• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

NFC - Nintendo Fan Club

Morkula

[b][color=#356F93]Get in the Game[/color][/b]
    Years
    ^I'm sure Halo 3 will be the best game ever "without a doubt" just because it's "OMGHALO", even though you've never played it before. Right? >>

I'm with Abby. Right now my PS2 is my main console, and I can see it actually being my main console through most of this gen. There's a lot of games I missed on the PS2 (and a few on the GC) that I can go back and catch up on.

I'm not all that impressed with the 360, PS3, or the Wii, and I'm not seeing many games that I want coming for either of them. Super Smash Bros. Brawl, Super Mario Galaxy, and Final Fantasy XIII are just about the only announced games I'm really interested in so far. RPGs especially seem to be slack this gen.

Morkula

[b][color=#356F93]Get in the Game[/color][/b]
    Years
    MySims looks like total crap. PBR is really nothing but a 3D battlefield for Diamond/Pearl. Haven't seen too much on Dewey's Adventure yet, but from what I've seen it doesn't look all that great.

Legacy

The Living Legend
    Years
    • Seen Nov 16, 2009
    ^I'm sure Halo 3 will be the best game ever "without a doubt" just because it's "OMGHALO", even though you've never played it before. Right? >>
    Or, it could be to do with the fact that Halo 1 was a bonafide classic and Halo 2 was also an awesome game. And, given how they're being made by the same developer but on a next gen console, the final game in the trilogy looks set to be an absolute stormer of a game.

Yoshistar64

Kanrinin-saaannnnnn!!!
    Years
    Well, we all have different opinions, in this case me and you are very different.

The reason I like these games are because I need a little diversity in life. "It's a new day, but it all feels old, it's a good life, that's what im told. But everything it all just feels the same...."-The Anthem, Good Charlotte. Complies with my life.

Absolitude

Disaster in Absol clothing
    Years
    I hate Halo only because it's Microsoft owned...the next gen isn't that next gen at all. I wouldn't get a wii, or even a ps3 if i didn't already have about 25 of my specially made mods for it. Warranty, or not, i want the most out of my wii experience.

parallelzero

chelia.blendy
    Years
    No, Halo is like every other FPS. Been there, done that, its not that great. Not to mention you didn't provide any reasons as to why "Halo 1 was a bonafide classic". And please, don't give me sales numbers or anything. I want to know what makes it so "classic" since everything about it is ripped off of other FPSs.

MySims, I think I may get down the line. As crappy as it seems, I think it might be kinda fun in its own little way. XD

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
    Years
    I'm going to pick up Super Paper Mario eventually. It is a GCN port like TP, but...that's how it is. I don't mind unreleased GCN games ending up on the GCN. The remote originally started as an extra for the GCN, and the Wii is basically a GCN. I do mind when games are simply released like RE4.

I want to play Smash, Metroid, Mario Galaxy, etc. But we're lucky if we see any of those by year's end. T_T; I might pick up Big Brain Academy too, but again - it's not new. The Wii's control scheme is very similar to the DS, so I'm not expecting anything unique from the Wii version.

I'm still playing TP, Wii Sports, and Wario Ware constantly. I am dissapointed with Sonic (I would be dissapointed with Wii Play if I didn't know it was crummy to begin with, but I did). I love the Everybody Votes Channel.

I wouldn't say that I'm dissapointed. I would rather have these big title games come out as late as possible to ensure perfection. I don't want another Zelda Wii game until 2013. So, it is a double edge sword. I want new titles to come frequently, but I also want them to spend the time to create a great game that utilizes the Wii to its full potential.

The third parties are annoying me. A lot of launch lineup was cheap movie and TV show tie-ins. Or GCN ports. I wish Nintendo would bring back the "Seal of Quality" and prevent truly horrible games from gracing their systems, but they need the third party support. They can't risk ticking them off (again). Their support is rising, and hopefully the third parties will turn out something good.

I am not dissapointed with the WFC. We all knew when we bought our Wiis that this wasn't on the top of Nintendo's list. We all had experience with the DS. We knew how this was going to turn out. Its saddening, but I didn't find it surprising.

