• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

No More Ps2 In Usa!!

Kipkip

Join the Revolution
Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Jun 24, 2007
    Wait, why didn't Sony buy a license to have the rights to use this technology? The same with Microsoft because Microsoft also got sued for this, but settle out of court? They're both big companies, they should know better. They should have done a search before hand. It seems like Sony brought it on to themsleves. Also, Sony is appealing the ban on selling the PlayStation, PS2, the dual-shock controllers, and the 49 games that use this technology. This appeal will decide whether Sony will be able to sell these items in the US. They brought this on to themselves. PS2 or no PS2, that is the question. Sony is probally now wishing they too settled out of court like Microsoft did.

The S

The Reverend
    Years
  • How can you call yourself a gamer if you hate a system? Games are games, regardless of system.

Oh, and Sony just released another killer app for PS2... God of War. That game freaking rocks.

To get to the point... just what is this company that's sued Sony and what is their product? I can't find the product in question, even after an extensive Google search...

Shadow

Original Flavor Darkness
    Years
  • The S said:
    How can you call yourself a gamer if you hate a system? Games are games, regardless of system.

Oh, and Sony just released another killer app for PS2... God of War. That game freaking rocks.

To get to the point... just what is this company that's sued Sony and what is their product? I can't find the product in question, even after an extensive Google search...
    If you read here: https://www.gamespot.com/news/2005/03/28/news_6121137.html
    you will see that the company in question developed the rumble feature that Dual Shock controllers (and games that utilize this feature) use. Sony took the technology, which was copyrighted, and used it without getting the proper licenses and permission.

Arigeitsu159

Meh...
    Years
  • Shadow said:

If you read here: https://www.gamespot.com/news/2005/03/28/news_6121137.html
    you will see that the company in question developed the rumble feature that Dual Shock controllers (and games that utilize this feature) use. Sony took the technology, which was copyrighted, and used it without getting the proper licenses and permission.

What I don't seem to understand about this whole situation is why "said" company decided to spring this lawsuit just now... I mean, the PS2 has been around for quite some time already... why wait this freakin' long?

Shadow

Original Flavor Darkness
    Years
  • Arigeitsu159 said:
    What I don't seem to understand about this whole situation is why "said" company decided to spring this lawsuit just now... I mean, the PS2 has been around for quite some time already... why wait this freakin' long?
    My best guess is that they might have just now realized and/or got substantial evidence that it is their technology. That or the American legal system was being slow. Or they were previously "looking the other way," and recently ran into financial troubles so they decided to get some money this way. Take your pick. Your guess is as good as mine.

Soph

Chasing Arcanine with a spoon XD
    Years
  • Kip-kip said:
    Wait, why didn't Sony buy a license to have the rights to use this technology? The same with Microsoft because Microsoft also got sued for this, but settle out of court? They're both big companies, they should know better. They should have done a search before hand. It seems like Sony brought it on to themsleves. Also, Sony is appealing the ban on selling the PlayStation, PS2, the dual-shock controllers, and the 49 games that use this technology. This appeal will decide whether Sony will be able to sell these items in the US. They brought this on to themselves. PS2 or no PS2, that is the question. Sony is probally now wishing they too settled out of court like Microsoft did.
    NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO FINAL FANTASY USES DUALSHOCK ONLY! *sobs*

Kipkip

Join the Revolution
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Jun 24, 2007
    Arigeitsu159 said:
    Actually, this lawsuit has been going on for three years. Microsoft settled out of court when sued and Sony let the courts make the decison.
    NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO FINAL FANTASY USES DUALSHOCK ONLY! *sobs*
    That has got to suck for them. Hmm... Weird, I never read a news article saying Final Fantasy was one of the games that are banned. FF being as popular as they are, it would have made it into news articles. Not Tony Hawk.

Trikip

Can you Handel this?
    Years
  • Finally something bad hapenning to sony! Yes! Ohh um...*hides* Sorry to all those who owns a Playstation2.

Jeremy

<font color="deepskyblue">Sweetie</font>
    Years
  • Example of sterotype sony fangirl:

Shinin said:
    Why is everyone here anti-Sony? PS2 is awesome. Stop being idiot Nintendo fanboys (or fangirls).

*Wonders why since Pok?mon is part of Nintendo.* XD

Okie, I'll stop spamming XD

Wait a sec...This doesn't make sense...O.o Sony is being sued for having the "rumble" feature in their controllers? O.o So, apprently feedback IS copyrighted. XD

Arcanine

There is no "-tina"
    Years
  • Soph said:
    NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO FINAL FANTASY USES DUALSHOCK ONLY! *sobs*
    I don't think so Soph. I know it uses a analog controller but I don't think it has to be a Dual Shock.
    But I'll check my other controller later and see if it works.

Trikip

Can you Handel this?
    Years
  • Shinin said:
    Don't be anti-Sony.

Sorry, but it's just that sony has been copying Nintendo for years, I'm just glad they are finally getting sued. *hides again*

Kipkip

Join the Revolution
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Jun 24, 2007
    Trikip said:
    Sorry, but it's just that sony has been copying Nintendo for years, I'm just glad they are finally getting sued. *hides again*
    Sony never copied Nintendo. They've copied other compaines, but not Nintendo.

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
    Years
  • They didn't really copy Nintendo persay. And that (I can guess what you're talking about) isn't really related to this.

Anyway, watch it with any bashing (no matter how small). All right guys?

Desgardes

Lovely Buff.
    Years
  • but in way, a dualshock controllers will be worth more than GOLD! and ps2's like ferraris!

*eyes glimmer*

lol, J/k, man this sux, even do im a Nintendo Fanboy at heart, i still own a ps2, and the games arent half bad!

Back