• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

North Korean leader Kim Jong Il dead at 69

Years
    • Seen Dec 31, 2011
    So you see, if the rulers don't start threatening each other & the world, then you've got peace for the world.

The thing is we will NEVER have peace. There are still people in our country who are abusive/manipulative while there's still good things in our country, there's still people who will commit suicide for no real reason (like an instinctive depression), and there's people who still have mental/social disorders, and men are STILL murdering women.

Women still have to keep fighting in our country to make an example, and the more examples made, the more bloodshed happens because there will still be mentally ill people in our world.

We need to continue learning by examples. Once we stop, we end up thinking the good times are all that matters, then we get girls with the princess disorder, then the men with narcissism (or both have narcissism).

We still have prostitutes that don't care about their bodies being used, and men that don't give a crap about life. There are still people who torture animals.

You can say we're all good people, but we need a shitload of morals pumped into us, and examples. That's why people make movies with a story, and once that gets changed, all of a sudden things are too good again, and people will sink back.

There's never going to be a perfect world, and we have to accept that. These dictators have a shitload of ego going on.

There are three possiblilities on what could happen:
    1. Kin Jong Un decides that what his father and grandfather (and Soviet Russia) did was wrong on so many levels, so he decides to take down the demilitarization zone and reunifies Korea under the South Korean government, with a little help from the United States and Europe
    2. He declares war on South Korea (and possibly China), and only the United States and Europe can stop his wrath (in other words, he becomes just like Adolf Hitler and Saddam Hussein)
    3. The people of North Korea decide that he is an idiot and decide to overthrow him

Agreed, the country has caused enough trouble as it is, wither way, the United Nations will most likely be watching them very heavily as the new leader takes the helm.
    All 3 can happen too. Adolf Hitler was a damaged man, told rumors and lies to twist his mind to believe that jews were bad. In a way, his father has already done so, by showing the glorified country he lives in, and possibly influencing him that the rest of the world is evil.

Maybe he will, one day, realize that the way things are are not good, then the millions of supporters in core N.Korea will overthrow him.

It could be a positive thing where there's still good people in the core (though not too likely, who knows?) and the population masses will have a massive civil war willing to sacrifice their lives to free themselves!

Who knows what damage could happen then. Maybe one of the politicians within the palace will start launching Nukes and missiles if that ever happens... it will be a world-wide panic!

--------------------------------------
    If you think about how good things can lead to negative consequences, we came from ancestors who could never agree on one language! And USA and Canada are STILL not perfect. Here in Canada, the elderly are still being mistreated too. Also, there's an outbreak of mental illness, and people who have these disorders are still being abused by medical staff.

Nurses still do ****** things to regular people in hospitals here. There are arrogant people in this country, even if nothing is going on.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Aug 24, 2012
    Then I will respond to the stuff that you've told me.

I didn't say that his son will start WW3. I've stated very clearly that I would like for him to die by his own hands, or to be assassinated or tried for his crimes, IF, & only if, he actually starts it in the first place. If he leaves the world well enough alone, that's all fine & dandy. We could happily move on with our lives. I haven't have much certainty within my words.

On the other hand, you sound very certain that America will start WW3. I just want you to know, is that you shouldn't judge things based on a country's behavior, as nothing that we're all saying is going to be set in stone, here. This is called jumping to conclusions, & I'm very certain that this is frowned upon in this part of the forums. America polices the world for a real good reason: There has to be someone that keeps order around the world in check. Otherwise, this whole world will end up falling into a rift of chaos & anarchy. If no one ends up being a jerk for a ruler, then everyone should at least be content. I'm very sure that nobody would like being ruled by a tyrant, would they? & if they started making threats around the world, that's definitely going to provoke a response.

So you see, if the rulers don't start threatening each other & the world, then you've got peace for the world.
    I absolutely agree with what you said in the very last part of your post. However, I feel that USA has involved itself in threatening other countries such as Palestine, Iraq, Iran, and Afghanistan. Like what you said, peace cannot be reached by threatening and waging war on such nations.

Years
    • Seen Dec 31, 2011
    Well, if America starts WW3, then the USA would look like total pricks, and piss off people.

If USA waits for N.Korea to push the red button, either we're screwed or USA can still look like asses for not helping the people before it happened.

And if USA acts after the missiles are launched and people are killed, USA will STILL look like asses because they're acting like heroes after pussying out...

There's no winning, is there now?

I absolutely agree with what you said in the very last part of your post. However, I feel that USA has involved itself in threatening other countries such as Palestine, Iraq, Iran, and Afghanistan. Like what you said, peace cannot be reached by threatening and waging war on such nations.

