• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Anime/Manga NP: The Theory of Slice of Life

Status
Not open for further replies.

derozio

[b][color=red][font=helvetica][i]door-kun best boi
    Years
    I don't even know/remember who the hell Silica is let alone her pantsu lel

I just got myself the following few series from a friend!

Hajime no Ippo
    Blood+
    Ouran High School Host Club (which is apparently incomplete boooo)
    Log Horizon
    The Law of Ueki
    Arakawa Under the Bridge
    Haruhi Suzumiya (seasons + disappearance)
    Valverave the Liberator (first split cour)
    Initial D (1st-4th series)

Pretty happy about 'em. :D Also saw Grave of the fireflies yesterday. It is a sad and depressing movie, yes, but I didn't feel like crying at any point. Nor did it move me emotionally too much or anything. I mean, it was a good movie but...I never felt that it had too much of an impact on me. Realistic portrayal of people's predicaments during war-time was well done, though.

Weeaboo Name

Banned
    Years
    Some of those are good shows. Have fun.

Have been reading manga recently. Taking a break from my Adachi marathon and getting through some older shoujo stuff.

Why do anime fans hate fun?
    Spoiler:

Last edited:

«Chuckles»

Sharky
    Years
    • Seen Apr 29, 2023
    Hey guys been a while, computers being a total knob but I'm back. Just been watching Patlabor and Mushishi. I saw Dragon Ball Z battle of Gods in the cinema the dub was okay can't complain.

/m/atey!
    You ready for G-Reco, The Origin and Build Fighters Try?

derozio

Years
    I'll watch Sengoku Basara someday. (b")b

And thanks lappy. I know some of them are good since I've already seen them - Law of Ueki and Hajime no Ippo, for instance. The others, well, I just took them because I've heard they're good (Arakawa) or I've seen them on animax and they looked cool back then (like Blood+). Either way, started Blood+ and Honey and Clover S2. Both have started off pretty well. :D

Next season, hmm. The only ones that I'm truly hyped for are the ufotable FSN and Log Horizon WOWOWOW volume 2. I may be forgetting some series, though. Wait, is "Shigatsu wa kimi to uso" coming out next season too? Then sign me up for that as well! Oh, and curious about Psycho Pass 2.

Weeaboo Name

Banned
    Years
    Certainly looks like it.

So a Hollywood film adaptation of Yamato/Star Blazers has been green lit. Will be interesting to see what they do with it. I'm just glad they didn't pick GE999 or Harlock, I like those too much.

derozio

Years
    Never heard of it so don't really care about the adaptation. o/

As for the KyoAni project - well, busty onee-san with gun. That seems like my kind of stuff. Sign me up, KyoAni. You got my interest. =p

Weeaboo Name

Banned
    Years
    I didn't mind the original but it lacks the enigmatic lead character. Maetel and Harlock are simply fantastic.

If they did a good job with the visuals then I'm in, eventually.

Professor_Jared

Mr. Fish trainer
    Years
    Hey guys been a while, computers being a total knob but I'm back. Just been watching Patlabor and Mushishi. I saw Dragon Ball Z battle of Gods in the cinema the dub was okay can't complain.

/m/atey!
    You ready for G-Reco, The Origin and Build Fighters Try?

Bring it on! My body is always ready for more Gundamn err...I mean Gundam.

derozio

Years
    ...wow. And I thought I was the perverted one here. XD; I don't really blame you though, those really are a fine pair of legs. And dat rack too. And dat face. :3

Anyway, catching upto Aldnoah.Zero. It has been an okay ride. Nothing amazing but nothing repulsive. Also catching up with the rebuild movies of NGE. Watched 1.11 and 2.22 and half of 3.33. Might watch the rest of 3.33 tomorrow.

derozio

Years
    College life. That's what it does to you. :( 1 hour long movies I can manage. But not more than that. If it extends further, either I'll have to be free on that day or I'm sacrificing some time that I'm supposed to be doing something else with.

Weeaboo Name

Banned
    Years
    Christ, just wait until you get the extra half hour. Films are often about momentum building so the experience is ruined by breaks, I even like pausing for a few minutes whilst somebody gets up.

You obviously aren't as autistic as me when it comes to films.

That being said 3.0 sucked so you aren't missing much by watching in a weird fashion.

Taemin

move.
    Years
    • he / they
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    Hahaha, lack of time is also why I have yet to finish the Eva movies.

I really like what I saw, but I'm so busy that when I have time for anime, it's usually spent trying to keep up with the few that I'm watching that are currently airing. I still fall a couple weeks behind on them sometimes.

But.. starting a flim = finishing a film. idk if i'd start one of them if i knew i didnt have time to finish it. would bug me. xD;

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back