• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

No More Scans?!

Years
    • Seen Aug 3, 2008
    hey what´s the name of the community en LJ? or it doesn´t exist yet? or it will be another way of reading pokemon special?

Years
    • Seen Mar 15, 2009
    I was thinking of setting up an LJ community for the mangas. It'd be a bit like the pkmntrans.illusory-fragments site, except that as a community we could continue with all the discussions and member contributions related to the scans themselves, just like the forum here. I already PM-ed Avegailled about it, since she's the only other major LJ user I've seen on here, but would anyone be interested? How many people here even use/are willing to sign up for Livejournal? =S

As a member of LJ for a couple of years, I'd be totally interested. Plus, I've never seen complaints about scans on LJ before (check out the Naruto/Bleach comms), and really if you make the comm yourself, you make the rules. I'd definetely be in! You could do so much on an LJ community, and I know at least five-six people that are interested in PokeSpe already. That doesn't sound like much, I know, but it's a heck of a lot better than nothing. And those are just people I know personally, there's a lot more out there, if the use of icons means anything at least.

Hmm there's a thought. Well I dno, but in my opinion, it's always better to have more options available! Just incase you know, Merrick suddenly decides INDIVIDUAL WEBSITES hosting manga are threatening his wield over the fandom too >.<

Well not much he could do about that, right?

And is it me or IS the individual website actually down?

Serebii

Webmaster of Serebii.net
    Years
    • Seen Aug 24, 2012
    I've Quick Replied a number of replies that I found unfair so please forgive the block of quotes...

Wow, somebody's a little paranoid.

Honest to God, Maxim, do you think that I wanted this to happen?

This isn't the end of the world. Like people mentioned, there are alternative ways to reading the scans from now on. If this whole entire thing is my fault, and I do doubt that I'm responsible for everything, then I apologize. I was just trying to help out a few people, but I forgot how uptight Serebii is. But I don't think that it's appropriate to pin the blame on only one or two people.

That's all Mileyangel's fault! She mentioned on SerebiiForums that we scan Pokemon Mangas. Merrick noticed that and reported us. I hope he does a DBCOYOV.

While I can forgive Mileyangel, there's no doubt it is HER who revealed our secret world to inappriorate people.

Thanks to the two, there will never be any more scans on PokeCommunity.

Oh wow... not surprised that good ol' Serebii is behind this.

The thing here is that it only prohibits links to direct download sites. Since photobucket is a image hosting site and not a download site, it's still possible to post the scans on photobucket. So yeah, hopefully the scanning effort will still continue.

......does Serebii have some sort of control over things?

i've been wondering that my self what does seribii have to do with anything

You know, Merrick is sort of a "Sun King".

He thinks he shines like sun and is above everyone.

When {someone} mentioned us doing scans on the PokeCommunity, Merrick's brainwashed members started to yell "No! They Shouldn't! It's illegal! Our Lord will punish you!" And the "Lord" spotted it, and raided into PokeCommunity.

It's especially annoying considering that Merrick has all game ROMs on his computer (just look at his screenshots) and probably also manga scans from Coronis. He is NOTHING like a sun, in fact.

BAH! ignore this person then , he has no right to tells us that these are wrong. Plus you think the people who run PC would be angry for him trying to control them.

Plus that (someone) is like tons of people on seribii there were links every where to this site when i went there to investigate and try to understand.

BAH! ignore this person then , he has no right to tells us that these are wrong. Plus you think the people who run PC would be angry for him trying to control them.

Plus that (someone) is like tons of people on seribii there were links every where to this site when i went there to investigate and try to understand.

So...in other words, Merrick's a hypocrite.

basicaly he a is hypocrite and i dont know why people bother following him. i say PC should say STFU to Merrick

hmm never heard of this Merrick dude, prolly becuz I'm not on serebii forums. Can someone explain to me why it is worng to scan pokemon manga yet you see some of the most popular manga being scanned everyday on onemanga and such.

Joe Merrick = Serebii's real name.

So, I think you've heard about him after all.

Why was this such a big deal to him, anyway?

I dunno if I would assume that Serebii has Coronis' scans; does Coronis even have physical scans anyway? That's a HUGE amount of work, so there's no way sie could have taken books and scanned them in; the alternative is that sie uses existing scans from the nets, but I certainly couldn't find Japanese scans anywhere.

