• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Non-legendaries who should be Legendary

Years
  • Pretty much the opposite of this thread.

So we know there some Legendary Pokemon whose status is disputed, but what about a non-legendary that you think should have been a Legendary? It could be something you once confused for a non-legendary, or a Pokedex entry or description that suggests it.

Frozocrone

Fighting a bigger fight
    Years
  • Arcanine comes to mind immediatly.

Also Phione, like you're going to make Cosmog evolve into Cosmeom and then Solgaleo/Lunala but not retcon Phione into Manaphy, when Manaphy can actually make Eggs with Ditto?

GameFreak...u got sum 'xplaining to do.

Years
  • I'd probably say Volcarona. That thing has its own chamber in Relic Castle and it seems to be viewed up to as a Pokemon known to replace the sun. It also has very good stats that seem to be around the level of legendaries.

Desert Stream~

Holy Kipper!
    Years
    • She/Her
    • Seen Aug 20, 2023
    Also Phione, like you're going to make Cosmog evolve into Cosmeom and then Solgaleo/Lunala but not retcon Phione into Manaphy, when Manaphy can actually make Eggs with Ditto?

GameFreak...u got sum 'xplaining to do.

I totally agree with this, but some accounts list Phione as legendary already. I guess it's a matter of opinion.

Also some of the "One-off" pokemon like Volcorona, Rotom, Zoarark, etc. Now that legendaries can evolve, it opens up sooo many possibilities!

クリスタル

The Pokemon Observer
    Years
  • How about Unown?

Although they are weak and they are a species in a whole bunch of countless amount, but from in-universe POV, the lores and mystery that surrounding this entire species is no less then any legendary pokemons.
    Also do not forget, they featured in 2 movies (M03 being the central role, and M10 in the background), appeared before the ritual of creation of Creation Trio by Arceus in HGSS, resided only in ruins of unknown origin.

Their entire species are no less mystical than any of the legendary pokemons.

blue

gucci
    Years
  • Slaking seems like it would be quite a fitting legendary. Amongst other things it has a BST of 670 which is on par with the likes of Groudon, Kyogre, and Regigigas.

SilverLeafeon75

Type diversity? What type diversity?
    Years
  • Arcanine is an obvious choice, as it was demoted for Moltres. I can't believe Rotom is not a legendary, and Volcorona could be a good shout, just add some lore and it should be fine.

Back