Speaking of weeping, there are already videos of it online.
    4 possibilities:

1. People are sobbing because they truly worshiped him as a leader.
    2. People are so happy that he's dead, but are forcing hysterical cries to mask their joy so they don't get killed.
    3. People are SO relieved that he's gone, just happen to be crying in grief for the people who have suffered his regime, and are using that to pretend to cry for the loss of their leader.
    4. People are glad he's gone, but are still hopeless since the new ruler is the leader's son going into power, and fear what might happen. But use that as a ploy.

I'd say all of the above are true, because there seems to be various signs of many possibilities.

However, the army is so massive, the people know they're screwed, however will sacrifice their lives at the sign of hope.

Years
    • Seen Aug 24, 2012

What are you talking about? you could find about a million threats of war(by north korea, and just this year) over south korea doing something. Such as military training on an island, and just recently... Christmas lights.

It seems like you're just trying to either troll people or just start a flame war.
    I would ask that you list 50 of said "million threats" which north korea has made this year. I guarantee that you will not find one sixteeth of one million threats made by north korea, which clearly outlines the means of your slanderous misinformation about north korea's government.

I believe that you are confusing refusal of adhering to american marshal law, to that of global terrorism threats. Which is a fundamentally flawed argument.

You wish to demonize the people of north korea for no good reason. They deserve respect just as anybody else.

Mr. X

It's... kinda effective?
    Years
    Were not demonizing the people of North Korea. Just their leader.

And he was exaggerating his claims, but the fact is that their are plenty of examples of NK attacking SK without being provoked. The only reason NK hasn't been bombed off the map for their aggression is because no one really wants to risk NK firing off whatever nukes they might have.

Tell me, when was the last time the USA shelled a neighboring country? Or sank a ship belonging to a neighboring country? Or threatened war because our neighbor was holding military exercises on a nearby island?

Adhearence to American marshal law? Wrong. Try NATO marshal law, or whatever the organizations name is that is against NK and their attempts to start ****. While America is in that group, I guarantee that we are not the only nation who tries to police NK.

Years
    • Seen Aug 24, 2012
    Were not demonizing the people of North Korea. Just their leader.

And he was exaggerating his claims, but the fact is that their are plenty of examples of NK attacking SK without being provoked. The only reason NK hasn't been bombed off the map for their aggression is because no one really wants to risk NK firing off whatever nukes they might have.

Tell me, when was the last time the USA shelled a neighboring country? Or sank a ship belonging to a neighboring country? Or threatened war because our neighbor was holding military exercises on a nearby island?

Adhearence to American marshal law? Wrong. Try NATO marshal law, or whatever the organizations name is that is against NK and their attempts to start ****. While America is in that group, I guarantee that we are not the only nation who tries to police NK.
    I just figured out that you are absolutely right, I am sorry for saying stupid stuff. The USA and Nato should definitely do what they want to north korea. I hope you can forgive me for my short sightedness.

The tug of war must end, and it is our responsibility to be RESPECTFUL. We do not have anything to gain by trying to create problems.

Last edited:
    Years
    i wonder what the teams would be if WWIII did happen although i hope that it never comes to WWIII happening

Unlikely. The world is too dependent on each other now for anything like that to happen. The most that can happen in my opinion is another Cold War.

And if the new leader of NK is like Elagabalus (Teenage Roman Emperor that played a role in Rome's decline), then we're doomed.

Zet

Years
    I would ask that you list 50 of said "million threats" which north korea has made this year. I guarantee that you will not find one sixteeth of one million threats made by north korea, which clearly outlines the means of your slanderous misinformation about north korea's government.

I believe that you are confusing refusal of adhering to american marshal law, to that of global terrorism threats. Which is a fundamentally flawed argument.

You wish to demonize the people of north korea for no good reason. They deserve respect just as anybody else.
    Not once did I demonize the citizens of North Korea.

I wish you would stop trying to start a flame war over something you don't have any information on(the proof is you didn't even know that it was NATO law and not federal law. You should really study this stuff before posting, otherwise you'll just look stupid; too late for that). You keep insisting that America will start WWIII, but here's a little fun fact, Kim Jong-Il's son is worse than him, he will either fire missiles everywhere or actually make North Korea a better place, but I wouldn't bet my money on the latter.

Years
    • Seen Dec 31, 2011

Not once did I demonize the citizens of North Korea.

I wish you would stop trying to start a flame war over something you don't have any information on(the proof is you didn't even know that it was NATO law and not federal law. You should really study this stuff before posting, otherwise you'll just look stupid; too late for that). You keep insisting that America will start WWIII, but here's a little fun fact, Kim Jong-Il's son is worse than him, he will either fire missiles everywhere or actually make North Korea a better place, but I wouldn't bet my money on the latter.
    The only thing people know right now is that Kim Jong-un is the spitting image and personality of his father, however he's had an education in Switzerland under a false name, so there's still a shred of hope.

