• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Nintendo to Announce a New Game Tomorrow – Pokemon Gray?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Jul 4, 2013
    Tomorrow at 8:00 PM in Japan (3:00 AM in America), Nintendo is going to announce a new game through Nintendo Direct, their online broadcasting service that is like a TV channel. Satoru Iwata, president of Nintendo, will announce it. Nintendo rarely announces new games through this medium, so this can definitely be considered a special occasion.
    While there is absolutely nothing that states this announcement will pertain to a new Pokemon title, based on all the evidence that has been building up over this past month regarding a Black and White sequel and Kyurem forme, it's certainly possible that this is where it will first be introduced. After all, Junichi Masuda said to watch Pokemon Smash this Sunday, implying there would be information on a Black and White sequel, so if a new Pokemon game is going to be announced this week, this would definitely be Nintendo's golden opportunity to introduce it to the world.
    We should also note that Sunday is the one-year anniversary of the Nintendo 3DS in Japan. If we do get a "Pokemon Gray," it will more than likely be on the 3DS, and will more than likely boost the system's (less than enthusiastic) sales.

So, let's start the discussion!

(Source: Pokebeach and Serebii)

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Moving to Pokemon Gaming Central since although this is Grey speculation, you can speculate on any Pokemon game (no doubt people will say RS remakes for some reason) at PGC while here you can only speculate Grey. However, if Grey is announced tomorrow feel free to make a discussion thread in B/W. for now though, this is kinda covered by release date speculation, so if people wanna speculate if this is Grey they should do so there. Syd if you feel it fits better in VG due to it being just Nintendo then yeah, all i know is it doesnt fit in BW yet.

Last edited:

Cello

Tonight!
    Years
  • They're going to announce it tomorrow? :o
    I thought it was this weekend that the announcement would be made.

I feel like this is the 10th time I've heard about them announcing a new game. I just hope it's a good announcement this time and not another spin-off.

Railgun

Ever Day Another New Adventure
    Years
  • Everyone gets excited for Grey just to find out its Trozei 2 lol. Oh the rage from the fans.

Years
    • Seen Jul 4, 2013
    They're going to announce it tomorrow? :o
    I thought it was this weekend that the announcement would be made.

I feel like this is the 10th time I've heard about them announcing a new game. I just hope it's a good announcement this time and not another spin-off.

"During a Q&A session during a visit to Tokyo on Saturday, Junichi Masuda was asked about when the next main series game, a game after Pokémon + Nobunaga's Ambition, is to come out. In response, he said that he can't really respond to that question but said to watch an upcoming Pokémon Smash episode, due to air this weekend. This was followed by a post on twitter stating the same thing."

Source: Serebii

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Jul 4, 2012
    I really hope it's not 3DS exclusive. I don't have and won't have one of those -.-

Cello

Tonight!
    Years
  • I really hope it's not 3DS exclusive. I don't have and won't have one of those -.-

You know they're eventually gonna move the series to 3DS, right? : P
    As a matter of fact, if the next release wasn't on 3DS I would be a little surprised, not unless it was a 3rd installment to B&W. Of course it could always have 3DS enhancements, which would make sense why it took them some time to announce it.

I just want my Ruby and Sapphire remake. ._.

blue

gucci
    Years
  • I'd love to find out that Gray would be on the 3DS, the battle scenes would be great! The main game I would love right now is an R/S remake but I guess it's just a waiting game. Of course I'm expecting for a spin-off to be unveiled which again would be kind of a let down but everything sounds promising so far. The only spin-off I'd like would be a Mystery Dungeon or Colosseum.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • I'd rather hear about RS remakes than Grey. I'm sick of Unova and I'm ready to get back to Hoenn. Besides, that 10th anniversary is coming up...

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2023
    Hopin its about the recently Trade Marked Pokemon Adventure Camp. There is still very little out there known other than its Trade Marked by both Creatures Inc AND Gamefreak. I don't know if this has been done before cause I don't usually see Gamefreak's logo on side series games or associated with them.

I saw someone say Adventure Camp was the next Stadium, which I'm hoping it isn't since Gamefreak is working on it as well. Hope its a new series of handheld games for thr DS/3DS.

