• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Novelty Pokemon Mafia

Years
  • I'll try my best to come up with something, mind me if this info has already been said.

I think Alternative, Superjolt, and Abby are part of the Mafia. Abby has already claimed to be part of the mafia, giving him all the lynch votes. Superjolt and Alternative could be holding off on voting to prevent Abby from getting killed, but as everyone else already voted for abby, it made no difference. If they voted on someone else, it could be looked as suspicious of them trying to divert the blame to someone else.

Could this be horribly wrong/obvious? Yes, but it's all I got.

mew_nani

Pokécommunity's Licensed Tree Exorcist
    Years
  • I'd be lying if I said Superjolt didn't feel off somewhat. Normally he's incredibly informative and observant but... I dunno if it's because he's a GM and is distracted or what but something kinda feels wrong. I mean he's still acting mostly normal but... eeh.... I dunno his posts don't really feel like they usually do. Then again I haven't played in a while so I have no idea if that means anything.

Years
  • I mean, if you want to be absolutely certain, feel free and target Superjolt. I was working under the assumption that the math earlier was correct and that the last unclaimed person in that group had to be mafia.

As for why I'm suspicious of Johnny, he's been pretty much exclusively targeting me for apparently not contributing enough, despite the fact his only contributions to this game have been his posts going after me.

I find Radiating suss because he's done nothing but openly sheep this entire game. I get that he's new, but ever since Anna pulled that stunt back in His Return the "I'm new, just ignore my sheeping" play has always set off warning bells.

Years
  • I can assure you I'm innocent, take into consideration what I've done.

1. I keep jumping on the lynch bandwagon, it'd be pointless for me to jump on if I knew they were my teammates. (Why would I kill them?)

2. Yes, my sheeping might look suspicious, but I barely know the individual roles and how we're supposed to analyze information. Have I really done anything else suspicious other than "sheeping around"?

Btw are we allowed to reveal our role (or Pokemon in this case) if all goes haywire?

Last edited:

Nakuzami

[img]https://i.imgur.com/iwlpePA.png[/img]
    Years
  • Jumping on the bandwagon is a case against you, not for. No mafia have been lynched, so of course the mafia would just allow bandwagons on innos to go through unobstructed.

But yes, you may reveal your role at any time.

mew_nani

Years
  • I can assure you I'm innocent, take into consideration what I've done.

1. I keep jumping on the lynch bandwagon, it'd be pointless for me to jump on if I knew they were my teammates. (Why would I kill them?)

2. Yes, my sheeping might look suspicious, but I barely know the individual roles and how we're supposed to analyze information.

Btw are allwed to reveal our role (or Pokemon in this case) if all goes haywire?
    For your first point, if you were mafia and you didn't jump off it would be just as suspicious, if not more so in some situations, than if you had just sheeped and followed the bandwagon. The whole point of being mafia is to blend in and look as much like a villager as possible; making yourself stand out in a bad way is not a good thing to do. As for your second... well I mean that's plausible. I was a newbie too and heck even now I'm not that familiar with ALL the roles.

By the way quick hint; epicmafia has an extensive listing on just about every role there is in mafia. If you're confused, look there.

As for role reveal, sure you can do that. I'd save it for when you're about to get lynched or something similar, but you can reveal what role you have (or what Pokemon you are in this case) at any time you like.

Who's Kiyo?

puking rainbows
    Years
  • bard r u fucking serious with the "investigate kiyo"

Anyway, I decided to do a dissection of Alternative, since they're too inactive for my tastes. They seem to only speak in aimless questions to the group and provide no real insight into the general conversation, and like to discuss mechanics to make it seem like they're contributing.

Spoiler:

I don't like any of this. Is there anything they themselves or anyone can provide that shouldn't make me scumread them?​

Alternative

f i r e f l y .
    Years

• 1. They (jd and gimmepie) were talking about Wobbuffet literally the post before mine so I don't see why this is a point made to make me look scummy.

