• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Nintendo Wii Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Digital Wings

Alert to sounds.
    Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Jun 23, 2013
    Just one Wii game?

So -- I recently got my hands on a Wii.

I'm pretty low on extra cash at the moment, so if you could pick just one game to have for the Wii, which would it be?

I'm really fond of (obviously) Pokemon, but I also like games like Animal Crossing, Harvest Moon, etc. Was hoping someone could weigh in and help me decide :D

Barney.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jul 30, 2015
    Personally for one game, I suppose you'd want it to be long-lasting...

So for me, I'd go with Super Mario Galaxy 1/2 or Animal Crossing. Little King's Story is a lovely niche game that has great lasting appeal, and this one can be picked up on the cheap compared to the others. Also if you like Harvest Moon then Rune Factory Frontier would be another great choice.

Theodore Bruno

ADORABLOODTHIRSTY
    Years
    • Seen May 14, 2011
    Monster Hunter Tri is a great and recent game that just came out. Super Mario Galaxy (both of them) are really good. There's also No More Heroes which rocks. Haven't played Animal Crossing for the Wii, but here it's good too.

Jolene

Your huckleberry friend
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Apr 18, 2024
    Yes I think you should get Super Mario Galaxy 2.

Eon-Rider

An "Original" PC Supporter
    Years
    If I were you, I'd get Super Smash Bros. Brawl just because it's pretty much the absolute essential game for the Wii. However, if you aren't into fighting games, you won't like it much.

Years
    Do you like Sims? 'Cos you sound like your into most games I play. I love Harvest Moon hehe. Sims 3 is coming out for the Wii it's release date is 29/10 so quite a while away yet. But I don't think there are that many role playing/simulation games out for the Wii at the moment .. :disappoin

Luck

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Years
    • Seen May 20, 2023
    You turn that Wii in, get some more money, and buy a PS3 or 360.

I would suggest getting Super Smash Bros. Brawl if you like action games with a lot of replay value, or even LoZ: Twilight Princess if you like that. They're both great games that made me regret selling my Wii, but only a bit.
    Other than those, I would just suggest getting Wii points and downloading S/NES games for the simple fact that they're awesome.

EmeraldSerenade

babyboy
    Years
    Def. Super Mario Galaxy 1/2 I had a ton of fun playing the first one, and I'm getting ready to get the 2nd game ^^

SuperSmashBrothersBrawl is a pretty good game too if you like action.

Barney.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jul 30, 2015
    You turn that Wii in, get some more money, and buy a PS3 or 360.

Ha. No.

Wii is a great system, with some of the best games ever at it's disposal, don't let people like this put you off.

El Héroe Oscuro

IG: elheroeoscuro
    Years
    If your low on cash, definetly get either Super Smash Bros. Brawl, Twilight Princess, or Super Mario Galaxy (the first one). I haven't checked any of the prices, but they should be pretty cheap considering they have all been out for awhile now. Hold up on Super Mario Galaxy 2 because the price will drop after awhile, plus you might want to know the plot of the first game (even though I don't think they are intertwined but whatevs). All three of those games will take awhile to beat so you can probably get some extra cash while your playing.

Ha. No.

Wii is a great system, with some of the best games ever at it's disposal, don't let people like this put you off.
    Eh, its got some good games, but most of the library is pretty bloody awful, you'd have to admit.

Last edited:

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
    If I were you, I'd get Super Smash Bros. Brawl just because it's pretty much the absolute essential game for the Wii. However, if you aren't into fighting games, you won't like it much.
    This. Pretty much everyone I know who bought a Wii has cited this game as one of the major reasons. And to be honest, I think I've clocked two or three times the playtime on SSBB than all my other Wii games put together. It's very fun but, like Eon said, if you don't like fighting games, you could probably pass on it.

:/ Dunno what to suggest otherwise, though, since no other Wii games I've played have held my attention that long. Just wanna tell you to stay away from the Pokémon game(s?) on Wii because none of them are very engaging.

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
    Years
    Even if you like Pokemon, keep away from the Wii's Pokemon titles. They stink.

Likewise with Animal Crossing. City Folk is nothing is nothing new if you've played the GCN game or WW. I've never played a single Harvest Moon title, so I can't recommend anything.

I'd say Boom Blox, Mario Kart Wii, or Super Mario Galaxy 2. I love Boom Blox, it's like Jenga with explosion and farm animals XD It's a lot of fun and refreshing puzzle game.

Mario Kart Wii is one of the better Mario Kart entries. It has its pros and cons though. Courses are great, there's also retro courses, lots of characters, and the courses themselves are fine visually. The characters however do not look good, at all. Also, because there's so many characters, the width of the road is gigantic compared to past games, which will screw you up if you're really familiar with the retro courses and their turns.

Super Mario Galaxy 2 I haven't picked up yet. But I will soon. The original is one of the most critically acclaimed games ever and the sequel, from what I hear, is better, more challenging, and fixes up everything I didn't like about the original.

Years
    Hmmm... If I had to make a list of some of the best games...

• Super Smash Bro. Brawl
    • Super Mario Galaxy 1 or 2
    • Monster Hunter Tri (If you like difficult, complicated, time-consuming yet fun games)
    • Metroid Prime 3 (If your into FPS)
    • Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess
    • Mario Kart Wii
    • Pokemon Battle Revolution (If you absolutely need something with Pokemon in the title. <_>)
    • Animal Crossing City Folk (Be aware that this is just your average AC, with the monthly events shoved into the city.)

Jolene

Your huckleberry friend
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Apr 18, 2024
    I think you don't need to like fighting games to like Smash Bros Brawl because I don't like fighting games but I though this was okay. It was just okay though. I think the Subspace Emissary was fun and also some of the events were fun, but the other stuff isn't so fun, like winning the classic mode with every character was boring so I never did that, and also it was boring to collect all the trophies. Playing with friends might be better but my friends don't like this kind of game so normally I just play with my brother.

I think the Super Mario Galaxy games are better because everything in the game is fun.

Numbers

Say my name
    Years
    5 games my brother has for the Wii that I like are; Super Smash Bros Brawl, Fifa 10, Legend of Zelda: Twighlight Princess, Mario Galaxy and Modern Warfare: Reflex. I like his other ones too but these are my favourites :)

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back