• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Novus' Pixel Gallery

Alucia

Random tile/map artist
Years
    • She/Her They/Them
    • Seen Mar 19, 2024
    You should make a mansion. I think that would be cool.

Now that would be cool seriously dude go for that. Also a few city building would be cool aswell

Years
    • Seen Apr 21, 2013
    As always nice tile!
    Novus, can you make a tile that makes the connections of the routes and cities?
    That has in the FR / LG and DPP... can You improve some details?
    I hope you answer my request :)

Alucia

Random tile/map artist
    Years
    • She/Her They/Them
    • Seen Mar 19, 2024
    As always nice tile!

I think you mean the gate building dont you. Anyway that would be cool aswell dude im gunna have a go at a gate building aswell =D good look mate

Fox♠

Banned
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen May 16, 2011
    Ok.
    I really liked the blue house xD
    I wait for improved tiles!

I wait for improved posts!

Wow! these are really good, im not good with constructive critisism, but i dont really have anything to say, anyways those are awesome!
    If you have no CC, atleast say what you like about his work, ie, the colours, shading etc

This house is great!! It was perfect! I really enjoyed.
    Keep doing great tiles!
    Bye!
    Please sir, do read the rules, I've not seen you make one post that meets the PA standards. Atleast say what you think is great about his work.

Please could you make me a tree tile for my hack?
    maybe a ground tile and grass tile to go with it perhaps?
    Requests aren't allowed. Unsurprisingly you're a ROM hacker, this isn't emulation, you don't just waltz in here and ignore our rules.

Um... Well It is simply amasing I'll give you that!
    ... but... I wanted to replace the original tree tile of firered, this is too big for that :(
    Please use elaboration or criticism.

As always nice tile!
    That is 3 times in one thread. No you can't request it;s against the rules, feel free to VM him or something, but not in threads.

If I see a notable more comments of the nature above, I will be closing this thread. It doesn't take you long to write maybe a sentence on why you like his/her work.

Novus

The English Kiwi
    Years
  • Yeah, sorry bout that Fox, I didn't know it was against the rules as I asked for "suggestions" for what to make next as I was having a lack of ideas. So, just to clarify, if I ask for viewers to suggest what I could possibly do next, is that against the rules?

Yeah, peoples, I was gonna mention this before, I'd hate to have my thread closed like Kyledove's was due to lack of constructive comments and as Fox said, if you don't have any C&C, just let me know what about my tiles you like, I do infact listen to my viewers and work off the feedback.

-Novus-

Fox♠

Banned
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen May 16, 2011
    Yeah, sorry bout that Fox, I didn't know it was against the rules as I asked for "suggestions" for what to make next as I was having a lack of ideas. So, just to clarify, if I ask for viewers to suggest what I could possibly do next, is that against the rules?

Yeah, peoples, I was gonna mention this before, I'd hate to have my thread closed like Kyledove's was due to lack of constructive comments and as Fox said, if you don't have any C&C, just let me know what about my tiles you like, I do infact listen to my viewers and work off the feedback.

-Novus-
    I have no gripes with asking for suggestions, but Neon asked you to make a specific tile then ended with "hope you answer my request" so I'm still going to treat it as a request.

Anyway, I'm sorry I had to make that post, I understand you've done nothing wrong and I do appreciate the work and detail you put into your tiles, they're pretty good. I love the soft palettes.

Oh sorry about that Fox I thought I could because Novus said he will take requests

Sorry i didn't realise if a member said they'd take requests it meant you didn't have to follow the rules. Silly me.

Years
    • Seen Apr 21, 2013
    Sorry Novus and Fox for these 3 posts against the rules...
    I hope I do not do that anymore.
    In fact my suggestion of the tile was not specific to me.
    The Novus has said that the tiles that he makes will be public.
    Novus said:
    any tiles I make this way will be public.
    Again sorry.

Years
    • Age 30
    • CA
    • Seen Mar 2, 2023
    Ah, right, you didn't mention that haha. Well the tree is there for anyone else who wants to use it and I'm currently updating the colour to go more with my tiles colour scheme than Kyledove's new ones, so will upload soon, hopefully along with a single image of all my work for ease and I've decided to make the Glass apartments public so they need to be added to the sheet.

Suggestions please

-Novus-

EDIT: Ok, here's the tree with updated colour scheme and I've provided Kyledove's original HGSS grass which personally I think is much better than the new one and which goes with my colour scheme.
    So, here it is and again, remember to credit Novus for the tree and Kyledove for the grass.
    Novus' Pixel Gallery

-Novus-

The lower part of the tree looks fabulous, but the upper part is a bit off. The brightest two color are a bit bright imo, and really stick out sourly. I would tone it down a bit. Try to make it blend more like the bottom half, which is done fabulously.

Novus

The English Kiwi
    Years
  • Thanks Jackson, I'll take a look at it sometime and fix what needs fixing.

