• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Nicknames or No Nicknames?

Do you nickname your pokemon?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2009
    I usaully don't nickname because I can't think of a good one, but when I do think of one, I like it a lot.

Camisado

a therapeutic chain of events
    Years
  • I've nicknamed my themed team in the Diamond game I decided to do something different with xD basically, since I'm in IT Services, all my Pokémon have sort of...geeky names.
    • Umbreon - Blackberry (it's a mobile device, yo)
    • Luxio - Fedora (Linux)
    • Prinplup - Feather (Linux)
    • Aipom - Debian (Linux)
    • Ponyta - Oracle (Database system)
    Oh, and my trainer name is Cisco ;D

Combee

βύzz!
    Years
    • UK
    • Seen Jul 22, 2009
    I've nicknamed my themed team in the Diamond game I decided to do something different with xD basically, since I'm in IT Services, all my Pokémon have sort of...geeky names.
    • Umbreon - Blackberry (it's a mobile device, yo)
    • Luxio - Fedora (Linux)
    • Prinplup - Feather (Linux)
    • Aipom - Debian (Linux)
    • Ponyta - Oracle (Database system)
    Oh, and my trainer name is Cisco ;D

:] Heh heh.
    Atleast people don't laugh at the nicknames you give your pokemon. :P I've given them cute names and they always get laughed at. -_-

Camisado

a therapeutic chain of events
    Years
  • :] Heh heh.
    Atleast people don't laugh at the nicknames you give your pokemon. :P I've given them cute names and they always get laughed at. -_-
    Actually, I play this game at college and all the guys in my class think it's REALLY STUPID that I've made references to the course we're on xD

Cute names are awesome! I have a Pichu called Queenie in Pearl =3

And, um, a Clefairy called Derek.

menace64

Lifelong Trainer
    Years
  • I've only ever given one nickname: my starter Charmander was known throughout the land of Kanto as DA BURNING.

Years
  • At one stage I was nicknaming my Emerald pokemon and my character was a girl (no, I'm not GAY!!!) but I changed them back to their original names. I just keep them the same because if everI trade them, the person receiving the pokemon may not like the name or might find it offensive in their language. hehe, turkish swearing names are the best.

Combee

βύzz!
    Years
    • UK
    • Seen Jul 22, 2009
    I never nickname my pokemon, because i dont really like nicknames anyway.
    The only nicknames i have are those from those in-game trades
    I find it annoying if you've traded and the pokemon has a nickname because usually I don't like the nickname it has and then you can't change it. D:

Years
  • I nickname every single one of my pokemon. EVERY SINGLE ONE. The only exception being when I'm breeding, I don't nickname the babies unless they're the nature I'm looking for.

My main team (at the moment, anyway) is:

Slowbro - Monday
    Mismagius - Riddle
    Weavile - Vanya
    Flygon - Saskia
    Honchcrow - Jaqoutte
    Armaldo - Waldo

And I nicknamed my starter, Piplup, Alfred. I also have a couple of traditional nicknames that I've kept since I've first started playing pokemon, such as always naming my Pikachus Bolten, my Spearows/Pidgeys Falkor, ect.

Yeah, because I'm always nicknaming things I usually have to ask people I'm trading with whether they want me to change the name of the pokemon they're receiving, haha.

Berlitz

The Bewildered Summoner
    Years
    • Seen Apr 29, 2013
    I nickname EVERY pokemon I have in EVERY version.No exception,no reused nicknames in the same version,I always try to be original. I simply can't afford to leave them just as they are. It's so not cool and usual. All of them have exotic nicknames (okay,Anne and Beatrix are not exotic,but you get the point.)

It helps me care for them. :/ I treat everyone with care and love. They're unique for me.

I never hack,I don't know or don't care about EV and IV train, and I don't care about natures. :/ (Expect for Milotics). It's just my way. I catch them all,complete the pokedex,but always win with my favourites. I used to go to Karen's phisolophy and still belive in it.

"Weak pokemon,strong pokemon. This is onily the selfish perception of people.True trainers should win with their favourites."

Yours pokeresolved,(WTH?)

Miss Berlitz.<3

TurtleKing

Turtles > You
    Years
    • Seen Dec 12, 2016
    Don't nicknames help a Pokemon grow faster? I heard that somewhere...in a GSC I think. It makes them happier or somethin'.

Bug_Master

The Versitile Catcher
    Years
    • Seen Apr 29, 2008
    Actually, I play this game at college and all the guys in my class think it's REALLY STUPID that I've made references to the course we're on xD

Cute names are awesome! I have a Pichu called Queenie in Pearl =3

And, um, a Clefairy called Derek.

Nothing wrong with being a college age pokemon player. ;)

I dont care how old I get Ill still be playing.

So, I use to nickname all the time, now its too time consuming if I do because I have to come up with really good names if I do so!

Tater Tot

I used to be popular here~
    Years
    • Age 16
    • Seen Jan 15, 2017
    No nicknames, nicknames are tacky, and not needed.
    That's the name of the Pokemon, keep it's name.

austin00081

young money
    Years
  • I nickname because
    1. It's more fun
    2. I feel connected with my pokemon
    3. Gives me that feeling of difference and uniqueness
    4. I think of it like this, would you call you dog by it's breed name? "Come here Black Lab!"
    No. Also the ALL CAPS NAMES annoy me to death.

my nicknamed team
    Torterra - Kai (my German name, pronounced K-EYE)
    Milotic - Chihiro (from Spirited Away)
    Flygon - Yuusie (part of a song title from Floppy, pronounced YOU-SEE)
    Ivysaur - Ivy (obvious)
    Espeon - Appa (from Avatar, pronounced AH-PA)
    Quilava - Yossui (member from Morning Musume, pronounced YO-SWEE)

I name every pokemon I can get to.

Lynnx

half listening.
    Years
    • Seen Oct 11, 2009
    I always nickname my pokemon because I get quite sentimentally attached to them. It's a cutesey thing for me.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back