• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Anime/Manga NP: The Theory of Slice of Life

Status
Not open for further replies.

Weeaboo Name

Banned
    Years
    As long as we still have 500 fun reaction shots every episode like the old show I'll be happy.

Spoiler:

Weeaboo Name

Banned
    Years
    Oh there are most certainly worse, and there are also plenty of manga that use a similar style with far worse execution. Some of the QUALITY I've seen in shoujo managa is amazing.

A similar style but far more appealing to me would be that of Riyoko Ikeda, also her works tend to be more me. Yeah, it is all personal preference.

Years
    Ah, yes, I've seen her works around, but never actually read any of them. They're beautiful in terms of the amount of detail going into her characters by the looks of it, and it reminds me of Tanemura Arina's, whose works I absolutely love, particularly her attention to detail.

Weeaboo Name

Banned
    Years
    Full Moon was a good read, I believe she was the one that wrote that. I really do enjoy shoujo stuff but in comparison to the other demographics I've hardly consumed any. Guess that will be my goal for the next few moths.

Years
    Yes, she was c: No matter the story, I will always read her manga mainly for her artwork XD The shoujo genre can get convoluted with the same plot and/or character personalities though \:

Weeaboo Name

Banned
    Years
    Convoluted, not so much. I would agree that the character personalities are something that could put people off. In the romance stories you tend to either get the perfect fluffy type or the opposite broken, abusive and ridiculous. Wasn't it Hot Gimmick where the male protagonist organised the gangrape of the female protagonist but that was ok BECAUSE HE LOVES HER SO MUCH. I'm ok with silly dorama but come on.

Years
    Not much of a Sailor Moon fan. I remember watching a few episodes back in the day though, but I think I liked Yu Yu Hakusho more when it was showing back in the late 90's.

Years
    Convoluted, not so much. I would agree that the character personalities are something that could put people off. In the romance stories you tend to either get the perfect fluffy type or the opposite broken, abusive and ridiculous. Wasn't it Hot Gimmick where the male protagonist organised the gangrape of the female protagonist but that was ok BECAUSE HE LOVES HER SO MUCH. I'm ok with silly dorama but come on.

Oh, hehe. It might be from reading the same kind of series that were created by the same author so that might be an explanation why I said it could become saturated with similar material from one manga to another c:

derozio

[b][color=red][font=helvetica][i]door-kun best boi
    Years
    Your post killed the thread, Raine. XD; And well, yeah, if you're a fan of some author you're more likely to follow his work. And if you do that then it is more likely for you to find a lot of similarities. :v

Anyway, I'm downloading the following animu right now:

Needless
    Toaru Majutsu no Index
    Zetsuen no Tempest
    Tatami Galaxy
    Law of Ueki
    Tokyo Magnitude 8.0

Someone showed me Needless' ED a while ago. Almost fooled me into thinking the show was nothing more than loli-yuri ecchi. I'm okay with ecchi but since I expected this to be an action show for the most part I was disappointed a bit. But then someone told me that that's the joke - the ED has nothing to do with the show lol. The OP, on the other hand, is baws and manly.

Weeaboo Name

Banned
    Years
    As far as silly shounen go Needless was pretty fun. Manga was way better than the anime though, make sure you hit that up later on. Wouldn't say the ed has nothing to do, there are a fair amount of little girl panties mixed in with the ott action. Also Adam Blade would obviously request something like it if he could.
    Spoiler:

Really liked Tokyo Magnitude. Liked the concept of Tatami but it was probably 2alrernative4me in execution, great OST and design though. Raildex franchise is fine for a generic shounen type LN thiing and I haven't seen the others.

I've been watching some good stuff this week. The Big O and Master Keaton were both fantastic.

Will probably calm down a bit on toons whilst the World Cup is on though. Not sure what I'll watch next.

derozio

Years
    Well, as long as it is a silly action series for the most part I think I'll enjoy it quite a bit. I'm afraid that Tatami would be 2alternative/abstract4me as well haha. But we'll see. I'm actually downloading Needless first. Once I'm done, I'll get to the rest.

I should probably download both Big O and Keaton sometime. Keaton is Urasawa's work so it'll be great (read monster) and I've heard nothing but good things about The Big O.

As for world cup..well, I'm not a soccer fanatic so I don't think it'll affect me at all.

Years
    So… Orochimaru was in Akatsuki which was being lead by Pain who was getting used by Obito who was getting used by Madara who was getting used by Black-Zetsu who is under Kaguya?

derozio

Years
    Copy pasting my response here.

me on FB said:
    I can't even understand the logic Trolishi used here.

>Madara
    >villain since the very beginning
    >legendary ninja
    >strongest Uchiha
    >continuously builds him up over hundreds of chapters
    >keeps building him him even more in the war
    >suddenly le wild unexpected Black Zetsu appears!
    >ITS KAGUYA TIME, KODOMOzz!!!

Oh, and the icing:
    >Kaguya is a ♥♥♥♥♥ we didn't even knew existed till like 30ish chapters ago.

So LOL.

Last edited:

Weeaboo Name

Banned
    Years
    Kaguya = Rabbit
    Orochimaru = Snake
    Snakes eat rabbits = Orochimaru takes over Kaguya's body

He's always been looking for a good body, now he has found the most overpowered one in the series. Orochimaru will be the final boss, the manga will go full circle with Naruto facing the first person he really hated last.

Or so I hope, Kaguya actually being the final boss would be pretty horrible.

Also Kaguya is an alien. Like that folktale where Kaguya is of the moon.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back