2. Sounds as if you're putting words in my mouth. I never said it was complicated, but rather specific. I simply thought perhaps this could be another mafia role which lets people learn of others' roles and how they work, which I don't think is such a bad thing given at the time Bard had everyone's FoS, right?

3. You have a point there, I apologize for that comment.

4. Is it a bad thing to be conflicted? I'm playing town and don't want to make a bad choice which would be a detriment to my side. I mean, at the time all the votes for at least Gunner and Hypermorian were based on bandwagons.

5. Was trying to correct Bard somewhat by including the possibility that Gunner's lynching could have been decided by a coinflip. Not that it really matters since he forgot to include Gunner's Magikarp role at the time lol.

6. I wasn't 100% sure on how day ending worked if everyone had voted. I was under the assumption that if everyone had voted, the day would end and wanted to prevent that so we knew what to do when the lights go out. Also the last part was my bad, I didn't see that Vaporeon's ability was already posted.

As for proving myself to be innocent, I'm not really sure how I can do that right now without my night action, unless you would like me to claim my role?

EDIT: Oh right forgot to do this jdkhfkjfdg [VOTE] Abby

Last edited:

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
    Years

• Novelty Pokemon Mafia

Level 20 (Night)

"You'll never get the rest of us! And even after I'm gone, you sons of bitches won't even be able to see anything! Stupid novelty Pokemon: I'll see you in hell, where all you outcasts and rejects belong! You want super-villainy? I'll give you so much super-villainy, I'll make Mr Burns look like Mr Cat Dog!* So go on: do your worst, bitches. I dare you."​

Abby was lynched. He was Charmeleon.

symire has been replaced by Salzorrah^2.

Spoiler:

Night will end in 24 hours time, at 10:00pm BST on Wednesday 26 April. Please ensure that you get your night actions in before the deadline.

Please be advised that the next day phase (Level 25) will be conducted in private with lynch votes conducted via Discord/PM, subject to the super-duper-amazing event that I've been hyping up for probably too long!

*This is a joke because I'm actually really, really nice. Honestly. Humble, too.
    Rules and Mechanics

1. Please be civil to one another. This is only a game; we're not opening the Ark of the Covenant.
    2. Each day phase will last approximately 48 hours, and each night phase will last approximately 24 hours.
    3. Unless stated, you can't target yourself with your Night Action.
    4. Lynch votes must be written in the format of [#LYNCH] Username. If you want to change your vote, you must use the format [#UNVOTE] Username. Not following this format will result in your vote not being counted.
    5. Votes for a no lynch/abstaining are NOT allowed.
    6. A tied lynch vote will result in a coin toss to determine who gets lynched.
    7. Missing two consecutive lynch votes will result in your removal from the game.
    8. Do not share PMs for any reason. If you do, you will be removed from the game immediately.
    9. All important game conversation should be kept in the game thread, or in any relevant Discord chat.
    10. If you are dead, please stay dead. Don't post or 'like' any new posts. You do get to post a single "death post" that may not contain any game-related information.
    11. Posting in the night phase is not allowed, unless stated otherwise.
    12. Any questions? I'm all ears. PM or message me on Discord (Mr Cat Dog#8817), please.
    13. Have fun! Yes, this is a rule.
    The PokeDex

Mr Cat Dog as Professor Oak​

Johnny as ???
    Abby as Charmeleon
    NightKrow as ???
    Aaron as Porygon
    Fletch as ???
    Radiating as ???
    gimmepie as ???
    Nakuzami as ???
    Alex Kaz as ???
    Salzorrah as Magikarp
    HyperMorian as ???
    Superjolt as ???
    Uzumaki Naruto as ???
    Alternative as ???
    Nero as ???
    jdthebud as ???
    Bardothren as ???
    Salzorrah^2 as ???
    Bidoof FTW as Ditto
    mew_nani as ???
    Who's Kiyo? as ???

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
    Years

• Novelty Pokemon Mafia

Level 25 (Day)

Charmeleon made good on his word as it perished, and the island was cloaked in darkness even as the sun started to rise the next day. In order to make sure that Castform could not muffle their voices any more, the Starter Pokemon pulled no punches.

