• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

No More Ps2 In Usa!!

The S

The Reverend
Years
  • You know what's mind-boggling? Someone can make a cool product and sell it, and other companies can make the same bloody thing with a different name, and legally sell it. But Sony and Microsoft get a swift kick in the hindquarters for THIS?

Pogiforce-14

EV/IV Trainer
    Years
  • I'm honestly surprised I'm seeing so much brandish behavior against PS2 all of a sudden. I mean I'm not exactly overly fond of it myself, but I still like the system, a good chunk of my games being for that system, and I don't think they deserve such low marks. They made a mistake. So what? It happens.

Kipkip

Join the Revolution
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Jun 24, 2007
    kohei said:
    Is this lawsuit/ban only going to be applied in the US? Or rest of the whole world...?
    The ban is only applied to the US. Nowhere else.
    You know what's mind-boggling? Someone can make a cool product and sell it, and other companies can make the same bloody thing with a different name, and legally sell it. But Sony and Microsoft get a swift kick in the hindquarters for THIS?
    Number 1: They're really big companies, they'll get notice first. Number 2: Microsoft and Sony didn't get a license to use this technology, other compaines, like Nintendo(I say it's the only good decison they've made since), did so they can legally make and use this technology. If they don't have a license, they can not sell it legally. Sony had a chance to patent this technology and make a lot more money, but they didn't. They had it coming.

Years
    • Age 31
    • blah
    • Seen Jan 4, 2010
    all i can say is. *takes breath* ha ha *breaths out*

evry since the ps2 came out i hated them. thee disk drive was *beep* and the graphics just didnt compare to the xbox. when i talk aboyut the disk drive i mean:

a) it ate disks

b) it was very frail and poorly built

c) very britle, u can figure.
    It just dosnt look like sony put very much effort into it. :|

Doctor Zoidberg

His Royal Highness
    Years
  • Ahahahaha!!!!

That is funny!
    You poor, poor, souls that like the PLAYSTATION 2.

You have me worried a bit. I thought it was soon going to be illegal for you guys to have PS2 mouse ports or anything like that on the back of your computers!

Well now you can invest in something better like... Hmmm... X Box?

But yeah. Poor you. No more Final Fantasy...

bgt

R A W R
    Years
    • Age 15
    • Seen Jun 21, 2011
    kohei said:
    Is this lawsuit/ban only going to be applied in the US? Or rest of the whole world...?

How can the US have jurisdiction over if a product is sold in another country or not? I mean, that would be like a banned user telling Arcanine what to do... :P... or maybe my analogy is wrong...

whats with all this bashing? people saying... eh, this is better, that is better. i thought you was supposed to voice your opinion about the ps2 lawsuit, etc, not if you think nintendo or microsoft is better

Shadow

Original Flavor Darkness
    Years
  • Doctor Zoidberg said:
    But yeah. Poor you. No more Final Fantasy...
    Who said Final Fantasy has to stay on Playsation? Remember, if it wasn't for Nintendo and Square's Final Fantasy, Sqaure-Enix would not exist today (and PS1 would be half as popular with the missing FF7). ;p

The S

The Reverend
    Years
  • Well, at least they've requested an appeal, so they can still sell their product. Which is good, because the 3rd party PS2 controller I picked up a couple of months ago is excretement.

WhereAmI

Beginning Hacker
    Years
  • I think it was the touch sesitivity.

Why are people anti-PS2? That really makes me mad, Sony pioneers many things.
    I can't wait until the PSP's come out as regular PSP and no Spiderman 2 etc.
    1.8 Gb of space.
    How much is a DS?
    Pokemon Sapphire is 120 Mb I think, on a flash card anyway.
    The PSP and Playstation 3 are the/going to be the highest in quality. PS2 are very powerfull from an extremely well design. Super Computers have been made out of them. The PS3 Blue Ray Discs are Sony's design. The Cell Tech. is Sony's design. The PS3 will be the best.
    With high quality games like the GTA series, Ratchet and Clank, Jak and Daxter, and even Laura Croft has been re-designed for a final desperate attempt. No game takes longer to get to 100% on GTASA. Not a one.
    The Official X-Box Magazine gave a review to a Tom Clancy game as the best game on X-Box ever. That game is even availiable on Gamecube and the rest, including PS2.
    The PSP is high quality, and if Nintendo wasn't woried about it the DS would have came out when Metroid Prime was done. I guarantee it.
    The PSP is also an mp3 player and it uses Memory Cards like in Cameras, and it will take pictures and it will be able to put a GBA Emulator on it, which I will do soon, and walk around playing my Pokemon hacks on the PSP.

Last edited:

Kipkip

Join the Revolution
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Jun 24, 2007
    Soph said:
    has there been any developments on the issue yet?
    I haven't heard anything about it. I guess Sony is still paying for every PS2 sold and the appeal is still going. Courts usually take a long time so I wouldn't expect an answer for a while.

