• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

No Man's Sky HYPE!

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
guys I JUST TAMED A LIZARD and it squealed cutely and smiled at me and then ran around finding me rare materials. I basically got an alien lizard dog.

Spoiler:

Also smh I just sold my Heridium at the space station and there's nothing on this planet so now I'll have to buy it back argh
Awwww, this is cute. Does he join your party or you have to leave him on the planet? =D

Years
  • Age 32
  • UK
  • Seen Oct 17, 2023
^ friendly animals just go about their normal business without running from you like they might normally. As far as I can tell, they stay friendly even if you shoot at them, which is stupid :c.

I'm craving the ability to have a 'home' base, a reason to stick in a certain system/planet, as I'm finding little drive to explore planets to find all the animals. I spent 5+ hours on a planet and was still missing a couple, somehow, despite flying and running all over the place.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
Awwww, this is cute. Does he join your party or you have to leave him on the planet? =D
I don't really know, I jumped into my ship and stpped playing after that o: But I assume he'll stay on the planet probably.

I wish we could see other aliens, humanoids, walking around and going about their business at space stations or in bases. Now I only saw the ones sitting down and unmanned ships landing and taking off. Makes space feel empty ;;

multiplayer pls

Sir Codin

Too bad the game we got is nowhere near the game we were promised. I think between this and Mighty No. 9, it might be a good idea to no longer buy games on release date.

Not even Pokemon Sun and Moon.

Not even the new Zelda game.

Not anything.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Feb 16, 2020
NMS is a breathtaking, beautiful, gorgeous game with so many little details and really a product of lots and lots and lots of hard work, and even more love.

But I just can't seem to find the drive to constantly pick it back up. It's just a little too repetitive for me right now.

The fact that it was overhyped or overpromised doesn't really affect me—I think it's something people need to learn to let slide every once in a while. It's easy for developers to get excited over what they're working on, and it's even easier to consistently underestimate the amount of time it's going to take to ship something. It's human nature, and I'm positive that anybody would pull off something similar if they were working for Hello Games and had the same amount of passion for something they wanted to make and release to the world.

But right now, it's just falling ever so short of keeping me going. Which is sad, because I want to keep playing it. I want to see more of it, listen to more of the amazing soundtrack, and live the dream that they were trying to create in a game. It just fell short of a few things that would have really struck a chord with me.

Last edited:
Back