• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

NFC - Nintendo Fan Club

Nell

Years
    • Seen Sep 2, 2009
    Congrats Sir Andy Puppypants.
    He's been playing Zelda and Red Steel, apparently~

Trikip

Can you Handel this?
    Years
  • Puppypants?

Get away from me. o.O

XD Just kidding.

Seems like you really like your Wii, Andy.

Years
    • Seen Feb 16, 2020
    ...I'd just like to say that I had a chance at trying out Zelda on a Wii Kiosk! Only 3 frikkin' days left! </Wiispam>

Nell

Years
    • Seen Sep 2, 2009
    I think I'll have a WiiSPASM if I keep viewing this chatter. All my friends ae going to get one..... so meh. *cough NZ IS SLOW cough*

Years
  • The only people who break the straps are people who play the Wii 24/7.

Also the Wii sold 371,936 in Japan over the weekend https://www.thestar.com/NASApp/cs/ContentServer?pagename=thestar/Layout/Article_Type1&c=Article&pubid=968163964505&cid=1165316586823&col=968705923364&call_page=TS_Business&call_pageid=968350072197&call_pagepath=Business/News

The PS3 sold 88,400 over two days in Japan.
    australianit.news.com.au/articles/0,7204,20754579%5E15317%5E%5Enbv%5E,00.html -

And the Xbox 360 sold 62,135 in over tthe weekend in Japan last year.
    https://www.cnet.com.au/games/xbox360/0,239035744,240059021,00.htm

Who is going to win?

Morkula

[b][color=#356F93]Get in the Game[/color][/b]
    Years
  • Well, if you haven't heard yet...yes, I got a Wii. XD

TP's frickin awesome. And I actually had my dad playing Wii Sports and enjoying it tonight. Although he was swinging that controller dangerously close to my face... XD

Dawson

The Rebirth Is Upon Us
    Years
  • I'll have to wait until Friday morning before I finally get my Wii. I haven't decided on what game(s) I'll be getting with it. LoZ: Twilight Princess seems almost definite though. I was hoping for Excite Truck too, but that isn't released over here until next February.

Years
    • Seen Feb 16, 2020
    I still desperately want one. I'm getting one in just less than 1 day and a half...! A Wii, an extra Wii Remote, and Twilight Princess. GO FASTER, TIEM. D:

Nell

Years
    • Seen Sep 2, 2009
    Hmm.... I tried bribing my mother to let me go to my friend's house to play the Wii but NO WE WAIT UNTIL THE WEEKNEDS! *grumble* He says Zelda's awesome and I think he's trying to taunt me DX

Arcanine

There is no "-tina"
    Years
  • Well I'm back. No one missed me right? XD
    Well a little update on the Wii game list. I now have 4 Wii games (counting Wii Sports), yesterday we (me and my brother) went to Wal-Mart and picked up Excite Truck and an SD Card (that puts me $190 dollars in the hole XD). The game is pretty good, sure it take a little getting used to (at first you'll turn too far), but once you do you'll like it and it feels good.

TOLD YOU YOU'D GET ONE BEFORE ME

But I'm happy for ya, enjoy it massively alot or something

EDIT: page 99 :O almost 100
    Thanks, it truely is a revolution. I can't wait till everyone in the NFC grabs a Wii.

You guys, I have some bad news and some worse news. :(

The bad news is that apparently they're has been reports of people that are losing grip on their wii controllers and it flies out of their hand, smashing tv's and other things too.

The worse news is, the wrist strap breaks off easily! O_o

https://videogames.yahoo.com/ongoingf...=494785&page=0

https://www.wiihaveaproblem.com/
    It's only because people are being crazy with the Wiimote.
    Matt from IGN (the guy who reviewed TP, and like a ton of other Wii games) invited people in to play the Wii (these are non gamers). They all had fun, but one person was slinging the Wiimote like crazy. It slipped out of her hand and smashed into the wall. Now this was the first time they've had a broken strap and they've had it for a month or more (Robo might know how long Matt had one). Now Why did the strap break? It was because she was going crazy with the Wiimote. And who is to blame for the strap breaking? That would be the person who was holding it.

Congratulations Andy. I was gonna say that you'll probably be able to sleep easier now that you have a Wii..but I doubt you'll be getting much sleep at all for a few days/weeks/months (delete as applicable)

The only way that people are going to have a problem with flying Wiimotes is if they're stupid enough to be holding it loosely whilst swinging like a demented psychopath. The Wiimote is no different to holding any other object in your hand and moving it around. Keep a firm grip and be sensible with your arm movements and then you wont have a problem. Common sense really.
    What's shocking is, I'm not losing much sleep. I'm catching up on the lost sleep I lost over the past 2 weeks. Not kidding, before I used to go to bed at 3 or 4 am because I'd be talking to Robo on MSN about the Wii (talking about wanting one XD). Now I go to bed at 2, so I'm catching up on my sleep. XD

I'm jealous, of you, Andy. :/

But I'm also happy for you! ^_^ I plan to get my Wii sometime after Christmas when I have more money.