That doesn't mean Serebii is any better as a person, of course >_>; I honestly just think he acts like that because he doesn't want diverting attention-- after all, serebii.net has essentially the monopoly on PokeSpe information. It's like the friggin' Medieval Church; no one could read, so they had the monopoly on attention and information. Rassnfrassn jerkfaces.

(Actually, I'm just biased against serebii because the forums are increeeeeedibly noobish. S'why I hang out here =P)

Yup, serebii forums is just noobish enough to allow art thieves to live. I know, my art was stolen there. And I left, fed up at the lousy control over art thieves.

Anyways, now that Coronis is gone (for a good cause), Serebii has only netkun to get PokéSpe info. I really hope that volume 29 comes out at July soon. Then maybe the Emerald conclusion will come to light.

I think Serebii is afraid of losing manga-wise to PC, now that the queen of his side of the PokéSpe chessboard is gone. The only reason I can think of why Serebii forums is popular is the manga section because no other site I know of has English PokéSpe info. He's probably trying to remove competition. To support my statement: Serebii didn't barge in until now, and definitely not before Coronis left. PC isn't his to dominate anyways, so he shouldn't play politics here.

well aside from the fact that serebii totally screwed us over, i still like going there for info. But never the forums, im not one to hang out in multiple forums. tried bulbapedia but eventually left.

Wow I'm surprised good ol' Joe isn't all over this yet. He has a knack of searching for his username "Serebii" just to find threads that talk about him and at least quell anything said against him.

Anyway, from my previous experience there, Joe is in a new level of elitism. Sometimes I think that the uppers here are elitists, but good ol' Serebii Joe brings it to a new level. Like you said, eliminating competition simply because he's the best there is. And like what Maxim said, he's the Sun King. Shining all over the place.

Anyway, the whole manga thing stemmed a long way back ever since my friends and I attempted to spark interesting in the manga and then Coronis just happens to start working for Serebii. But that was a long time ago. Now, apparently from what I'm reading, Coronis stopped working and Serebii just lost another vital part of his monopoly on Pokemon... so I guess he's just going dirty and starts attacking the actual fanbase of the manga... a little odd hm?

Yeah... he runs a freaking Pokemon fansite. A fansite. And I guess to him, his site's monopoly on PokeSpecial info is more important than the happiness of fans.

But, I guess, he probably sees and cares about nothing but power.

Hmm there's a thought. Well I dno, but in my opinion, it's always better to have more options available! Just incase you know, Merrick suddenly decides INDIVIDUAL WEBSITES hosting manga are threatening his wield over the fandom too >.<

And I dno, maybe the LJ could be for more than just hosting scans, we could also have fanarts, PokeSpe fanfics, fanmixes etcetc. And of course we could affiliate with the pkmntrans site too :)

As a member of LJ for a couple of years, I'd be totally interested. Plus, I've never seen complaints about scans on LJ before (check out the Naruto/Bleach comms), and really if you make the comm yourself, you make the rules. I'd definetely be in! You could do so much on an LJ community, and I know at least five-six people that are interested in PokeSpe already. That doesn't sound like much, I know, but it's a heck of a lot better than nothing. And those are just people I know personally, there's a lot more out there, if the use of icons means anything at least.

Well not much he could do about that, right?

And is it me or IS the individual website actually down?

I had nothing to with this. Nothing at all. I dont care if you have all the scans possible or if you have only one. It was a coincidence and it is really not fair for you to jump on me about this

If you think logically...if I did want you lot not to have scans, I would have done it while the Serebii.net manga section was in full-force and not after. Doing such a thing however, is not in-line with how I work. I wouldn't get a site shut down or anything of the sort, that sort of rumour is just perpetuated by those who do not like me. I would never do anything so underhanded.

You lot here have a really warped view of me and that is sad. Again I need to reiterate that I never had anything to do with this, to be brutally honest with you, until I was linked to a thread that nicoleb started a couple weeks ago that included bashing me for this, I was not aware that a) You had Full Scans being posted here and b) that Steve had decided to prevent further ones being posted and so how could I possibly have any idea about it. I'm not omnipresent on my forums and don't check the posts so how would I have seen Mileyangel's post or anything such as that.

The real person you should be asking about the reason for this is Steve. I'm going to speak to him and request he posts here detailling why so you guys can start seeing the truth

Thank you

~Serebii

Maxim

Heavy Metal Alchemist
    Years
  • I've Quick Replied a number of replies that I found unfair so please forgive the block of quotes...

