• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Legendary not worthy of its Legendary status!

LegendChu

❤ CAREFREE, BUT CARING ❤
    Years
    Heatran was my first choice as well, in the previous Thread.

As for Phione, its Total Stats only equal to 480, why is it even in this category, I mean why exactly was it given a "Legendary" status, I still fail to understand?

Pika Pika :chu:

tokyodrift

[i]got me looking for attention[/i]
    Years
    • Age 30
    • he/him
    • Seen Mar 8, 2024
    I'd also have to say Phione. I understand it's bred from Manaphy, but I just don't see it on the same level as the rest of them.

LegendChu

❤ CAREFREE, BUT CARING ❤
    Years
    Probably because it's bred from Manaphy and its relationship with it, but that still shouldn't really mean anything if its base stats are that low. u_u
    I'd also have to say Phione. I understand it's bred from Manaphy, but I just don't see it on the same level as the rest of them.
    Legendaries are not supposed to breed, so why the exception, I don't understand, makes no sense.

But then again, Pokemon isn't supposed to make sense anyways :P.

Years
    Stats- and attack-wise, I don't think Phione should be a legendary. Although I'm a fan of Phione, and I'd love to see her (him?) get some buffs and become worthy of the legendary tier!

Design-wise, I don't think Meloetta fits in as a legend... I think Meloetta would be perfect as a rare, normal Pokemon, but I'm not overjoyed with her appearance. That said, I like her sheet music hair. {XD}

Years
    I agree with most above posts and say Phione. It may be related to Manaphy but in the big picture it's literally an inferior version of Manaphy with worse stats and a worse movepool.

tokyodrift

[i]got me looking for attention[/i]
    Years
    • Age 30
    • he/him
    • Seen Mar 8, 2024
    Legendaries are not supposed to breed, so why the exception, I don't understand, makes no sense.

But then again, Pokemon isn't supposed to make sense anyways :P.

I think it gave more of an interesting outtake on Legendaries by making one of them being able to breed. I think it was a pretty neat feature, although you didn't get another Manaphy, but it was a neat feature that was added into the game. I can see it being in the Pseudo-Legendary class though.

Adam Levine

[color=#ffffff][font="Century Gothic"]I have tried
    Years
    Other than Phione...

GENESECT. I know it's a Mythical Pokémon, but that makes even less sense. Is something prehistoric and futuristic at the same time able to be called "mythical"? Seriously, it's just a bug covered in a suit of armor.

LegendChu

❤ CAREFREE, BUT CARING ❤
    Years
    Other than Phione...

GENESECT. I know it's a Mythical Pokémon, but that makes even less sense. Is something prehistoric and futuristic at the same time able to be called "mythical"? Seriously, it's just a bug covered in a suit of armor.
    Genesect is just a recoloured, modified Kabutops, with an extra "cannon" attached to its back. Get rid of its Legendary status already :P.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    I agree. Heatran is irrelevant and could have easily been a pseudo. Everywhere they stick him... He just doesn't scream legendary.

Also Keldeo because they wasted their chance in Unova to make it the cause of the water :(

DragonGuru

I'm A Dragon Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Dec 7, 2016
    I'll also say Phione, its too weak to be considered a legendary.

Mister Coffee

Blathering Fool
    Years
    • Seen Nov 7, 2020
    I totally forgot Phione was a pokemon that existed until you guys brought it up, (which is ironic because I have a Manaphy), and I totally agree that it definitely does not deserve a Legend classification.

I want to believe that Heatran was a situation where GF designed it as a normal pokemon and then at the last minute they were nervous of how useful and powerful it was so they gave it a Legend classification in order to set some boundaries for it. I actually think that Legendary classification on it is not totally unreasonable because it is an incredibly powerful pokemon, but they should have cut off its breeding capabilities.

I love Meloetta, but by design, play style, move pool, and stats, it just doesn't feel like a Legendary pokemon, I could easily see it fitting as a Pseudo Legendary, but I feel it is about as Legendary as Aegislash.

LegendChu

❤ CAREFREE, BUT CARING ❤
    Years
    I love Meloetta, but by design, play style, move pool, and stats, it just doesn't feel like a Legendary pokemon, I could easily see it fitting as a Pseudo Legendary, but I feel it is about as Legendary as Aegislash.
    I'll agree with this. I too like Meloetta, I mean there's nothing about it that's bad, its just that for some reason, I don't see it as a Legendary Pokemon.

PageEmp

No money puns. They just don’t make cents.
    Years
    Heatran......thazzit.
    Legendary not worthy of its Legendary status!

Last edited by a moderator:
    Years
    Phione, I can deal with Manaphy and actually quite like it, but Phione just doesn't feel like a legendary :/

Years
    • Seen Jan 7, 2017
    There are loads imo, too many..off the top of my head the whole Sword of Justice nonsense, all the Regis, latios & latias, phione, heatran

Also Celebi personally

Twilight-kun

Pokémon World Champion
    Years
    • Seen Jul 27, 2023
    Arceus, Dialga, Palkia, Giratina, Groudon, Kyogre, Rayquaza, Ho-Oh, Lugia, Xerneas, Yveltal, Zygarde, Reshiram, Zekrom, Kyurem, Mew, Mewtwo

If your name wasn't called, you are no longer a legendary pokémon in my eyes

Years
    Articuno have you looked at it's stats they're rather terrible especially it's attack only 85 attack and 95 special attack i thought legendary's were supposed to have strong attack.

Back