• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Anime/Manga NP: The Theory of Slice of Life

Status
Not open for further replies.

derozio

[b][color=red][font=helvetica][i]door-kun best boi
    Years
    Come on now, people. More blood, more sex, more tits = more mature. That's just plain goddamn obvious. We don't really need to talk about it. Really.

Terror in Tokyo and Barakamon are the most immature series out right now. While Tokyo Ghoul and Akame ga Kill are the most mature and psychologically deep anime. And those are facts.

but nothing's impossible!!
    ROW ROW FIGHT THA POWAH!!

derozio

Years
    I disagree largely. but too tired to have a debate so you win kk

started rewatching FMAB with a friend. FMAB = cool stuff. all this time i had been putting gintama and gits over fmab but now rewatching it its more like gintama = gits = fmab for me.

Weeaboo Name

Banned
    Years
    Wasn't going for a debate but I do wonder what you think it feels mature and I think it's something that a 15 year old girl would write. A SMILE LIKE THE SUN, EYES LIKE ICE. Well, maybe I'll give it another shot when it has finished airing.

FMA is always good.

Will probably pick up another complete show this afternoon as I'm not swamped with airing backlog.

derozio

Years
    if you'll check the ZnT thread you'll actually notice I mentioned how goddamn cringe-worthy those lines by the female lead were. or maybe i just mentioned how I found it annoying. but meh.

i can't pick up anything. have quizzes this week. ;____;

Professor_Jared

Mr. Fish trainer
    Years
    Come on now, people. More blood, more sex, more tits = more mature. That's just plain goddamn obvious. We don't really need to talk about it. Really.

Terror in Tokyo and Barakamon are the most immature series out right now. While Tokyo Ghoul and Akame ga Kill are the most mature and psychologically deep anime. And those are facts.

No, that's really something I can't agree with, I mean Elfen Lied did the same thing like 9 years ago with all the blood and tits, and it came off as mediocre and shallow, and not all that mature in general.

Last edited:

derozio

Years
    No, that's really something I can't agree with, I mean Elfen Lied did the same thing a like 9 years ago with all the blood and tits, and it came off as mediocre and shallow, and not all that mature in general.

Spoiler:

I hope this image suffices to describe my thoughts on Elfen Lied. (score is out of 10 btw js)

Professor_Jared

Mr. Fish trainer
    Years
    Spoiler:

I hope this image suffices to describe my thoughts on Elfen Lied. (score is out of 10 btw js)

Yeah that seems about right (God, there was almost nothing redeeming about that blood and boobs (gimmick-reliant) series whatsoever), which further illustrates my point about how blood and boobs doesn't always equal more mature and psychological, especially in the case of Elfen Lied.

Candy

[img]http://i.imgur.com/snz4bEm.png[/img]
    Years
    Everytime Hinata from Haikyuu shouts "Mo Ippai!" I keep thinking he wants more pie.

I thought all the characters of Haikyuu!! has shouted "Mo Ippai!" at least once in the series so far. P:

Or was it "Mo ikai!"?

Or I just suck at listening to anime's Japanese dubbing?

derozio

Years
    I don't hate Elfen Lied. Certainly better than a lot of stuff.
    Sasuga good-taste Laptrap senpai.

I personally dislike Elfen Lied the most out of all anime I've seen.

On a totally unrelated note, Aldnoah Zero ED2 SO GOOD.

As for the topic at hand - haven't seen Haikyuu so can't comment on that. I do plan to watch it sometime, though.

Weeaboo Name

Banned
    Years
    Only watched the first Haikyuu ep but it seems good. I prefer marathoning sports shows so I've been saving them up along with Baby Steps and Daiya no Ace.

derozio

Years
    I've heard that the manga is infinitely better. I'll give it a shot someday.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back