The only issue is his uncle, Jang Song Taek, who is still running the process of grooming Kim Jong-un into leadership. Who knows if the uncle is going to tell him bad things, or if the uncle is still good at heart, and cares for his people but knew nothing could be done.

Maybe they truly did see things Kim Jong-il's way, a lot of his followers do. However they have all been groomed to believe his wild stories.

The only thing I could think of is that Kim Jong-un is going to play it out until he can have total control.

I saw news footage of Kim Jong-un crying over his father's casket, however this doesn't mean he believed 100% in his father's views, he might be questioning them. This is why the USA want to take an opportunity to make a peaceful transition, even if his son is a total wingnut and would launch a Nuke at the sight of things weakening, or start WW3.

He might be crying because of his early thrust into leadership, meaning he still has a long way before change is made. It may be another 20 to 40 years before we see any change in Kim Jong-un, so don't get your hopes up or down.

He may appear as a wingnut, but he's been groomed by his father meticulously.

Years
    • Seen Dec 31, 2011
    Apparently the education in N.Korea is extremely strict. No wonder considering what's been going on in their country. If a woman is not a perfect dancer, or stumbles even the slightest, she could be killed, or bumped down to a "subordinate" role, such as sewing.

Also, if a woman in a subordinate role screws up on her work, she could be bumped down further, tortured, or murdered.

I'm only making educated guesses from what I've seen and heard, considering that they do abuse women. I can only guess that there's a lot of rape going on as well.

They've just put his body on display...
    I'd imagine one day people will burn his shrine as a movement of change if things ever get better, or we will all die off, and future people will view his shrine as a burial for a god.

I can see future spelunking too. Oh joy oh joy, economy, romanticism, and communism all over again! Maybe people will just blow themselves up by then and get it over with.

In a way, people have always been known to split apart and run away from their problems. Can you imagine if they rule over how they won't agree on the views set for them? They'll be as confused as ever over the things happening to them, and they STILL will never learn.

If we ever do get things going on our side, bad things still happen to people. Strange births happen, and perfectly normal families can have a child that has a different way of thinking. What then? They're not strong nor subordinate to the system any longer, and in reality, the leaders of that country will blow themselves up if things don't go perfectly. We've learned from history that that can happen. The Greeks are a good example of good things happening, and then it has to be gloriously perfect, or then what?

It's all an endless cycle that can never be fixed unless we're all hard working farmers, just getting food to survive. Then what? Children won't be learning much anymore, then they watch the stars and dream of escape, go into the wilderness, or protest the murder of cows and we have a new split!

Then the kid that watched the stars starts making inventions, another kid gets inspired by those inventions, and creates something to make things easier for the farmers. Now that they have a new device, they get lazy. Oh wait, women can't do the hard work as viewed by the farmer, since rounding up fat piggies and killing cows is not a woman's job, so she must be weak. Sexism all over again!

The vegan is then viewed as weak, as caring as a vegan is to other creatures, the vegan will not survive by not killing an animal that will take advantage of a weak human. Then we have another split, because the vegan will kill the bear to survive, but then will have to honor the death of the bear. By then the kids will learn a new religion, to respect the land and killing an animal is okay as long as you respect it. But that can lead to lost translation, because hunting meat becomes a new survival need, then it's okay to kill and eat the animal as long as you respect it.

Splitting up is a part of us. As much as we'd like to work together, imagine this scenario:

If we were all equal rights and farmers and maintained a healthy managable land, we can grow and eat proper meals. Here's were 3 splits can occur. Wild storms will destroy crops, it's part of nature. But without explanation, the only rationality people have will be that god does not approve of their crops.

Another split could be that food turns into cooking. After all, raw food is boring, and hard to digest as we get more comfortable with life. By then it can eventually lead to many cooking styles, then pizza, then greasy pizza leading to food addictions as we see today.

Another split is, no matter how hard we work to live a happy and comfortable life, eventually the work is always too repetitive, and can lead to a numb mind. This can lead to disillusion and confusion, breaking our minds down to a senseless state. We start bumping into each other, and get irritable, turning to frustration and rage.

I can make an entire list here, but I think I'll stop here.

What is our ultimate goal in life? To live happily, and die in a situation that makes us happy so we can move on. But not everyone knows how to do that. We've gone from a society that struggles to survive, and the dream for some is a beautiful island to live our final life. Except we've overpopulated and perverted our sense of life.

While video games and technology are the best thing we have gained, it's created a generation of lazy and stupid and blissfully ignorant teenagers to the situation. They would not be able to handle survival once it slaps them in the face.