As Castform made his daily float into the sky, although it had protection from Unown and another Pokemon, Raichu's Thunder was no match for it, causing the creature to explode instantaneously, reverting the weather back to normal on the island.

Elsewhere that morning, Vaporeon lay dying on the beach having succumbed to Ivysaur's poison. Her last words were echoed throughout the island for all inhabitants to hear.​

Bardothren has died. He was Castform.

mew_nani has died. She was Vaporeon.

Superjolt has been revealed as Raichu.

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

-------

Event - The Call of the Ghost Bidoofs

Though unable to see anything, and scattered throughout the island, each of the Pokemon could hear a rustling in the bushes, and a small set of lights coming from what appeared to be two eye sockets. Upon a closer inspection, each of the island critters were standing in front of what appeared to be a gaggle of ghostly Bidoof:

"Doofdoofmemesmemesdoofdoofmemesmemesdoofdoofmemesmemes" they whispered, creating a eerie rumble throughout the island.

"Heh. The ghost Bidoofs want memes. Aren't they cute?" someone said.

"Doofmemesdoofgunsdoofevolutiondoofshieldoofmemesdoof...", the ghosts continued, before:

"Doofdoofdoofdoofmeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeemes!"

You heard the ghost Bidoofs: Give me some memes, people!

Although this thread is closed to in-game activity, everyone is allowed one post in this phase solely to post what they consider to be the best meme relating to a Pokemon (or its evolution) that is a character in this game. The memes can be in the form of images or videos. The meme that the ghost Bidoofs I consider the best received by the end of the day phase will win a very special item.

Otherwise, no talking in this thread, folks! Any questions, please let me know via Discord or PM.​

-------​

Day will end in 48 hours time, at 10:00pm BST on Friday 26 April. Please ensure that you get your lynch votes in to me via PM or Discord message only before then. If I receive all lynch votes in beforehand, the phase will likely end early, so bear that in mind when choosing your memes.
    Rules and Mechanics

1. Please be civil to one another. This is only a game; we're not opening the Ark of the Covenant.
    2. Each day phase will last approximately 48 hours, and each night phase will last approximately 24 hours.
    3. Unless stated, you can't target yourself with your Night Action.
    4. Lynch votes must be written in the format of [#LYNCH] Username. If you want to change your vote, you must use the format [#UNVOTE] Username. Not following this format will result in your vote not being counted.
    5. Votes for a no lynch/abstaining are NOT allowed.
    6. A tied lynch vote will result in a coin toss to determine who gets lynched.
    7. Missing two consecutive lynch votes will result in your removal from the game.
    8. Do not share PMs for any reason. If you do, you will be removed from the game immediately.
    9. All important game conversation should be kept in the game thread, or in any relevant Discord chat.
    10. If you are dead, please stay dead. Don't post or 'like' any new posts. You do get to post a single "death post" that may not contain any game-related information.
    11. Posting in the night phase is not allowed, unless stated otherwise.
    12. Any questions? I'm all ears. PM or message me on Discord (Mr Cat Dog#8817), please.
    13. Have fun! Yes, this is a rule.
    The PokeDex

Mr Cat Dog as Professor Oak​

Johnny as ???
    Abby as Charmeleon
    NightKrow as ???
    Aaron as Porygon
    Fletch as ???
    Radiating as ???
    gimmepie as ???
    Nakuzami as ???
    Alex Kaz as ???
    Salzorrah as Magikarp
    HyperMorian as ???
    Superjolt as Raichu
    Uzumaki Naruto as ???
    Alternative as ???
    Nero as ???
    jdthebud as ???
    Bardothren as Castform
    Salzorrah^2 as ???
    Bidoof FTW as Ditto
    mew_nani as Vaporeon
    Who's Kiyo? as ???

mew_nani

Years
  • Novelty Pokemon Mafia

It looks like you're waiting for something. Your next life, maybe? :P

if that was too subtle for you MEME AHOY

Novelty Pokemon Mafia

it's a shame they never made any sequels...

Back