• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Nintendo: Choose Your Own Character 2! - The Pikmin Win!

Abby

#freecoffee
Years
  • Well the problem is with genders, we pretty much narrowed it down to Link/Psyduck

HyperMorian

Busy with University.
    Years
  • Because we have yet to hear his defense, and I'd like to wait a little more before he responds.
    There's still time where I can always place my vote against him if I want to. Now, give him a chance will you?

Salzorrah

[font=Montserrat][b][color=#66CC66]g[/color][color
    Years
  • Well the problem is with genders, we pretty much narrowed it down to Link/Psyduck

You mean Zelda/Torterra. He couldn't be Link or else he wouldn't have died coz of Zelda, and the one who visited Sparkin was male. He couldn't be Psyduck because Torterra has a one-use NA, and he doesn't even visit, but Psyduck can.

The only viable pairs would be Zelda-Toon Link, or Psyduck-Torterra, if we're basing it on the "a close friend" text.

Abby

#freecoffee
    Years
  • Ah, I just assumed that meant an innocent visited.

I meant the town roles that were able to visit

Kiyotaka Ishimaru

Ultimate Moral Compass
    Years
  • Okay so finally got home after the program. I'll be posting my analysis in a while and will be including some of my reads from what I've observed.

Kiyotaka Ishimaru

Ultimate Moral Compass
    Years
  • Reread the thread and now I've got some comments.

First off, I don't think it was Marth that used the sword to kill Desi. Desi iirc hasn't said anything before being killed, so I don't think Marth would have risked to just kill someone D1. I think it's more plausible to believe that it was Ephraim who did the kill. Although it is potentially a bad and it definitely is, mainly because the maf could have used it at another time, they probably chose to use it early on probably after hypothesing Desi would pick either of Wario or Waluigi or simply off someone the list.

Second, I checked the thread and saw some rather bothering things regarding Johnny.
    - He first voted for Bidoof_FTW then after trying to vote metroid, he unvoted Paranoia > Now this doesn't exactly indicated scum immediately, but it feels like an important point.
    - He technically killed off the cop discussion and only commented regarding it when Naku pointed it out. > I believe he's not the type to just overlook that nor just cut it off.
    - He also killed off the Purp discussion and didn't say anything regarding it. Everyone else before that gave their comments, but he totally didn't give one.
    - His interaction with Naku and Abby sounds off to me. First he asks why it is likely for scum/cult to know who they are when in fact he's supposed to be good enough to know it. > It's a meta suspicion but it's something that just off.
    - Also he said that it's pretty obvious who cop is right now, but he hasn't really explained why it is like so. If he was maf though, there's a good chance he knows who is cop, so...
    - Now here comes his forgetting Bard's death thing. I've already explained it earlier so just read that.
    - Now if he was town, he would have been more contributory to the discussion as from what I've observed. Second, his actions have seem to be anti-town at the very least with him not actually giving much contribution to the analysis of roles and rather simply pushing the lynch on Hyper and me. Other than that, he hasn't really provided a clear reason on why I'm contradictory and how me voting him warrants me as maf.

Now for some reads:
    - Naku - Town for contributing much to the game and mechanics.
    - Salzorrah - Slightly town for also contributing to some of the game mechanics
    - Abby - Slightly town because of efforts but I commonly townread him, so this isn't exactly sure. Also @Abby can you give an explanation as to why you voted Johnny?
    - Hyper Morian - Slightly town but I'm unsure of the purposes for his actions. Searching for a bit more explanation.
    - Paranoia - Slightly town and slightly fool. Has been changing votes but actions haven't been indicative of scummy behavior.

- Johnny - Scum. Read above.
    - Metroid - Slightly scum. I'm not sure why he isn't actually contributing to the discussion. He's also been giving RNG based votes and not giving actual responses to the current events nor hasnl he decided clearly on who to vote.
    - Purp - Slightly scum. Probably biased because she always looks scum, but earlier comments seem indicative.
    - Strange - Slightly scum. He seems to be supporting Johnny in both suspicion on me and Paranoia as Fool. Also, he hasn't explained how my logic seems off in the very least.

Null reads on everyone else.

Abby

#freecoffee
    Years
  • It's mostly regarding the whole cop shut down, I don't think he'd block out large portions of the day, even if he thought it was irrelevant. Part of me thinks he's being obvious, so he could be a fool. However, what if he's maf that wants us to think he's fool.