Brittany

Back?
    Years
  • WhereAmI said:
    I think it was the touch sesitivity.

Why are people anti-PS2? That really makes me mad, Sony pioneers many things.
    I can't wait until the PSP's come out as regular PSP and no Spiderman 2 etc.
    1.8 Gb of space.
    How much is a DS?
    Pokemon Sapphire is 120 Mb I think, on a flash card anyway.
    The PSP and Playstation 3 are the/going to be the highest in quality. PS2 are very powerfull from an extremely well design. Super Computers have been made out of them. The PS3 Blue Ray Discs are Sony's design. The Cell Tech. is Sony's design. The PS3 will be the best.
    With high quality games like the GTA series, Ratchet and Clank, Jak and Daxter, and even Laura Croft has been re-designed for a final desperate attempt. No game takes longer to get to 100% on GTASA. Not a one.
    The Official X-Box Magazine gave a review to a Tom Clancy game as the best game on X-Box ever. That game is even availiable on Gamecube and the rest, including PS2.
    The PSP is high quality, and if Nintendo wasn't woried about it the DS would have came out when Metroid Prime was done. I guarantee it.
    The PSP is also an mp3 player and it uses Memory Cards like in Cameras, and it will take pictures and it will be able to put a GBA Emulator on it, which I will do soon, and walk around playing my Pokemon hacks on the PSP.
    Once you find that GBA emulator for PSP, can you pm me?

I agree with everything you said though, Sony has created alot of innovations, and has brought other ones out of the shadows of the technological world.

PSP definetly has my vote on quality and games between itself and it's rival. Even now, I can say every game I've played on the DS feels like a side-quest or mini-game. I guess that will change when P/D and FFIII gets released, but those both seem so far away.

I'm hoping that between the PSP and the DS that I'll be able to carry Final Fantasy I-X with me =P

Anyway, back on topic, kip is right, courts take forever, and they probably are still paying for them at the moment.

SBaby

Dungeon Master
    Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2015
    Brittany said:
    Once you find that GBA emulator for PSP, can you pm me?

I agree with everything you said though, Sony has created alot of innovations, and has brought other ones out of the shadows of the technological world.

PSP definetly has my vote on quality and games between itself and it's rival. Even now, I can say every game I've played on the DS feels like a side-quest or mini-game. I guess that will change when P/D and FFIII gets released, but those both seem so far away.

I'm hoping that between the PSP and the DS that I'll be able to carry Final Fantasy I-X with me =P

Anyway, back on topic, kip is right, courts take forever, and they probably are still paying for them at the moment.

I won't give my opinion regarding this, but the way the world is now, and given the fact that Sony is such a huge corporation (marketing countless products and not just games), do you really think they will be destroyed by having to pay that amount of money?

Plus, they might even get off anyway (people with money tend to).

Square-Enix (here we go again...): They are STILL making games for PS2 (FF XII and Dragon Warrior VIII to name a few), so evidently they're not too worried about this.

DaRkCaT21: Yet, they're still selling PS2s here...

Let's face it people. Sony is still leading the game market, and this lawsuit, like the ones against Microsoft and Blockbuster Inc, isn't going to hurt them at all.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jan 16, 2008
    Sorry for bumping this, but I didn't see anybody who posted this. The court did grant an injunction to Sony. Until the patent suit is resolved, Sony can still sell the dual shock system here. It only effected the controllers and fourty games, not the system itself. It's not a serious threat that I see. Nintendo's already won a case with the same company. Microsoft just threw money at them and made them go away.

Shadow

Original Flavor Darkness
    Years
  • Corleone said:
    Sorry for bumping this, but I didn't see anybody who posted this. The court did grant an injunction to Sony. Until the patent suit is resolved, Sony can still sell the dual shock system here. It only effected the controllers and fourty games, not the system itself. It's not a serious threat that I see. Nintendo's already won a case with the same company. Microsoft just threw money at them and made them go away.
    Yes it did not effect the system itself, but all the system units were/are sold with a dual-shock controller so if they lose they have to take current PS2 units off the shelves permanently and re-ship them without dual-shock controllers, which could possibly result in the next Playstation being delayed since if they lost, they'd have to take the time to design a new controller that works with all current PS2 games and get the affected games redesigned (or stop selling them). That's if they lose the suit of course; if they win or settle out of court (most likely), no worries.

Arcanine

There is no "-tina"
    Years
  • Well if they are pulling the PS2s off the shelves then they are doing a real poor job of it. I went to Wal-Mart today and saw new PS2s there.

I get the feeling that Sony will just buy the controller from the one suing them. I mean that design has been with Sony since the PS (and since the PS it had the PS1, the PS2 and the PSTwo, as well as stamping it all over their PSP stuff) and I really don't think they will be changing it.

Back