When the GCN was released I was pumped for Pikmin. I don't have this feeling with the Wii. I want a new franchise. Something that makes use of the Wii, like Pikmin made use of the GCN (with the amount of characters on screen at one time).

I don't regret buying the Wii. I think this is an important generation. 360 and Wii. Two very different views on gaming (PS3 just completely missed the mark). The "winner" by the end of this could potentially change the way we play games. Even before the Wii was released Sony added the Six-Axis, and now the 360 is getting tilt functions. So, I think Nintendo does have something here. The public loves it. We have numerous non-Nintendo developer quotes that praise it. And yet, we haven't seen anything fruitiful come from it yet.

Look back at the DS. The first year and a half or so was slow. It had the same challenges as the Wii. It came out with lots of GBA ports. The launch title was an N64 port for crying out loud. But, now? The DS is awesome. I love it. The way developers approached it, and what they're doing now...I think we just need to give the Wii some time. If by the end of the year we aren't playing anything worth-while or if nothing like that is announced, then I'll be worried.

I'm looking forward to Beautiful Katamari.

And, I don't want My Sims. Because it isn't the Sims. The Sims doesn't sell well in Japan, so Maxis is trying to appeal to them. This is a Sims version of Harvest Moon or Animal Crossing. I'd rather play Animal Crossing.

Yoshistar64

Kanrinin-saaannnnnn!!!
    Years
    That came out perfectly, TRIFORCE. You know that essay there? That's exactly my story. I can't say it like you did. We're all different, but our likes are the same. Cool,eh?

Samurai X

La Dolce Vita
    Years
    I'm not disappointed with the 360 really. I guess you could say that I'm somewhat disappointed with the Wii but the 360 was also having a rough time around this time but all is good now, at least for me. I'm disappointed with the PS3 for obvious reasons but I do like Virtua Fighter and Motorstorm is almost like Excite Truck on the PS3 but it's really good. I like Halo, I think it's one of the best FPS out there besides Half Life. It really doesn't do anything new I guess but everything is just done right and when most people say Halo rocks most of the time it's regarding the multiplayer and not the actual campaign mode although that's quite good too. Whatever people say I think Halo is very fun. That's what a game should be, fun, it doesn't matter what type of game it is.

Anyways, I think this gen is just starting off really slow and that one year head start the 360 had is paying off. Twilight Princess is my favorite game of this generation followed by Gears of War and GRAW. The Wii is trying something totally new, the 360 is on more of a traditional path and the PS3 seems to be trying to mix both of them and failing miserably. Games I'm looking forward to are: Super Mario Galaxy, SSBB, Metroid Prime 3, Beautiful Katamari, Bioshock, Halo 3, MGS4 and FF XIII. I'm sure there are more I forgot.

Arcanine

There is no "-tina"
    Years
    Oh oh Halo.... Here comes a Halo rant. XD

I don't see what's so good about Halo, I think it's overrated, I think it's hyped up far too much for it's on good, and for the life of me can't see why it's like the highest rated game of all time by people.
    And before anyone starts to say "You likely never played a Halo game", thank you very much for reading this list.
    And since we're already on the topic of "Halo" I'm going to go off on my "Why Halo won't save the 360" rant.

Halo 3 won't save the XBox 360. I can't put it more simple then that.
    Halo is said to be the better of the two (that's out right now). It has higher ratings and so on. Yet the great game of all time has less sells then Super Smash Bros Melee. Halo 2 does beat out SSBM by 2 million sells. But even then looks like the numbers should be far higher then 8 million. 3 DS games (Counting Nintendogs as one game) has already beat the sells number of Halo 2. That should say something. Pokemon D/P only 6 months out and Japan only is already nipping at the heels of Halo. And this is the game that is said to save the 360 from losing it's place at the top of the console wars this gen? I don't see tons and tons of people running out and buying Halo 3 if they didn't already own a Halo game before hand. And them people who do say "Blah, I'll just go buy Halo 3 for the heck of it" aren't going to be people who don't already own a 360. So I don't see tons and tons of sells coming off of Halo 3's launch.
    I know lots of people like Halo, but I can't see why it's so well liked, and I can't see Halo 3 being the reason for leaving the Wii or PS3 in the dust.

