• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

No More Ps2 In Usa!!

Happy Dude

Queen of the DDC.
Years
  • This won't affect Australia in any way will it.

Why doesn't sony just buy the silly controller they make millions a day.OH yeah who is sueing sony anyways.

Years
    • Seen Jan 16, 2008
    Won't effect Australia. The patent is registered in a couple other countries, but the company doing it isn't big enough to go after Sony elsewhere. If they win here, though, that could be a different matter.

Years
  • im not on sonys side, but thats just silly, immersion just waited until sony made alot of money from the controllers and then sued when theyd make the most moeny from it...i mean it did take pretty long to decide to sue...

EDITED BY TRIFORCE89: Yeah, the censors work, but please just don't swear in the first place. And don't use "gay" in a demeaning way.

Last edited by a moderator:

BigBoss

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Sep 14, 2007
    Don't care at the moment, I don't really need new Dualshocks at the moment, I believe Sony will either buy it or make a new model. I'm not worried, just curious.

Soph

Chasing Arcanine with a spoon XD
    Years
  • Corleone said:
    Won't effect Australia. The patent is registered in a couple other countries, but the company doing it isn't big enough to go after Sony elsewhere. If they win here, though, that could be a different matter.
    Being aussie, im glad it wont hurt me....but im sad for all the Americans who are affected....:(

Chase Leader

Music Is My Miracle Drug!
    Years
  • I am just so very curious as to HOW they ripped off the controller...from who? They made the controller for Gran Turismo 2! 2! Why wait until now is the question cause they already have the Dual Shock 2! I mean come on the Dual Shock 2 is the BEST Controller out there. You guys do realize they will just make a controller similar to the Dual Shock and no one will be hurt. Not only that I have 4 slightly new Dual Shock Controllers and my PS2 is still in great condition. It is to late to have any affect on the sales for Sony and with the PSP and E3 comming up it doesn't matter.

Flaming Torchic

HalOWNED!
    Years
  • Overlord Sato said:
    I am just so very curious as to HOW they ripped off the controller...from who?

Immersion

Overlord Sato said:
    They made the controller for Gran Turismo 2! 2! Why wait until now is the question cause they already have the Dual Shock 2!

Well, they brought this up a few years ago, but I guess it just took a long while to resolve it.

Overlord Sato said:
    I mean come on the Dual Shock 2 is the BEST Controller out there.

That's your opinion. If you ask me, the Xbox has the best controller, and the PS2 has the worst. But hey, to each his own.

Shadow

Original Flavor Darkness
    Years
  • Overlord Sato said:
    I am just so very curious as to HOW they ripped off the controller...from who?
    -.-* How many people must ask this when I've posted a link with an article on this?

Overlord Sato said:
    Why wait until now is the question cause they already have the Dual Shock 2!
    Super slow American court system.

Flaming Torchic said:
    That's your opinion. If you ask me, the Xbox has the best controller, and the PS2 has the worst. But hey, to each his own.
    And I like the N64 one. *gets garbage thrown at him* What? I do. It fits hands much better then the others in my opinion...

FaerieEsqueThing

FINLAND!
    Years
  • Shadow said:

And I like the N64 one. *gets garbage thrown at him* What? I do. It fits hands much better then the others in my opinion...

I love the Ps2 controller. *is pelted with rotten vegetables* I like the Ps2 better than any Nintendo console. *is killed* But...opinions. *is hunted down and beaten to death*

Zero ex

Swordmaster
    Years
  • mm really the best control is the Gamecube one, it fits perfect in the hands big or small, but the ps control is good but not better than the one of gamecube, thats my opinion.

Chase Leader

Music Is My Miracle Drug!
    Years
  • So then maybe the question is: Will Sony come out with another controller similar to the Dual Shock? Do you think that they will say anything about this matter at this coming E3?

Dark Penguin

[Insert text here]
    Years
  • o bummer. jk - even though i have a gamecube, the ps2 is a good system. it doesn't really matter, though, because with the third gen. consoles just over the horizon, no1 will want a ps2 anymore.

Back