaptations have simply been cash grabs. "ZOMG This game is popular. Let's turn into a movie! $$". I firmly believe that video games movies will have their day. If you stay true to the source material and respect the fans. However, at the same time you have to realize that their is a greater audience besides the fanbase. You must appeal to both. I want to see a Zelda movie that either closely follows the plot of one game or deviates without lossing the spirit of the game or contradicting the game.

Arcanine

There is no "-tina"
    Years
    No, you think you took my spot, but you didn't. Period.
    Last I looked my name is still next to the "Owner/Founder" spot on the main page. And until that changes (don't think it'll happen anytime soon) I'm still left in charge, and still pick the Co-Owners for the NFC. So yea...

Excuuuse me, Princess Morkie-chan, but those are classics. I grew up watching those on TV, even going as far as to tape them. And the Mario cartoons. Sure, looking back, they were cheesy, but I still love them. ♥
    I could only take around 20 secs of that... XD

Speaking of shows and cartoons. I remember I used to watch the Mario cartoon.... feels like it's been years since it was on the air..... oh wait it has. XD

https://www.thewiire.com/news/687/1/New_Umbrella_Chronicles_RE4_Wiimake_Details
    This will make you RE4 fans happy... lets just see how much they update it. And what mini-games they'll throw in. XD

Morkula

Years
    I'm so sick of frickin last-gen ports to Wii. Give us some new games instead of porting crap from last gen. Even if RE4 is so "OMG AWESOME" (never played it, wouldn't know), it's still been released twice before.

Paul, you're not co-owner. Deal with it. And stop spamming up the NFC with posts like that. :x

Arcanine

There is no "-tina"
    Years
    I do agree. The last gen ports need to stop. I mean RE4 Wii might get lots of sells (RE4 big title for the GC), but it's still a last gen port like many other Wii games. They need to cut out the ports and get to working on real new games. If they keep it up everyone will be saying "See, it's just a GameCube with a new controller. All they got on the Wii is just last gen games.", and not just the Sony/MS fanboys....

Morkula

Years
    It's the truth. I'm actually starting to get worried that the Wii's going to turn out to be another Gamecube with nothing but really first-party games with little to no third-party support once all the last-gen ports are done. Basically all we're getting is crappy last-gen ports and minigame collections. I'm actually kinda disappointed in the Wii so far - I barely even use it anymore. =/

Yoshistar64

Kanrinin-saaannnnnn!!!
    Years
    Ummm, Morkula, do you have any GOOD games for the Wii? I play it because I always know there is something more to do. Example: Excite Truck. So much trucks and difficulties to unlock.

There will be third party support or I'm smart. They all promised at E3. Too bad I have to agree with the minigame collections.

Years
    A Wii remake of RE4 would be pretty cool, but I agree. It's a last-gen game, which means that the Wii controls will feel tacked on, as they sometimes do in TP. I'm kind of disappointed with all three consoles, to be honest. o_o; The games I play nowadays are RPGs on the PS2. I feel like there won't be a wealth of them in the next gen, because there certainly isn't right now. There are a few games to look forward to on the Wii , and I do enjoy the Virtual Console, but there's nothing that interests me on the PS3 or the 360. Are there games on either that you guys really like?

Back