• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Not my Chikorita!

umbreon_4_life

aka Commander Mars
    Years
    • Seen Apr 11, 2012
    Ha ha ha! I've never noticed that before because my 16 year old sis always makes fun of me when this commercial plays! But that's really funny!

"Are you kidding me? Not my Chikorita!" *the boy suddenly grabes PokéWalker and runs out the door*
    *Battles another Pokémon; wins, and jumps around like a freak*
    That's what I saw.

Anyway, this happened to me a LOT of times! LOL! One time was when I was trying to defeat Lance , then my Vaporeon died (Vaporeon has an Ice-type move, Aurora Beam). I was all like, "Ahhhhh! My only chance of winning! Noooooooo! =O" And it was an intense battle... Until I lost and battled him again...

Master Kavar

Where beginnings are
    Years
    some guys maybe risky and tries things the hard way instead of catching some that is less effective nooooo he has to use his totodile lolz

Kon~

Follow your dream to the end ~
    Years
    Hahaha! What a useless kid!

The ad they're using over here in the UK is a pretty young woman talking about owning a Chansey in Pokemon Gold/Silver, and then the narrator talking about doing it all over again in HG/SS. But I see what they're doing thar. Pretty young woman + likes Pokemon = hundreds of male teenagers thinking "Pretty girl... nice. OH! POKEMON! WOO!"

Neuca

Fill me up with berries...
    Years
    • Seen Jun 6, 2010
    I'm not gonna lie, its commercials like that that make me feel embarrassed to play pokemon. And I normally don't feel embarrassed playing pokemon.

I agree with that.
    I mean, that overly excited boy kinda makes it seem as though Pokemon is for, 'overly excited boy's'. Plus, that narrators voice is just too damn annoying...
    Oh well, I just wonder how many people were enticed to buy the game from that advertisment?

Katie_Q

Pokemon master in the making
    Years
    I agree with that.
    I mean, that overly excited boy kinda makes it seem as though Pokemon is for, 'overly excited boy's'. Plus, that narrators voice is just too damn annoying...
    Oh well, I just wonder how many people were enticed to buy the game from that advertisment?
    Most likely the overly excited boy's would have been enticed

Years
    I'm assuming the girl in the UK commercial is some celebrity I don't know/care about?

Nintendo adverts are just awful in general, remember the Animal Crossing: Wild World one, "I planted flowers in the morning" et cetera and the Wii ones with Ant and Dec... Saying that the FFXIII one with Leona Lewis who's acting skills are more transparent then Britney Spears' miming is no better...

Back