I had nothing to with this. Nothing at all. I dont care if you have all the scans possible or if you have only one. It was a coincidence and it is really not fair for you to jump on me about this

If you think logically...if I did want you lot not to have scans, I would have done it while the Serebii.net manga section was in full-force and not after. Doing such a thing however, is not in-line with how I work. I wouldn't get a site shut down or anything of the sort, that sort of rumour is just perpetuated by those who do not like me. I would never do anything so underhanded.

You lot here have a really warped view of me and that is sad. Again I need to reiterate that I never had anything to do with this, to be brutally honest with you, until I was linked to a thread that nicoleb started a couple weeks ago that included bashing me for this, I was not aware that a) You had Full Scans being posted here and b) that Steve had decided to prevent further ones being posted and so how could I possibly have any idea about it. I'm not omnipresent on my forums and don't check the posts so how would I have seen Mileyangel's post or anything such as that.

The real person you should be asking about the reason for this is Steve. I'm going to speak to him and request he posts here detailling why so you guys can start seeing the truth

Thank you

~Serebii

Thanks for gravedigging. The Merrick-hate has already fallen here, but it will rise again now.

I don't believe in a single word from you. Maybe you didn't have anything to do with this case but when it comes to legal things, you are the biggest hypocrite on the earth.

Just leave us alone and let us make our scanning projects successful, as it is none of your bussiness.

Ah, before you leave. Could you ask Coronis whether or not he can sell his Manga Collection?

PS: I love the world "omnipresent". There are very few opportunities to say it.

Serebii

Webmaster of Serebii.net
    Years
    • Seen Aug 24, 2012
    It had not fallen because the last week I've had people asking me why I did this and so forth so it still continues

And I've spoken to Steve and I'm sure he'll rectify this for me but I am telling the truth

I'm also not a hypocrite either, especially in regards to legal things thanks

Oh and no Coronis' manga collection is not for sale, I can tell you that right now.

Rukario

Banned
    Years
  • seriously, SPP or it's owner Joe had nothing to do with any of the ILLEGAL download links being removed.

Its a TOS requirement from both our host and the Data Center that they get their servers from, as well as a normal, previously stated PC policy. (Read the rules.)

Stop bashing, flaming, etc other members/people unless you have all the facts and can prove they had something to do with anything.

Years
  • Please...

It just saddens me when fans of a franchise throw whatever at each other. If people are more united we would have true universal health-care here in the US....

Years
    • Seen Feb 8, 2009
    It as Dead on the thread until he posted that stuff. quite frankly i forgot about it until he posted. have you heard the phrase "let sleeping dogs lie"?

Serebii

Webmaster of Serebii.net
    Years
    • Seen Aug 24, 2012
    It as Dead on the thread until he posted that stuff. quite frankly i forgot about it until he posted. have you heard the phrase "let sleeping dogs lie"?
    Again, I only posted it to end it as I had someone approach me regarding it earlier

Maxim

Heavy Metal Alchemist
    Years
  • It as Dead on the thread until he posted that stuff. quite frankly i forgot about it until he posted. have you heard the phrase "let dead dogs lie"?

Yeah, I did.

But the poor Joey just had to defend himself.

Okay, Merrick. This time you're innocent and totally okay with me... I could even open your fanclub but I have no reasons to do so.

If it was to your interest, I'm actually the same guy who questionned one of your friends' morality.

emeraldslay

Obsessed with Mew/writing
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Aug 3, 2008
    Yeah, I did.

But the poor Joey just had to defend himself.

Okay, Merrick. This time you're innocent and totally okay with me... I could even open your fanclub but I have no reasons to do so.

If it was to your interest, I'm actually the same guy who questionned one of your friends' morality.

Why're you attacking him!? What evidence is there to suggest that he had ANYTHING to do with this!?

airconditioning

Take it slow, bro.
    Years
  • Well i found a website with Pokemon scans all the way up to Diamond and Pearl if you want the url pm me

Why should we have to PM you? Do you, for some reason, hate people so much that you have to force them to mail you, instead of simply posting the URL here? Really.

emeraldslay

Obsessed with Mew/writing
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Aug 3, 2008
    Why should we have to PM you? Do you, for some reason, hate people so much that you have to force them to mail you, instead of simply posting the URL here? Really.

It's not an issue of hate, it's just obvious common sense. The clamping down on Pokemon Manga on this forum would mean that anyone with half a brain would refrain from blatantly posting links to illegal scans.

Back