• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Nicknames

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shadow Ball

I <3 ghosties the mosties! :P
    Years
    • Age 33
    • USA
    • Seen Jul 18, 2016
    I usually don't simply because whenever I have tried I always end up sitting there for way too long trying to think of a good nickname. I don't like silly or stupid names, so I usually just go with the original names to save myself time and sanity. xD

DeeJay

Mr. Excitement
    Years
    I think at some point, just for when I battle friends, I'll have to name something "Your Mom"...just so I can get the game to say "D.J. sent out Your Mom!"

Fire_Floatzel

What's 3000 X 3 + 1?
    Years
    I usually try to give my pokemon coolish nicknames and at the same time it has to relate to them:
    Sceptile - Storm (Leaf Storm)
    Gallade - Blade (It's elbow blades)
    Floatzel - Fangs (Ice Fang, Crunch)
    Staraptor- Hawkeye (I dont know where that came from)

Or, I try to give them names that sound like its japanese name:
    Jolteon - Joltia (More like Leafeon's and Glaceon's)

I also nicknamed my Gible NomNom. I wanted to make it sound cute this time. I'll regret it when it evolves.
    I also usually get bored when I nickname my pokemon and just nickname my Lucario Skywalker (Lucario Skywalker)

XBA

Goth Pokemon FTW.
    Years
    I'm not creative. I used to nickname things back when I first got Sapphire. But I've stopped.

I had a Sceptile named Hurricane though. My first starter in my first game. Female too. <3

Pikachu fan

SUSANOOMON IS NOT AMUSED
    Years
    • Seen Jul 12, 2011
    Just a few of my best.

Croc-Feraligatr (Crocodile)
    Sparx-Raichu (Originally Sparkz)
    Satoshi-Pikachu (He knows Ash's Pikachu's moves)
    Firefly-Hooh (Fire-Flying type)
    Serenity-Lugia (To go with Firefly, Serenity,Firefly- Movie and the TV show that followed)
    Knight-Dragonite (Dragonite)
    Lady-Latias (Nice sounding pun)
    Red, Blue, Green-Charizard, Blastoise, Venusaur (After the manga Dexholders)

:)

Legendary Silke

[I][B]You like dragons?[/B][/I]
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2021
    Hmm... I sometimes do nickname my Pokémon. Most of the time, I pick nicknames out of part of the species name... or I sometimes think up of something. I rarely use person names.

One of my most memorable ones? ♪Twiggy♪ for a Turtwig. My current username is actually that.

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~

Buffalo State College
    Years
    I just don't like to keep my Pokemon name without a nickname, its been like that for years and I find it fun. But I usually give my Pokemon their Japanese names or their Japanese nick names as names

:t354:TG

olih

Who says you can't go home?
    Years
    I nickname Pokemon in my team, just to show that my team is special. And I'll sometimes nickname Pokemon randomly. Like once, in Platinum, I was trying to hatch an Eevee egg, and it took so long that when it hatched I nicknamed the Eevee "Finally".

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    I named this thread "please do not post in threads over a month old" and then I punished the opponent baddddly.

Locked.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back