That being said, I'm not a big fan of the whole "johnny likes phoenix wright he must have chosen him" mentality, for anyone actually

EDIT: Actually, I'm not fond of townreading someone because of mexhanics. Imo that's te easiest way scum can seem helpful without being overly offensive in the gsmestate

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    The whole "this person must like x they must be x" is honestly why Pikachu wasn't even one of my choices. Johnny isn't the only PW fan in this game so i would absolutely not pin it right on Johnny. The same goes for everyone else and someone might have even picked a character they dont give a damn about to throw people off track.

Basically imo you need more to back up why someone is x character than just meta reasons. They could help but i would hope.someone didnt make an obvious choice.

Years
  • oh you played pokemon you must be toerterra or psyduck!!1!1

Agreeing with Abby and Ash here that it's kind of pointless to base roles off of what games people like and don't like. I actually wouldn't be surprised if someone in here picked a character from a game they've never played. Also, I doubt Johnny is lying in the post above, I can't really see another reason for him to change discussion because ngl we weren't really getting anywhere anyway. Zinnia still hasn't outed but idk if that's gonna change or not. At first Johnny wasn't really playing like he normally does but he seems fine to me now imo. I think we've dug up enough info from the flavor text, let's get to lynching.

I'm gonna vote metroid711 because from what I've seen he hasn't really put much into his posts haha look who's talking and he's just kind of following along with everyone else.

EDIT: forgot to format because i'm smart
    [Vote] metroid711

Last edited:

HyperMorian

Busy with University.
    Years
  • Ishi's persistence against Johnny's rebuttal makes a rather interesting result from my view. From a rather meta deduction elsewhere, Ishi is more likely to be Phoenix Wright, and I don't think we have anything to lose for getting him lynched. Hence, there goes my [Vote] Kiyotaka Ishimaru. You can still claim though if you're saying that you aren't.

And I suppose having a town-sided roleblocker to get lynched at day 1 is a bad idea. If you say that my actions is sort of worrying, I guarantee you I'll make it more worrying for the night and so on, just for the purpose of smashing your faces for my satisfaction, lmao.

There's all to it.

Years
  • Ishi's persistence against Johnny's rebuttal makes a rather interesting result from my view. From a rather meta deduction elsewhere, Ishi is more likely to be Phoenix Wright, and I don't think we have anything to lose for getting him lynched. Hence, there goes my [Vote] Kiyotaka Ishimaru. You can still claim though if you're saying that you aren't.

And I suppose having a town-sided roleblocker to get lynched at day 1 is a bad idea. If you say that my actions is sort of worrying, I guarantee you I'll make it more worrying for the night and so on, just for the purpose of smashing your faces for my satisfaction, lmao.

There's all to it.

Why are you voting for someone if you think they're the fool?

Kiyotaka Ishimaru

Ultimate Moral Compass
    Years

There's all to it.

Kiyotaka Ishimaru

Ultimate Moral Compass
    Years
  • I have no idea why my typed post didn't come out when I c+ped it on mobile writer, but here's my response:

Uh, no. I'm not the fool. I didn't even know it was legal to pick a character from Ace Attorney which iirc is Capcom.

Well, I was being persistent because of his previous explanation which wasn't all too convincing, but with his latest post, it seems to clarify some stuff. I'm not all too sure what to think about the Information over Analysis thing though, so I'm not going to remove my vote for now.

Salzorrah

Years
  • Reread the role list again, and let me just remind you that both Marth and Ephraim have swords/lances that don't reveal themselves. I think it was Marth tbh, because he doesn't have anyone to confide to, if he's doing the right action or not, like Ephraim with the other mafia. Unless the mafia are just fucking stupid, all of them, not just Ephraim, I don't think they would just kill Desi just like that, because there's gonna be one that would oppose that.

As for my reads, I don't know tbh. My eyes are on Ishi tho, just because he's just grasping straws at incriminating Johnny, especially the whole Bard mistake. As for Johnny, not sure, it's pretty much null at this point, just because I know how Johnny plays, and he is playing weirdly in this game, but I'm not getting any reads from him for the time being. As for other players, Morian is probably fool tbh, and I can see Abby being maf, but that's just a gut feel.

Salzorrah

Years
  • Well then, both situations I said doesn't matter anymore. And Abby gets killed right after I said I gut feel scumread them smh... I gotta change my reads now smh

Back