Now that that's over. XD

Abby said:
    Are there games on either that you guys really like?
    You mean that's out right now? Or that's coming out soon? I'll just list both.

Wii own (that I like to play): Rayman, Excite Truck
    Wii want: Super Smash Brothers Brawl, Super Mario Galaxy, Metroid Prime 3, Pokemon Battle Revolution, Red Steel 2, WarioWare, Mario Party 8, Paper Mario (maybe.... XD), others

360 own: GRAW/2, Dead or Alive 4
    360 want: Battlefield: Bad Company, Lost Planet, others

PS3 want: Final Fantasy XIII, Final Fantasy versus XIII, Tekken 5: Dark Resurrection, Tekken 6, Warhawk, Kingdom Hearts 3 (I still want it on the PS3 as well as the Wii XD), others (I think.....)

Oh and since this reminded me, congrats on going PSWii60 Sam X.

https://gonintendo.com/?p=15743
    A little something on the PSP.

https://www.1up.com/do/previewPage?pager.offset=1&cId=3158524
    Now this is something to do with Pokemon. Yea most of us know what's going to be on D/P. But I thought I'd post it anyway. On top of that, there's something wrong with a line in that article, it stuck out for me as soon as I went by it. But I wonder how many of you will see what I'm talking about.

Years
    I haven't posted here in a while >>

Mario Strikers Charged is gunna be online, and its out before PBR in europe, so I'm guessing nintendo threw away their 'PBR being first online game' thing, but I'm still psyched about the fact europe get online before NA.

Anyway, Halo is fun, but its not worthy of the 'HOMGHALOINEEDITNOW' praise it gets, sure halo 3 looks good, but doesn't mean it will be.

I remember when people were saying 'the DS' touch screen is a gimmick' now people are saying it about the wii controller, the wii is going through the cycle that Triforce mentioned, eventually, games like galaxy, brawl and the original stuff that other developers are working on (no more heroes, deweys adventure, My sims, oopona etc) and I'm sure there are titles in the works that we haven't heard of yet, someone from another boards I go to, went to the SSX Blur launch party, and EA had Wii's playing Blur and an original game that they hadn't shown to the public yet, and all the people there were put under embargo, and can't talk about it in public, EA have shown huge support for the wii. The thing is though, games can take ages to devlop, I mean look at Twilight princess, that was announced at E3 2004 (I think)? and we get it at the end of 2006, the same with Phantom hourglass, thats gunna take a while to be released.

Absolitude

Disaster in Absol clothing
    Years
    The link doesn't work for me. @_@ Why does it seem like everyone has gotten a Phoenix rights game a thingamajig sig, and avy? It's just strange to see so much of one guy. @_@

Samurai X

La Dolce Vita
    Years
    I'm tired of reading that list already. It's been on too many magazines and sites. The one thing that this list has that isn't other ones is "Creating the Wii". I don't really get what he means by saying it will only last one generation, don't all consoles only last one generation? If he means that Nintendo won't make a better version of the Wii for next gen then he is wrong because Nintendo already said they would. Then he said that if they make a Wii 2 with better graphics then that would go against the "graphics don't matter" thing. I could be wrong but I don't think Nintendo ever said that graphics don't matter, only that gameplay is more important so they were going to focus more on delivering gameplay.

Anyways, there is a Japanese release date set for Phantom Hourglass. June 23rd I believe but GoNintendo isn't up right now for some reason, but I do have the scan of Famitsu from where they got it from. Also, Gamestop leaked the supposed NA release date of October 1st for Phantom Hourglass along with some other release dates and apparently the Assassins Creed on DS rumor is true. Here is the link to the DSFanboy page, make sure to click on the image so you can see some other release dates. I don't know if I would trust Gamestop though...