Ok, I've updated the first post to be easier to use and better to look at, so take a look. Also, I've put together a work-in-progress tileset for public use.

-Novus-

p.s. The red on my work-in-progress tile is looking good, although bit of a big piece so taking my time *wink wink*

Alucia

Random tile/map artist
    Years
    • She/Her They/Them
    • Seen Mar 19, 2024
    ahh I see that you made glossy glass public nice one mate it could really come in handy, but for some reason the outlines on it look very dark the inner outlines i mean i woud surjest making them a shade of mid dark grey so that they blend better with the grey on the building.

oww and why arnt the center and mart in there they kicked ass???

Novus

The English Kiwi
    Years
  • Ah yes, the Pokecentre and Mart are getting a small revamp, mainly with some new colours to match the rest of the tileset but also to smooth out a few kinks.

Thanks for the C&C on the glossy buildings, I'll see what I can do.

-Novus-

Alucia

Random tile/map artist
    Years
    • She/Her They/Them
    • Seen Mar 19, 2024
    Ah yes, the Pokecentre and Mart are getting a small revamp, mainly with some new colours to match the rest of the tileset but also to smooth out a few kinks.

Thanks for the C&C on the glossy buildings, I'll see what I can do.

-Novus-

Ahh cool I loved the mart and center better than a lot of other peoples good look with the revamp the main thing i would do is with the mart make it fit directly in the 16 by 16 ratio if you can

Zurr

The sky is not the limit.
    Years
  • You're tiles are amazing Novus! Kyledove's gonna have good competition, not to mention Nintendo. The top of your tree tile looks a bit plain, though, kinda like a paint splat. If you could add a WEE bit more shading to the edges I think it would be better. Also, your double-window-second-floor house needs darker outlines on the roof. Didn't know what to call it lol. Anyways, keep up the good work! I bet PC's proud to have you.

Novus

The English Kiwi
    Years
  • Ok, little update this time due to first week of college and sorting everything out.

UPDATE:
    Ok, with the leakage of the Heart Gold and Soul Silver ROMs, I've started making some HGSS buildings and stuff.
    So, here's the first in my HGSS Tileset:

The Lantern:
    Novus' Pixel Gallery

So, let me know what ya think and I'll get to work on some more HGSS awesomeness.

-Novus-

EDIT: Also, some of you may have noticed that none of my tiles have shadows with them and I've done this as different people use different shading techniques but if people want it, I will add both types of shading that I use. The first is what I call "Hacking Shading", where the shadows fit inside the original tile limits and the second type is what I call "Game Dev Shading", where as in NDS Pokemon games, the shadows come out of the original tile limts and adds more realism.

Years
    • Seen Apr 21, 2013
    This tile is very good! This very detailed and also liked the palettes.
    I would find help if you put the shadows.
    I do not know if you still need suggestions but here's my...
    A home or gym Japanese style... I think it would be cool :)
    I wait for updates!

Novus

The English Kiwi
    Years
  • Ok, update time:

UPDATE:
    Ok, this is my Revamped FR&LG Pokemon Centre but revamped again with new colours so as to work well with the rest of the tileset.

So here it is:
    Novus' Pixel Gallery

So, let me know if you think it's better/worse than the older one and what ya think of it.

Next, I'll be revamping my revamped FR&LG PokeMart with new colours and then getting to work properly on my HGSS tileset.

-Novus-

Alucia

Random tile/map artist
    Years
    • She/Her They/Them
    • Seen Mar 19, 2024
    Ok, update time:

UPDATE:
    Ok, this is my Revamped FR&LG Pokemon Centre but revamped again with new colours so as to work well with the rest of the tileset.

So here it is:
    Novus' Pixel Gallery

So, let me know if you think it's better/worse than the older one and what ya think of it.

Next, I'll be revamping my revamped FR&LG PokeMart with new colours and then getting to work properly on my HGSS tileset.

-Novus-

waw very nice mate very nice its much better im loving the 3d look on the sign and the colours are perfect

Novus

The English Kiwi
    Years
  • Thanks Alucus, yeah, I too prefer the new colours and everything of this PokeCentre.

Also some good news, I've completed the first building in my new HGSS tileset by me and Alucus. Alucus is working on the Kanto side of the buildings and stuff and I'm covering Johto so will be good.

With this HGSS tileset, I figured I'd start with CherryGrove as Kyledove pretty much has NewBark Town covered and here is the first building I've done.

Cherrygrove House #1:
    Novus' Pixel Gallery
    Novus' Pixel Gallery

Ok, the roof tiles on this were a real b**** to make work with the new shape and I'd appreciated any C&C to improve any part of it.

So, enjoy, expect more HGSS tiles soon and please comment on what ya liked/didn't like and any C&C you have.

-Novus-

EDIT: Ok, I changed a few of the colours and have uploaded the new one aside the older one so you guys can see which one is better in your opinions. So, by all means, tell me which one you like best and why as it all helps me improve.

Last edited:
    Back