Another rumor I saw was that the titles were Pokemon Adventure: Red Camp and Pokemon Adventure: Blue Camp, which would be a good indication that it was a handheld game and possible new focus.

Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jul 11, 2022
    I love Unova and all, but I want to go back to Hoenn. Though, I suppose a Pokemon Gray wouldn't hurt, either.

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Jul 4, 2012

You know they're eventually gonna move the series to 3DS, right? : P
    As a matter of fact, if the next release wasn't on 3DS I would be a little surprised, not unless it was a 3rd installment to B&W. Of course it could always have 3DS enhancements, which would make sense why it took them some time to announce it.

I just want my Ruby and Sapphire remake. ._.
    I know they will move it to full 3DS but I just want to prolong it as much as possible. It is then that I'll stop playing the new games and that sounds a bit sad to me. I dunno. The 3DS is so unnecessary that I'm hoping they'll have mercy on my old school DS. Beh.

Cello

Tonight!
    Years
  • I'd rather hear about RS remakes than Grey. I'm sick of Unova and I'm ready to get back to Hoenn. Besides, that 10th anniversary is coming up...
    I love Unova and all, but I want to go back to Hoenn.

This! : D
    Unova's cool but it feels like I've been here far too long.
    I'm ready to jump back into Hoenn.

Hopin its about the recently Trade Marked Pokemon Adventure Camp. There is still very little out there known other than its Trade Marked by both Creatures Inc AND Gamefreak. I don't know if this has been done before cause I don't usually see Gamefreak's logo on side series games or associated with them.

I saw someone say Adventure Camp was the next Stadium, which I'm hoping it isn't since Gamefreak is working on it as well. Hope its a new series of handheld games for thr DS/3DS.

Another rumor I saw was that the titles were Pokemon Adventure: Red Camp and Pokemon Adventure: Blue Camp, which would be a good indication that it was a handheld game and possible new focus.

Actually yeah I wouldn't mind hearing about what Adventure Camp is too. Hopefully it's not going to be some kind of PokePark type game.
    A new stadium game would be cool, so long as it's not like Battle Revolution and like the actual Stadium series.

Oh well. Just in case they DO show something on Nintendo Direct tomorrow morning (3AM) I think I might tune in anyways to see. Been awhile since I did this for a new game announcement.
    I remember waiting to watch Pokemon Sunday when they announced HG/SS. Good times! : D

C Payne

Hoenn in 3D!
    Years
    • Va
    • Seen Aug 23, 2014
    Nambunga ambitions or whatever is for the DS and Pokepark 2 was for the Wii(both after the 3DS's Rumble Blast), hopefully this time it's the 3DS' turn again. Hoping for RS 3DS or a Colosseum type game myself, but I guess I'm happy as long as it's decent and is for the 3DS.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    Am I the only one that thinks of this when I think Adventure Camp?

DEAR NINTENDO BRING THIS BAAAAAAAACK

Honestly every time I look at those pictures I just feel like the games pale in comparison to that park. ;______; Make every announcement Pokemon Parks everywhere.

Noel Kreiss

The Last Hunter
    Years
    • Seen May 8, 2012
    Pokemon Gray ftw! Idk why alot of people want a R/S remake. Tbh, I think it's unnecessary to remake them because you can just trade your pokemon from R/S/E to your Pokemon B/W via 4th gen games.

Cello

Tonight!
    Years
  • Pokemon Gray ftw! Idk why alot of people want a R/S remake. Tbh, I think it's unnecessary to remake them because you can just trade your pokemon from R/S/E to your Pokemon B/W via 4th gen games.

I mainly just want to see Hoenn re-imagined through 2.5D graphics. Heck, 3D would be cooler, though I don't know if that's ever going to happen or not for a main Pokemon series game.

I <3 Hoenn.

^^^ ( Is there a T-Shirt for that? O: )

Years
    • Seen Mar 8, 2012
    Pokemon Gray ftw! Idk why alot of people want a R/S remake. Tbh, I think it's unnecessary to remake them because you can just trade your pokemon from R/S/E to your Pokemon B/W via 4th gen games.

The main reason why we need one is because you need to have either a DS Phat or Lite to migrate, which are outdated by 2/3 DS generations and WAY to over priced to buy one now

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back