• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen "No, you're not the one." [SPOILER]

Years
  • Everyone remembers the ghost girl from Lumiose City, right? Well, it looks like GF is at it again and now there is a new girl (I guess she isn't a ghost?) at Mt. Pyre (she looks exactly the same, near the bottom wall) who tells the player "No, you're not the one". Do you think this is special or GF just making a small connection to X/Y?

Years
    • Seen Mar 16, 2019
    Actually I noticed this too, but I noticed another thing that I wonder if I missed out on.

After the first encounter with Lisia if you go to the contest hall, when you're leaving there's a "Hex Maniac" girl near the doorway. I didn't notice this fast enough so I ran past her and left the building without talking to her, but when I realized it and came back in she was gone. I wonder what she would have said or what I possibly missed out on.

Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2017
    Actually I noticed this too, but I noticed another thing that I wonder if I missed out on.

After the first encounter with Lisia if you go to the contest hall, when you're leaving there's a "Hex Maniac" girl near the doorway. I didn't notice this fast enough so I ran past her and left the building without talking to her, but when I realized it and came back in she was gone. I wonder what she would have said or what I possibly missed out on.

I saw that exact thing and also missed it myself. I reset and did that whole contest thing again and left the building a second time slowly and she wasn't there, but there were also different people in the contest hall as well from the previous time I went through the contest, and both times everyone I did talk to gave me berries, so I'm assuming that the ghost girl is simply another girl that gave you berries afar your win or loss. (If it matters, the first time I went through I lost and she was there, the second time after I reset I won and she wasn't there)

Years
    • Seen Apr 12, 2015
    Pokémon OR/AS' New Ghost Girl, did you miss her? [Possible Spoilers]

Fans of the Pokémon series will know that almost [if not all] games in the series have some form of supernatural occurrence that goes unexplained, usually in the form of a ghost character, and is left up to the player's interpretation as to just what the heck happened or who it could have been. Well, Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire are no exception!

This topic doesn't hold any actual spoilers, per se, but the Ghost does appear throughout the "story", so in case you have not beaten the Elite 4 yet and would like to see if you notice it on your own[since it is extremely easy to miss], close this thread and come back once you have!

This game's Ghost, as stated above, appears at one particular point in the story, and that's when you're facing the Elite 4. To be more specifically, during Phoebe's introduction scene before you battle her. As you all well know, Phoebe is the Elite 4's Ghost Trainer, making it the perfect place to "hide" this little Easter Egg. After you go through the eerie, yet stunningly gorgeous "hallway" to reach Phoebe's section, she introduces herself, like every other member of the E4. During this introduction, however, you have a clear shot of the area behind her where you have her chair in full view. The scene fades to black before fading back in from a different angle. During this fade, however...

Spoiler:

Did you see it? Of course you did, that gif was meant to show you. In her chair, for the briefest of seconds, a little Ghost Girl becomes visible! And that's not all, however. The scene it fades back into is taken behind Phoebe with some odd movements before fading to black again. Or at least, they seem odd when you haven't noticed the Ghost. When you do, however, you notice it is very plainly meant to be the point of view of the Ghost as it stands up from the chair and approaches you and Phoebe. Afterwards the scene fades back in and we get a shot where we can see both you and Phoebe continue to talk before the battle starts!

Spoiler:

There's nothing weird there, right? Well, let me show you an image of the scene right after you've defeated Phoebe, which is shot in the same angle.

Spoiler:

See any difference? If you go back to the picture right before you battle Phoebe you'll notice that the Ghost Girl is standing right next to you. Pay attention to your character's neck. There she is. Just staring at you, and your character blissfully unaware! Isn't that insane?! It is so easy to miss, but once you've seen it there is no way you can un-see it. The sad thing is that you cannot get this scene to happen again if you are to face the Elite 4 again, it is a one-time thing, just like all the other supernatural/ghost Easter Eggs in Pokémon games.

All images used her were acquired from an article on Kotaku, which in turn were made from Pyropuncher's playthrough on youtube, which I will also leave a link down here below for anyone who'd like to see it firsthand! [And so you can see the PoV camera angle after her first appearance.]