Technology is not any better to helping us, because the more we try to understand about us, the less people will care in their position in life and continue to grow the economy over creativity madness!

Anime, clothing, hats. None of us are growing food anymore, and giving to other people. Some of us can't create, and some of us aren't allowed in the government because of our views. Not that that's a bad thing, it's something this world has led to. And no matter what we do, there will always be someone who will look at you cross-eyed because of your race, your gender, your mental illness, or because of your freedom/expression/choices in life. And the more the good times roll, the more we find out that teenagers will do something like drugs without understanding the consequences.

Last edited:

FreakyLocz14

Conservative Patriot
    Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2018
    Years
    • Seen Dec 31, 2011
    Here are some more pictures of the weeping:

While I'm sure some are faking tears to avoid legal sanctions, I know that many of the people have been indoctrinated since childhood to worship Kim Jong Il almost like a god.

Some speculation on who will run things until Jong Un takes over:
    I read something interesting in a CBS article: apparently the teachers are teaching kids about Anne Frank who was part of WWII, and they're telling kids not to be weak like Anne, compare George Bush to Hitler, and compare the Nazis who invaded Anne Frank's country to American Nazis (boy, did we get lucky with an idiot like G.W.Bush up there after oil, and jar heads in the military).

They're telling them not to be weak like Anne, and that they must fight for fear of American Nazis doing the same to them.

However, you have to wonder: how could Anne Frank fight off millions of Nazi soldiers? And you couldn't tell them why Hitler did what he did, because they have their own views now.

You could probably just tell them that Anne Frank's people failed her, and were weak, but not her. Unfortunately this raises new issues over women's rights all over again.

(Unfortunately I can't post the URL, you'll have to google it)

2Cool4Mewtwo

Pwning in Ubers since 1996.
    Years

Heheh, he died at age 69

I have quite a few Korean friends, and I've somewhat "learned" about the way things are in Korea, therefore I have a fair amount of knowledge on what goes on in North Korea.

1. Kin Jong Un decides that what his father and grandfather (and Soviet Russia) did was wrong on so many levels, so he decides to take down the demilitarization zone and reunifies Korea under the South Korean government, with a little help from the United States and Europe
    2. He declares war on South Korea (and possibly China), and only the United States and Europe can stop his wrath (in other words, he becomes just like Adolf Hitler and Saddam Hussein)
    3. The people of North Korea decide that he is an idiot and decide to overthrow him

1 - Not likely. He's probably been trained himself (or is being trained right now) just to be like his father. It's too good to be true.
    2 - Bit of an extreme case, but can happen.
    3 - Again, not as likely as we want it to be. Remember, many N. Koreans have been brainwashed by propaganda.

IMO, nothing is really going to change unless the way the next leader (Kim jong-on or something, I believe) is extremely radical, either in a good way or in a bad way. (open up to the world or attempt to control the world or something)

Years
    As soon as my dad told me when he turned on the news he goes.
    "There goes half of asia"
    Hopefully no war breaks out because no body deserves to die and the history of previous wars should show that there is no need too. Hopefully Japan doesn't get affected. I WANT MORE POGEYMANZ!!

Years
    • Seen Dec 8, 2023
    Here are some more pictures of the weeping:
    https://photoblog.msnbc.msn.com/_ne...ourn-the-death-of-kim-jong-il-the-dear-leader

While I'm sure some are faking tears to avoid legal sanctions, I know that many of the people have been indoctrinated since childhood to worship Kim Jong Il almost like a god.

Some speculation on who will run things until Jong Un takes over:
    https://worldnews.msnbc.msn.com/_ne...-aunt-and-uncle-be-north-korea-puppet-masters

almost like a god? He is a god to them, completely.

Years
    Well I can't laugh at Kin Jong-Il looking at things anymore. ;-;

*weeps hysterically* WHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY?!?!?!?!

Anyways, everytime the North Korean debate comes up, I seriously wonder what the economic repercussions are of reunification. Heck studying how the German reunification led to the Euro (Yes, it was a big part of it) just underscores how much of an economic impact North Korea has if it ever destabilizes.

Mr. X

It's... kinda effective?
    Years
    Well I can't laugh at Kin Jong-Il looking at things anymore. ;-;

*weeps hysterically* WHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY?!?!?!?!

I don't get the point to that site.

Anyways, everytime the North Korean debate comes up, I seriously wonder what the economic repercussions are of reunification. Heck studying how the German reunification led to the Euro (Yes, it was a big part of it) just underscores how much of an economic impact North Korea has if it ever destabilizes.

NK is a small country. I don't see what the ramifications are if it and SK reunifies. Overall, reunification = neutral or good for global economy. Destabilization = bad for grlobal economy.

Back