• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Nintendo DSi

inhisxeyes

resident crazy.
Years
  • Most of you probably already know that Nintendo is releasing the new Nintendo DSi in April (for the US, Canada, Australia).
    Is anyone planning on buying this? Or are you satisfied with your current DS? Any new expectations for it? Let the discussion begin!

Personally, I think I might buy this. If I don't like it, I'll give it to my sister or sell it.

Eon-Rider

An "Original" PC Supporter
    Years
  • I haven't fully made up my mind whether to buy it or not since I already have about 50% of the features with my flashcart. The price is something else to consider. It's roughly $300 AUS and even if I do give in my DS Lite which I never use it's still $175 AUS. Chances are, I will get it eventually though but that entirely depends if there really is amazing exclusive content for the DSi.

Akeraz

Winning is Magic
    Years
  • DSi is released in the UK in april too, on the fourth.
    And I'll definitely be getting one.. It's got too many features i can't live without.
    Besides, My Bulky DS is almost dead [Top screen hanging off, lol], and soon I won't be able to do trades between my pearl and diamond versions, and soon to be platinum version, due to lack of a second DS.
    So yeah, I'll be getting a DSi.

Infamous Amos

ALL BIDOOF IN MY WAY WILL FALL
    Years
  • I might buy it...
    Although I am kinda bitter about it not having GBA backwards compatibility...
    I have to use my old DS to transfer Pokemon from Emerald D:

Years
  • For re-designed consoles that's a good strategy, but I can never restrain myself for new stuff. XD; Like I got the DS on launch day, and most of my games on their launch days, and... >_>;

If I have the money at the time, I'll go for it. :]
    I've been kinda guilty of that. I really wanted the Wii to drop down to below $200 before I bought it, but since my friends all had one, I caved. It was only a $50 difference, so it wasn't as bad as it could've been.

The last console I actually bought at launch was the N64; and that wasn't actually me buying it, since my dad bought it for us. Now that I'm old enough and have a job, I'm kinda expected to buy all this stuff myself (with the exception of Christmas and my birthday), so that's why I generally wait for the prices to drop. I don't have a lot of money to go around, so I try to find the best deal.

Mitchman

Banned
    Years
  • Well i have a choice. Buy a DSi for the birthday and go for a good phone after the summer for working for my parents or vice versa. So ewither way im sooner or later buying one.

True Reign

  
    Years
    • Seen Jul 31, 2010
    I don't know if I will really. Whats the use when I already have a camera phone and an iPod?

Ayano Katagiri

♥ 陳意涵 - 痞子英雄
    Years
  • The DSi is pretty nice, I've used my friend's one and the extra features are helpful if you don't already have other technology that cover what it can do.
    I don't plan on getting one, even though my current DS lite is a mess (overheats, R button fails etc.). I wouldn't use it for MP3s or for the camera, so I don't really see the need for me to get one. I'm more inclined to buy a new DS lite once the prices have dropped later this year.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
  • I have zero plans. I was actually on the fence about it because I knew a special DSi would be coming out for Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days buuuut... as it turns out, the DSi is just ridiculously ugly for that (they finally released pictures yesterday) and thus any wish I had to buy one just went instantly down the drain.

I think it's a ridiculous waste of money. Maybe if my DS Lite broke, I'd consider it but even then it's just so expensive for such useless features that I'd much rather get a DS Lite for a cheaper price.

spike6958

TCG Collector
    Years
    • Age 35
    • UK
    • Seen Apr 30, 2021
    Im getting one, my lite screen is broken, one of the parts that hold the screen up popped out and when i tried to push it back in it snapped off so im going to get a DSi.

Last edited:

Nnoitra Jiruga

Your. SCREAM's. a. whisper.
    Years
  • I'm still deciding. :[ I've been wanting to get a DS Lite for a while, and DSi is only a little bit more expensive...

The only problem is that it doesn't have a GBA slot. I'd miss that. ;-; I still play GBA games.
    IT DOESN'T?
    -totalshockgasm-
    D x
    I might change my mind 'bout buying it noa. D :
    I still love to play those old GBA games. 8 DD

Melody

Banned
    Years
  • I like the idea of the DSi, but I'm honestly in no rush to adopt it early. My DS lite does the job quite nicely. I really want to wait and see how publishers innovate on the DSi's added features before I decide to commit to it. (Mainly because the DSi could just end up being such a pointless console)

Years
    • Seen Jul 24, 2009
    I'm happy with the DS I have now. It's just a DS with some minor changes, no big deal.

Azzurra

Banned
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen May 3, 2013
    I honestly won't be buying it for a while since the prices will be too high. I'll be waiting until they fall before I purchase the DSi.

Azzurra

Banned
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen May 3, 2013
    DSi - New generation of games?

What kind of games do you think will be produced for the DSi? I think a couple based on camera's and stuff will be released which would be awesome.

Crystal-Heart

~Black & White~
    Years
  • I will be getting it since my DS as a problem, its R Button is broken and only works 5% of the time.
    Not to mention that the DSi has a DSi Shop Channel, like the Wii Shop Channel, where it has DSiWare. I'm hoping that means that the DSi will have a Virtual Console where you can play old handheld games like the GameBoy, GameBoy Color, GameGear, etc. That would be great!

I am going to keep my old DS to use for my two remaining GBA games, Mario & Luigi:SuperStar Saga and Fire Emblem:Sacred Stones, my other ones fell victim to theft, except KH CoM, which was replaced by KH reCoM.

Pechachu

Indifference, I choose you!
    Years
  • The DSi looks okay, but I'm not going to buy one just after getting a new DS lite. Maybe in a couple of years time, but not just after forking out £100. I don't like the idea that they've removed the only backwards compatibility they had left either, unless they give you another way to play GBA games, then it's going to render things like the palpark completely useless. :<

Back