• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Nicolas' sprite showcase #2

What should I do?

• Revamps

Votes: 15 51.7%
  • Trainer Sprites

Votes: 15 51.7%
  • More from Malachite

Votes: 6 20.7%
  • Quit it... you suck

Votes: 1 3.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

GFA

Mega Blastoise is my homeboy
Years
    • Seen Sep 7, 2018
    That Totodile has very good shading. The Electrivire's pose is really unnatural, it looks like it dislocated its shoulder

Nicolas

O c t o j a R e j s t r o m
    Years
  • LoG-1.png

the new look of Angellean and a minorly edited Gabrieleon

BurstX

Some old fart
    Years
  • they look good, but i think Angellean needs a lighter color for the outline. the gray just seems to dark.

SytheXP

Net Labs/UG Founder
    Years
  • Love the shadow pokes, anyway I can get the color pallete for them? The shading on them looks good. Also love the new pixel over. The espeon is just AH. Shading looks good. Only thing on that one that may need a little work is his butt, near where it connects to the tail. Keep up the great work. =]

SytheXP

Net Labs/UG Founder
    Years
  • I saw the one for snowy over in the show the love thread. It looks nice i like the shading but it reminds me of ninetails a lot. Thats not a bad thing though. The hair looks a little sketchy but the rest is great. Now lets see what we can say about totodile *scrolls page up to view totodile* Looks great except where you have it shaded it appear theres only three colors maybe extend the pallette just a bit to make the shading a tiny bit better, Besides that its all top notch =]

Years
  • EspeonPixelover.png

The variations between black and purple in the outline are a bit strange. There are places that seem like they should be in black, but are in purple, and vice-versa. The outline near the base of the tail bothers me. I think it's a little too dark, and it makes it kinda confusing where the tail is. From our perspective, is it in the front or back? The upper outline of the tail seems to show it coming from the front, while the lower outline seems to be cutting it off, as if it were coming from behind it. Also, I don't like that black outline on the head. The one near the base of the front ear.

updatedTotodile.png

This one is very nice, but there are still a few problems. The most noticeable, to me, is the skin around the eye. That outline on the right side there looks bumpy. Same thing with the bottom of the tail, and, to a lesser extent, the tail spike. It's shaded beautifully, though, especially the mouth and feet.

Nicolas

Years
  • EspeonPixelover.png

The variations between black and purple in the outline are a bit strange. There are places that seem like they should be in black, but are in purple, and vice-versa. The outline near the base of the tail bothers me. I think it's a little too dark, and it makes it kinda confusing where the tail is. From our perspective, is it in the front or back? The upper outline of the tail seems to show it coming from the front, while the lower outline seems to be cutting it off, as if it were coming from behind it. Also, I don't like that black outline on the head. The one near the base of the front ear.

updatedTotodile.png

This one is very nice, but there are still a few problems. The most noticeable, to me, is the skin around the eye. That outline on the right side there looks bumpy. Same thing with the bottom of the tail, and, to a lesser extent, the tail spike. It's shaded beautifully, though, especially the mouth and feet.

wew.. that's a lot :D
    ESPEON
    well, ya.. it is confusing
    mainly it's based off my Gold Espeon revamp and some scratched parts...
    I'll try to fix the outlining and stuff
    Totodile
    I don't quite understand the shading around it's eye and the tail can be fixable... but still, it's kinda minor.... again, I'll fix that soon enough

thanks for the comments Kenji!

anyway, here's a Shaymin
    Shaymin.png

and my Haunter revamp FR/LG colored
    HAuntme.png

GFA

Mega Blastoise is my homeboy
    Years
    • Seen Sep 7, 2018
    The Haunter is very professional. The tip on it's left looks weird. It looks to fine, like mechanical pencil lead. Also, the bottom looks shaggy. Try to make it more refined.

ultimate x

Noblesse Oblige
    Years
  • nice work nicolas about thise sprites you made!, well good luck with that, and oh! can i use snowy in my hack, if it's okay with you. :)

fwice

Mewtwo Lover
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Jul 14, 2009
    Nicolas, your sprites are all so good! you rock!

BurstX

Some old fart
    Years
  • its really good, my only problem is the shading. shouldnt it be coming from the top left and not the top right? since the light source in the pokemon games is top left.

Nicolas

Years
  • its really good, my only problem is the shading. shouldn't it be coming from the top left and not the top right? since the light source in the pokemon games is top left.

yes but I think its facing the right way... so the light source is in fact, going to the right as well

Last edited:
    Back