• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Not my Chikorita!

Yuoaman

I don't know who I am either.
    Years
    Jesus...

Nintendo does realize that most of their die-hard fans are in their mid to late teens now, right?

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    I hate that commercial so much. I really, really do. The Ruby/Sapphire commercials were good as well as the Diamond/Pearl one. Why they had to butcher one of the most anticipated Pokemon game's commercial, I will never know. It's a shame, really. And embarrassing, because HGSS is really a great game. It's gettin' bad rep, yo.

Wings Don't Cry

Maybe she's born with it
    Years
    They're showing this on NZ TV but the voices are all different, so it doesn't sound as ridiculous but still having razor leaf and losing to a lvl 5 Totodile, I'm a bit disappointed in the creators of the ad.

ChrisTom

With all regards,
    Years
    I don't care if it was because "The kid won against his brother"

It still makes Pokemon look immature in my opinion. Thank you Katie Q for liking the other commercial I posted. I think if they made it more like that it would be good. It isn't childish, or adult: It's simply cool. I think the original Red/Blue Pokemon commercial (the one where the Pokemon walk across the cable cord) was better than this one. Anyways, to each his own.

With all regards,

-ChrisTom

BrainDamage

Vinyl Jockey
    Years
    I'm not gonna lie, its commercials like that that make me feel embarrassed to play pokemon. And I normally don't feel embarrassed playing pokemon.

Meta-Morph

A Mysterious Person Appeared!
    Years
    Diamond and Pearl was much better, it actually looked cool (I remember that commercial...Good times)

Dmatt

Medium-Rare Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Nov 24, 2014
    The kid at the start sounds so stupid and bad-acted that I think it was on purpose (internet meme much?)
    Other than that, the promo made me wanna run and train and buy.So it's good overall.

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Jan 10, 2015
    That makes me a little embarassed, I mean, I wouldn't want someone that knows I like pokemon to see it 'cause they'd be like; "What the hell? You like this?" and it also makes me want to punch him.

OH NO DAWG, NOT MY CHIKORIDAAA. >____>;

Rucario

Madam you see before you stand
    Years
    The only thing that went through my mind when seeing this was "What could possibly happen to this child's Chikorita to make him say that out loud?" Probably some glitch that allows Team Rocket to totally destroy your pokemon into craters. Or maybe he lost on a wifi battle, I don't know. Your guess is as good as mine.

teng23

Nidoking Kicks buttox
    Years
    • HB
    • Seen Apr 5, 2010
    what a noob, who goes up against a chikorita with a totodile...

Back