Spoiler:

So, what did you think?! Are you baffled that you missed it? Did you actually notice it when you were playing? Isn't it creepy? Isn't it awesome? I for one re-started my original save when I had reached the 8th Gym, so I have yet to actually reach this, but I am heavily looking forward to it. Especially since Ghost type (closely followed by Water) is my favorite typing and I just absolutely love these Easter Eggs!

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Sep 20, 2016
    wow... imo this may be the creepiest ghost phenomenon in the series, idk why tho. When I saw the gif I was waiting for something really small and fast but BAM there she is watching you battle.
    First time I saw the ORAS Elite4, I wondered why are there freaking chairs inside all the rooms? I'd never thought it would be related to the Ghost Girl! Did GF gave chairs to these trainers just to make this Easter Egg possible?

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2023
    I'm thinking that maybe, just maybe, that is how GameFreak make different camera angles during events, by using hidden NPCs. They probably just "showed" that 'girl NPC' 'too soon'. I dunno.

Xela

Do you believe in yourself?
    Years
    • Seen Feb 18, 2024
    Wow, I didn't even notice. That's so cool that they decide to hide the supernatural occurrence for the E4, I didn't even think about it being there in the first place and expected it to be somewhere at Sea Mauville or the like.

Years
    • Seen Apr 12, 2015
    wow... imo this may be the creepiest ghost phenomenon in the series, idk why tho. When I saw the gif I was waiting for something really small and fast but BAM there she is watching you battle.
    First time I saw the ORAS Elite4, I wondered why are there freaking chairs inside all the rooms? I'd never thought it would be related to the Ghost Girl! Did GF gave chairs to these trainers just to make this Easter Egg possible?

Ever since I played the R/B/Y games when I was a kid I've always wondered what the heck the trainers would do all day in that room, with nothing form of entertainment, and if they would get tired of just standing there all day. The addition of chairs just made me go "Oh, hey! They did something about it! At least they're not just standing there now all the time". So it's very funny that you say that 'cause they very well could have made the addition with the Easter Egg in mind and not exactly for the reason I originally thought it was. xD

There's more than just her, there is a hex maniac that talks and says "No it's not you" in the goodness forget name but the pokemon grave place.

Yeah, and I noticed her in-game, as well, but she doesn't come off as a ghost or supernatural occurrence in this game like she did in X/Y. She seems to be more of a nod towards the X/Y counterpart, since aside from that one line she's still just another NPC in Mt. Pyre. c:

I'm thinking that maybe, just maybe, that is how GameFreak make different camera angles during events, by using hidden NPCs. They probably just "showed" that 'girl NPC' 'too soon'. I dunno.

Camera angles don't exactly work that way, though. Even if they did, it's still too much of a coincidence for it to have only happened during Phoebe's scene, or for it to be longer than the rest. It also would not explain why the Ghost Girl appears next to your character at one point, since that wasn't an angle that was ever used in the scene. There's also no reason for it to be invisible one moment and then not, because if they were somehow being used for camera movement [which is really unnecessary], there would be no need to make them visible, ever. Those are just my thoughts on the matter, though. xD;

I'll admit, I'm a little freaked out for only realizing it now.

Wow, I didn't even notice. That's so cool that they decide to hide the supernatural occurrence for the E4, I didn't even think about it being there in the first place and expected it to be somewhere at Sea Mauville or the like.

My thoughts exactly! I never would have thought they'd put it in the middle of a scene in the E4, something you actually go through to complete the main story. I love it!

Last edited:

Kirkland

show me my silver lining
    Years
  • I saw this on Kotaku last night. It's pretty creepy! I'm not there yet but I was waiting for a ghost of some kind to make an appearance. This is pretty good! Some people have been saying it's related to a 'certain' legendary again, but I can't see how. I think it was just because it's Pheobe, and they added it in to see if anyone would even notice it. But I dunno. Maybe there's more stuff that no one has actually noticed yet. *shrug*

Back