Edit: There is also a Wii list. The Wii list leaves out some important games though, like Super Mario Galaxy, Super Smash Bros Brawl and Metroid Prime 3. Some other ones not listed are Disaster: DoC, Project Hammer, and Fire Emblem. I hope that list is wrong just because I want those games sooner rather than later. Unless of course, that extra time pays off and they deliver something nearly perfect or at least very very good.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Feb 16, 2020
    ^What would you expect? Journalism's that way. People might complain about a story that you included, but if you don't it gets even worse. The fandom's in a constant competition to get the news first, and it won't stop so soon either.

And personally, I don't believe in that list so much. Either I get a press release directly from Nintendo, or this is just a plan for somebody to get all the credits and get famous over a piece of paper with made-up dates. Btw Famitsu also had the Japanese release date for Ouendan 2, which I believe is May 17th. Pretty soon, no?

Samurai X

La Dolce Vita
    Years
    If it comes from Famitsu, you can trust it. Case closed. :x

I think he was referring to the Gamestop list. I wouldn't trust them either but I do know that some dates on the list are right, not all of them but some of them are. They always have those lists when you pre-order something and so far they have been right all the time.

Arcanine

There is no "-tina"
    Years
    Diamond and Pearl coming out in a few days, who here is hyped for that? XD

I think I'll keep this short, seeing how I have nothing to post on. XD (strike that, I put that in before I got any of this started and this post is far from short XD)

https://gonintendo.com/?p=16343
    Final Fantasy XIII or a XIII spin-off on the Wii or DS? Hm.... Not sure about this one.

https://archive.salon.com/tech/log/2000/10/27/playstation_rant/index.html
    I think this is a very very very strange read... This is something someone said about the PS2 last gen. Saying the PS2 is over priced, saying no one will buy the PS2 because of a DVD player, saying the PS2 doesn't have any good games, saying no one will buy a PS2 when the GameCube and XBox come out, and so on and so on. I saw this on GS forums and my jaw dropped, I don't think history is going to go the same way it did with the PS2. But wow, all the stuff listed on there sounds sooooooo much like the way the PS3 has it now.

https://ds.ign.com/articles/781/781369p1.html
    Something Robo gave me. I haven't read it all, he said IGN says D/P is pretty much the same old same old Pokemon game(s). To me, if it is the same old same old then I'm happy. For the base of the Pokemon handheld games how much has it changed since Red and Blue?

https://www.games-digest.com/2007/04/is_wii_or_the_p.html
    When it comes to console web browsers is it the full ver of the Wii Opera browser or the PS3 web browser? (sorry, I don't have a clue on the PS3 browser so it can't be fancy like the Wii's long name XD)

https://gonintendo.com/?p=16390
    I was wondering about this myself. I don't look at NP every month (I wish I got it) but I do know they have been listing out characters. And I've been wondering what will happen with the edition after the last character is listed. So maybe we'll have a new SSBB character on our hands soon.

Now before I get into this next part (because it is going to be on the heavy side of this post), it's going to be about the VT shooting. I just want to say my heart goes out to the families of the students there. Ones who had kids or friends there that was effected by the shootings. I know in Robo's case it sort of his close to home because one of his friends goes there (his friend is ok, but it's one of them "What if?" things).
    And I also would like to keep political stuff out of this (because some of you might think gun control, or say you hate Rush Limbaugh due to his political views, lets just try to keep this within the range of gaming. I see them sort of comments on GoNintendo and Kotaku and it's just best if we stay away from that).

In case any of you didn't know both Jack Thompson and Dr. Phil has blamed the shooting on video games.
    GoNintendo talking about Jack.
    Vid of Jack talking about it on Fox (well audio)
    Dr. Phil talking about it.

I'm going to start off with Phil because he isn't in the news all the time when it comes to bringing down gaming.
    I don't think (more like I know) Dr. Phil doesn't know what he's talking about. True games might play a part in a shooting, a beating or whatever if the person is messed up in the mind. They'll play a game and say "Hey that looks fun, I want to go beat someone up.". But the thing is, games aren't to blame for that, games aren't the starter for this school shooting (or any other school shooting). If the person is a retard or has a mental illness then you can't blame games for that person going out and killing others. I blame the parents for buying a game like that for their kid, or not looking at what the kid plays (if the kid isn't in his right mind they shouldn't let him go play anything and everything). And that's where Doc. Phil is wrong, games aren't to blame for violence, the kid is already messed up in the first place.

