• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen No Slot Machines in EU versions of HGSS

Artemis

i'm no goddess
Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    TM64 Explosion requires a straight bonus of 10 rounds in the Game Corner, so this TM is now impossible to get.

You bring up a good point here, whichis interesting. However, that is needless to say they can easily relocate the TM Explosion to a different location in the game other than having it available only be 10 straight bonus rounds in the Game Corner slot machines. It isn't a hard job to do, and I'd say they would either change it where you can simply purchase it with bought coins or have it available somewhere else. Or else, it wouldn't be fair for the Euro version of the game to not have the ability to get this TM or others for that matter[especially seeing as Explosion can come in handy for competitive battling and basic gameplay if used].

BeachBoy

S P A R K of madness
    Years
  • TM64 Explosion requires a straight bonus of 10 rounds in the Game Corner, so this TM is now impossible to get.
    Bet an alternate route for such would be made, but who knows.

Anyway, ridiculous or not, they're just following the law. Not their fault. :(

p!kablu

Map Maker Extraordinaire
    Years
    • Seen Jul 25, 2009
    Who cares? I always hated those useless things anyway.

Years
  • So lemme get this straight.

It's legal to have games about raping and murdering prostitutes, but it's illegal to have games with fruit machines?

Thanks, Europe!

(Another reason why the European gaming price bubble NEEDS to burst.)

Jorah

What do I put here?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • UK
    • Seen Aug 18, 2021
    Oh, when I got Platinum I never realised that it was because of Europe that we could only buy coins, I just presumed that all the countries had been changed. I never really played at the Game Corner, I've always just bought my coins, and I didn't like the DP slots so I kind of preferred just being able to pick up coins from the floor every day. But if this means that my version of GHSS is going to be censored, I may as well import. I can't believe that they actually bothered to censor the Game Corner. I read something once that somewhat fits the situation, "who needs common sense when we have laws?" It pretty much fits the EU.

Ineffable~

DAT SNARKITUDE
    Years
  • That reminds me of this dumbass Republican (no offense to Republicans) I met that said "I'm completely grateful for censorship and the PTC!"

In any case, it IS really sad to see incompetent parents willing to blame anything and anyone but themselves when their children go bad.
    Ehhhh, blaming things on the media is really more of a democratic thing (no offense to democrats). I mean, I'm sure there are lots of Republicans that do that, too, but really let's not all sound too anti-partisan here. I'm against the specific policies, not the people of the party.

Spoiler:

On another note, I have an idea that I think most people would enjoy more than the Game Corner's slot machines. There's a game corner where you need to pay $1,000 each day to play three different minigames, once each time. The minigames will use the new capabilities of the DS and Dsi. Each time you win a game, depending on how well you did, you win some Game Tickets. As you progress through the games, you will unlock new ones, revealing ten minigames in all. Some games can be played solo, against computers, on local wireless, or even against people across the world on Wi-fi! And when you're done having fun with the minigames, you can redeem your game tickets for fabulous prizes! Remember, the more you play the more you win! So what are you waiting for? Jump on in! The Goldenrod Game Corner.

Lol, I had to do an advertisement for that. :P

Last edited:

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • Hmm... let's keep posts more on the topic of the lack of slot machines, rather than politics and society and what-not. =P

Back