Oh! And I found one of my Christmas presents; Naruto Clash of Ninja. I'm so happy!
    You shouldn't be jealous of me, others in the NFC had the Wii far longer then me. XD

I was hoping to get a nice big HDTV for the Wii (to play in at least 480p) with my birthday and Christmas money. But I don't think that's happening any time soon (not unless the TV I want goes on sell or something).

Congrats Andy! What have you been playing the most of so far?
    The most I've been playing is Red Steel and Wii Sports. I know what you're thinking "WTF? It should be Twilight Princess.". And you're right, it should be. But I just have this "I got to beat some other game first." feeling, and I know what game it is. It's Final Fantasy XII (I still haven't beat it), and sadly I don't think I'll be able to get into TP before I do (because both are long games, the others I got are level games or pick up and play games).

Congrats Sir Andy Puppypants.
    He's been playing Zelda and Red Steel, apparently~
    Thanks. And Red Steel is one. XD

Puppypants?

Get away from me. o.O

XD Just kidding.

Seems like you really like your Wii, Andy.
    Yea, "Andypants" was a name that Kura gave me. And some on PC has been calling me "Puppy" (due to my avy/banner), so it's a mix.

Yea, I do like the Wii a lot. It's far better then what I thought it'd be.

I'll have to wait until Friday morning before I finally get my Wii. I haven't decided on what game(s) I'll be getting with it. LoZ: Twilight Princess seems almost definite though. I was hoping for Excite Truck too, but that isn't released over here until next February.
    You could get Wii Play. It's a bunch of mini-games, but it does come with another Wiimote.

GOTTAWIIIII!

It's awesome, and it has completed my life ... well, my day at least ^^

Wii!
    Congrats ray. Oh the joys of owning a Wii... XD

Oh and you guys will not believe this.
    Me and Robo was the ones who was always talking to each other on MSN about the Wii. Always giving info and stuff to each other. Always saying "We're never going to get one!!!". Always saying "I give up on finding one this year". Always saying "You'll get a Wii before me", and so on. Well what's funny is, we both got a Wii Sunday morning, we both got a Wii at Toys R Us, and we both got our Wiis at 9:09 am (it's right there on the receipt). Same day, same store (well both TRU), and same time.

Trikip

Can you Handel this?
    Years
  • O_O That's...really strange...to get a Wii at the exact same time.

I have to stop talking about the Wii. *bangs head*

Dawson

The Rebirth Is Upon Us
    Years
  • IGN UK said:
    UK, December 6, 2006 - Wii-hungry gamers have already begun queuing outside HMV on London's Oxford Street, over two and a half days before they can actually get their hands on the machine. The queue was formed at five o'clock yesterday evening by a brother and sister who spent the freezing cold night in a tent before they were joined by a handful of others at 9am this morning.
    Just thought that was interesting for anybody doubting the popularity of the Wii in England. Right now, it is literally sold out everywhere. I was talking to the manager of the local GAME store and he told me that there was absolutely no chance of getting a Wii before the new year if you don't have a pre-order. The next wave of Wii's have already been sold to customers who were too slow to pre-order the Wii on launch.

The Wii is gonna be HUGE worldwide. Yet, the British media (who, admittedly are mega Sony fanboys) still don't realise how popular the Wii is and are advertising it as a "kiddie" machine. And that just makes me wonder, of all the pre-orders the Wii has taken so far, how many were from under-16 year olds? I doubt it's many.

Arcanine

There is no "-tina"
    Years
  • Trikip: It is strange. Talk about some luck.

Dawson: It just goes to show that the Wii is a big hit everywhere. I mean it's pretty much sold out everywhere in the world (I think Australia might be a little lacking in sells, I mean it wasn't totally sold out the first day like it was in the US, Japan, and Europe). Sure the PS3 is also pretty much sold out, but the Wii has far more consoles and yet it's still sold out.

It was the same here for a week or so before and after the launch of the PS3. Fox News (the US' largest news channel) was going on and on and on about the PS3, "People in line for a PS3. | $600 dollars for a PS3. | Person shot over a PS3. | PS3 this, PS3 that" and so on. I got sick of it, and they said almost nothing on the Wii. I can think of 3 times they said something about the Wii. Once it was telling about the controller, another is when Kevin from "Attack of the Show" was invited to talk about the PS3 (but he went off talking about the Wii, he even had a Wiimote with him XD), and another was talking about the Wii sells vs the PS3 sells.

And here's a quote from Nintendo. XD
    "...the [Wii Sports bowling] ball is thrown by simply releasing the B Button on the remote, not by letting go of the remote!"
    https://www.gamespot.com/news/6162853.html

Back