Jack Thompson,..... This made me flat out sick when I heard about it. I read the story on GoNintendo and Jorfe told me he was on the news a few hours after the shooting blaming games. Jack was on the news saying games are to blame and we knew nothing about the shooter, we didn't know who he was, what he looked like or anything like that. But Jack was out there saying games are to blame. And that makes me sick because he was using this tragedy to push his agenda to get rid of all games. I bet 20 bucks that when the cops went to this guys house they found a PS2, or a 360 or some other console with GTA or some shooter or some M rated game in there (I got a 360, a PS2, I got shooters and M rated games on both, many many people do). And 20 bucks says Jack will use that later on when pushing his point again "See, this is the worst school shooting and we found GTA and M rated shooters in his home. These are the kind of games that's killing kids all around America.". And people will believe him, doesn't matter if he started off guessing and making things up when it came to this shooting, he will be held as a person who was right. Like I said, it is sickening how he used the deaths of them people to push his point. He didn't wait a few days to find out the story behind it, he was on the news within a few hours blaming games for the school shooting. I do give him points for getting out there and trying his best to push his point on everyone, but what he did was sick. Just because a person owns GTA or owns a shooter doesn't make that person some evil killer who wants to go kill people just because they can. Some of my friends owns GTA, they go to church. I go to church and as I said I own M rated games and shooters (some M rated). Does this mean I'm going to go out and shoot someone or kill someone just for the fun of it? How many of you own Resident Evil 4, or GTA, or any other M rated game? Do any of you feel like going out and killing some random people? What Jack Thompson, Dr. Phil, and the other people who things games = violence, what they fail to understand is there are millions and millions and millions of gamers out there. Games doesn't have some hidden code in there that flips a switch in your brain that makes you go out and kill a bunch of people. Games don't brainwash people into thinking "Killing is fun...". I don't care who says "games are to blame", they are flat out wrong and don't know squat about violence in games. It goes back to the parents and/or the person playing them games (if the person is messed up in the mind that is why).

And to back my point up here is something Rush Limbaugh said on his radio show (agree with his political views or not, most if not all of you should agree with what he has to say when it comes to the gaming parts).
    https://kotaku.com/gaming/rush-limbaugh/limbaugh-games-arent-to-blame-253132.php

I bet that caller was listening to what Jack had to say on the matter. And I totally agree with Rush, not every video gamer out there goes out and kills 33 people just to do it. But you'll have people like Jack and the Drive-Bys (I know you non listeners might be confused by that term. Drive-By is a term he uses to list the news outlets that'll just throw anything in the news as fast as they can, without checking facts and so on) saying that games are to blame for this.
    And another point he makes is right "If you start blaming the video games, you may as well demand video game control". What does Jack really want? He wants all games (or at least violent and M rated games) taken out of homes, taken out of the hands of kids and teens (hell even adults). In other words he (or someone like him) has to be the final say so in what games gets to the streets. Where it should be up to the parents on what games their kids can and can't play. They want to be in control and tell everyone else what they can and can't play.
    And some of you may be thinking "Well this doesn't effect me, I don't play M rated games and Nintendo's stuff is safe.", who's to say they can't get rid of Mario for killing turtles and tells kids it's ok to eat wild mushrooms? Or say Pokemon promotes slavery and having wild animals battle to the death just for the enjoyment of the trainer? I know it sounds very very stupid, but so does blaming games for killings all around. If they can blame games for something as bad as a school shooting and get away with it then they can also get away with little things that many haven't thought about (as I said, Mario or Pokemon).

I know that was a long rant (and I haven't had one of them in ages). But I am a big big gamer, and I really really hate to see games tied to something as bad and as tragic as a school shooting. Sure maybe some game made the shooter feel "better" about killing, but games aren't to blame for this happening. Taking away all shooters isn't going to stop shootings, taking away all racers out there isn't going to stop people from speeding, taking away all M rated games isn't going to stop killings, and taking away all games isn't going to solve all the problems of the world. I know some people believe so but I know it isn't true, and that's why I feel so strong on this matter.

Back