• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Now that you've played B/W...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Mar 1, 2012
    Still think HG/SS remakes are the greatest Pokemon games ever made. And Im still training up to beat Red soo.. But after that Ill still go around Kanto and Johto exploring but I just havent had any motivation to do that in B/W. After I beat the main story I was like done with the game.

silence27

Beginning Breeder
    Years
    • Seen Jun 25, 2012
    I remember playing Gold when i was younger but I didnt get heart gold til after i bought white and now i cant get into it but i really would like to..strange lol i wish you could go from one game to another and feel like you were just going to a new region instead of starting allover everytime catchin em all every single time but it would take a lot of work to get that feeling downpat without taking away from the gameplay sigh

Seeds Horizon

Gotta love that feeling~
    Years
  • I played White first, and I just recently bought SoulSilver. To me, so far SS is much better. The storyline seems to me to be slower, not as fast paced as White was. I just finished the 6th gym, and in the time it took me to get this far I would have probably beat the E4 for the first time in White (Ive played 3 playthroughs of white, and its rougly the same times it has taken me to get that far.) Plus I like the Pokes much better in SS, White was good, but I like SS a lot better. And im really looking forward to the endgame of SS, compared to White when I was just...What am I supposed to do now? Beat the E4 again? Booooring. Beat up Cheren and Bianca? Biancas a pushover, and Cheren isnt much of a challenge..Booooring. Catch MORE legendaries? What the hell? And the legends are so easy to catch as well...And theres not even a Safari Zone, nor Battle Frontier. And whereas SS has at least the Kanto region to beat, White has barely anything except for the E4, the champ, and your rivals. And all thats left is the Battle Subway and then the Dream World and battling other players, which I can do in SS anyway, and in SS you have the Battle Frontier, 8 MORE gyms after the initial ones, and a LOT more to do. But im not dissing White as a whole, just its endgame and comparing to SS its not as good. But if I had to choose, HG/SS would be my first pick out of every Poke game, with B/W following in second.

Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2012
    Well I do not find it old, because in black and white you get to go around the unova region in great and amazing graphics, but as a kid i really liked pokemon gold and silver so still being able to play the remakes for me is still really fun even after the release of black and white.

NamelessGuy

<Insert Witty Title Here>
    Years
  • Although I thoroughly enjoyed White, I found SoulSilver a bit easier to play, since I'm used to the region and gameplay mechanics. Plus, it's childhood nostalgia every time I play it.

Years
    • Seen Jun 11, 2014
    I think so. I have started up my Sapphire and recieved the first badge, but I also started SoulSilver with a Totodile, so i'm not sure which I will play, but I feel like playing SoulSilver more.

FalconsDrummer

Why yes, I have an Octillery.
    Years
  • I only recently got Black version, and I've been really getting into it. There's so much that has changed between HG/SS and B/W. However, I picked up HeartGold the other day, and I still felt its charm. If anything, having played Black has helped HeartGold regain the charm it had for me when I first started playing HG.

Gulpin

poisonous
    Years
    • Seen Jan 16, 2017
    HGSS seems older than they are, but I will definatley go back to them just so I can have the Johto experience again, as it is my favorite region behind Hoenn.

Years
    • Seen Dec 12, 2011
    Although I feel Heartgold/Soulsilver is a little outdated now, I still prefer them, compared to Black and White.

r0bert

Quitifyingly awesome.
    Years
  • Now that I've played B/W...I like HG/SS even better! Ilike the semi-3d in heartgold more,the battles are less dynamic but they're fine that way and I personally think heargold had a more lush feeling,because of the nature tiles.

Aafi

gaitors gonna gait.||
    Years
  • Hmm. Well, I was becoming bored with my other Pokemon games, so B&W was rather refreshing. I'm not sure if I want to return to the others, however. :x In other words, I prefer Black and White over the older series such as HG & SS.

WolfAlchemist

Royal Guard
    Years
  • I go back & play like nothing changed. The only change I feel is just the different Pokemon & the moving sprites. But that's it. Heck, I went back & play Red version for some hours after playing White. One thing I could really care less about when it comes to games, is the graphics. As long as the game is fun...then yea.

BlazeGirl12

Just Another Pokemon Player
    Years
  • I still love HG/SS. Your Pokemon follow you around (though that id get annoying at times), the soundfonts are WAY better IMO, and the semi-3D graphics really add to the game without making the controls really awkward like some places in B/W. Oh yeah, did I mention the touch screen controls, which I thought made the G/S remakes way easier? I hate how they reverted back to top screen for the most part in the new games. :P

SuperSaiyanII

Cool Story Bro!!
    Years
  • I still play Soul Silver but I usually hack in the GB Sounds right at the beginning of the game which makes me play it even longer. BW hasn't made me stop playing but I'm sure I'll stop playing for a while when the ruby and sapphire remakes come out.

Years
  • Due to the fact I couldn't get into Pokemon Black, i've gone back into HG as I feel it's more entertaining.

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~

Buffalo State College
    Years
  • I just look at it and say "wow, Pokemon made a huge improvment" and it makes me not want to play any of the older games lol. But I do miss the fact that my Pokemon will follow me ='( They should have kept that in Pokemon Black and White

:t354:TG

Arcaray

Tetris God.
    Years
  • I'll be honest. After playing the remake of my favourite Pokemon Game non-stop since its release, Pokemon White was an incredible let down.
    Yeah, the graphics and stuff are much improved, but I'm just not motivated to play it past Route 4 at the moment. It's completely separated from the other 4 regions, ALL the Pokemon are new and, let's face it, not that good, and all it's done is made me realise that the old games will always be the best.

I started on Pokemon Gold, and Silver is definitely the game that means the most to me. Introducing anything past the first two (maybe three, with a stretch) generations just did nothing for me, other than inspire me to continue with the old school games forevermore.

BattleBeard

The Ultimate Beard
    Years
  • I would like HG/SS more...but, I can't play any other Pokemon games after getting so used to the full back sprites and the dynamic-ness of the battle system, and my new team. I still love the old Pokemon but I have a feeling it'll be a long time before I play any other Pokemon game...unless it's that Ruby/Sapphire remake. With following pokemon and full-back, please.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back